Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#14,437 ·
sup fellas :sadwave:

#14,444 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I might be selling my car, but I'm not too sure right now. But if that happens, I'm gunna be start parting out the car. F4 members get first dibs so.. most likely I'll have:

FMIC w/ HKS BOV, front strut bar, Perrin maf hose, STi front seats (w/ stock trade), STi door cards (w/ stock trade), trunk w/ sti spoilers, JDM Sti cluster

#14,448 ·
i know what you mean, im in the same boat myself right now and still trying to figure out what to do with my car, personally im looking for something like a truck or suv for the capability to tow my bikes to the track and stuff. and when i get a job to have something with better gas mileage then my 12 mpg wrx haha. Not sure i may just bite the bullet and keep the wrx too i just love it so much and there is not much i can do with it if i wanted to get rid of it anyway

#14,454 ·
with the grease car kit. all you would need to do is filter the grease and run it. no need to add chemicals or anything. biodiesel and waste vegetable oil come from the same sources but have a different chemical composition. with the greasecar setup, i can travel to new york for free by just stopping by restaurants along the way to refuel. the only problem would be filtering it before sticking it in the vegetable oil tank. im really hyped up about getting the car and doing the conversion. but... i got the EL WRXO. hmm... the sound of a turbo on a diesel...

#14,455 ·
I was talking to a dude and he mentioned the "chemical breakdown" method was preferred and safer for the motor. He runs a 12vdc pump in his car to gather the oil, and went to the local pool supply house to get several filters & strainers before he introduced the chemical process. He can process a 55 gallon batch in less than an hour (55 gallon drum). Instead of running on just grease, it's pure biodiesel and can be stored for a long period without going stale. ???? interesting topic.

stock VW TDI Golf 1.9 = 40MPG
turbo swap = 30MPG?
my wagon = 16-23mpg.

#14,457 ·
:) hey guys imma head off to michigan for my student competition a big road trip....!!!! :thumbup: i'll be back in the week

#14,464 ·
mannn... my greddy EBC stopped working. it wont control my boost anymore. the most i can get is about 15psi (using the helper spring on the wastegate)...
im really hating the crappy gas mileage it gets now.. i have to drive about 60 miles a day to and from school and to work. i average about 20 mpg so about 3 gallons a day. 3 gallons x 3.40/gal = $10.20 a day. dayum...
as where my bike gets about 45 mpg so about 1.3 gallons a day. 1.3 x 3.40 = $4.42 a day. not bad.
lets say i use my 250. 55 mpg. about 1.09 gallons a day. 1.09 x 3.25 (it uses regular) = $3.54 a day. and if i were to gear it up (putting a bigger front sprocket)i can get about 65 mpg.. only if i can keep my 250... too bad it has to go..

#14,469 ·
Waste of precious money....
label wh0re? with all that fanciness, it better be fast. :rotfl: Kinda like all those GFs who have to have a louis vitton bag, she better be worth it. don't mind me, i'm a bitter man.

#14,471 ·
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

ATTENTION F4 Member#007 (Charlie): Please man is there anything I can do to talk you out of that Scion..? :whoa:

#14,473 ·
I've been having tons of fun with my new wagon....but realizing I'm starting to boost creep now.

time to look into external wastegate. question is, what spring rate should I go with? 1.0 bar? My turbo will probably really shine when it gets to 22lbs or so (i'm at 18 now).

#14,476 ·
hey anson, do you still have that weird idle problem? you have helix injectors right? if so, i did a little test with the injector position (which way the harness is pointing) and the car idled better when the harness is perpendicular to the fuel rail (or pointing to the fenders)

#14,474 ·
hey guys I have this problem in my personal CPU

When starting my computer it says NTLDR is compressed, press ctrl alt delete. I can do this all day and it just keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. I can't get windows to come up. Please if somebody has a suggestion let me know!

#14,477 ·
waz up fellas :sadwave:

#14,481 ·
hey charlie sorry to hear that you are selling the soob but lmk how much your selling it for and whith how much milage, my sis is planing to get one,

so when is the next f4 meet i havent seen u guys in like forever, and its making me home sick,

i miss the F4 guys!

#14,486 ·
You already got rid of the WRX?! that was fast...did you sell private and waiting for the xB to get built? I'm assuming the Cobalt is a rental while you're between vehicles....

I don't want to be sad the Rex is gone. You're moving on and it's something that suits you.

#14,488 ·
anson im down for the meet and drive let me know when you want to do this? maybe thurs morning or sat morning or fri morning