SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 964
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ansonowicz so sad. what are you considering upgrading to? no FWD i hope. it's just a phase!...

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    so sad. what are you considering upgrading to? no FWD i hope.

it's just a phase!
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually, thinkin of downgrading myself to some more economic cars...
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite View Post
    Actually, thinkin of downgrading myself to some more economic cars...
    i know what you mean, im in the same boat myself right now and still trying to figure out what to do with my car, personally im looking for something like a truck or suv for the capability to tow my bikes to the track and stuff. and when i get a job to have something with better gas mileage then my 12 mpg wrx haha. Not sure i may just bite the bullet and keep the wrx too i just love it so much and there is not much i can do with it if i wanted to get rid of it anyway
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

Hey guys, I might be selling my car, but I'm not too sure right now. But if that happens, I'm gunna be start parting out the car. F4 members get first dibs so.. most likely I'll have:

FMIC w/ HKS BOV, front strut bar, Perrin maf hose, STi front seats (w/ stock trade), STi door cards (w/ stock trade), trunk w/ sti spoilers, JDM Sti cluster
    sorry to hear that.

i'll dib the fmic though if you do decide to go that route.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    sorry to hear that.

i'll dib the fmic though if you do decide to go that route.
    dammit beat me to it. 2nd dibs
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

hmm. the sti seats and interior sounds nice
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by scoobytime View Post
    i know what you mean, im in the same boat myself right now and still trying to figure out what to do with my car, personally im looking for something like a truck or suv for the capability to tow my bikes to the track and stuff. and when i get a job to have something with better gas mileage then my 12 mpg wrx haha. Not sure i may just bite the bullet and keep the wrx too i just love it so much and there is not much i can do with it if i wanted to get rid of it anyway
    same thing here. driving my car makes me mad all the time because of how rough it drives and all the gas it eats. i was thinking of buying a diesel VW and making it run off of vegetable oil (www.greasecar.com) and since i can get free waste vegetable oil from some of my relatives that own restaurants. i can pretty much run my car for free. but.. i still have the wrx soooo. that might happen IF some how i total it or something.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    same thing here. driving my car makes me mad all the time because of how rough it drives and all the gas it eats. i was thinking of buying a diesel VW and making it run off of vegetable oil (www.greasecar.com) and since i can get free waste vegetable oil from some of my relatives that own restaurants. i can pretty much run my car for free. but.. i still have the wrx soooo. that might happen IF some how i total it or something.
    were you listening in on my conversation with Eric? I was thinking the same thing....turbo swapped TDI golf. I'd ahve the fasted veggie oil in the LBC god knows there's any deep frying around here in this fat city.

but the cost for me to setup a biodiesel plant in my garage, my ROI would take a few years. So i'd have to drive constanty for a few years in a slow car...not fun at all.

Same boat here, my wagon needs a tune badly, but I dont' want to pour any more immediate funds into it. It's fun, I love it, and I'm just being a whiny bish.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

with the grease car kit. all you would need to do is filter the grease and run it. no need to add chemicals or anything. biodiesel and waste vegetable oil come from the same sources but have a different chemical composition. with the greasecar setup, i can travel to new york for free by just stopping by restaurants along the way to refuel. the only problem would be filtering it before sticking it in the vegetable oil tank. im really hyped up about getting the car and doing the conversion. but... i got the EL WRXO. hmm... the sound of a turbo on a diesel...
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    with the grease car kit. all you would need to do is filter the grease and run it. no need to add chemicals or anything. biodiesel and waste vegetable oil come from the same sources but have a different chemical composition. with the greasecar setup, i can travel to new york for free by just stopping by restaurants along the way to refuel. the only problem would be filtering it before sticking it in the vegetable oil tank. im really hyped up about getting the car and doing the conversion. but... i got the EL WRXO. hmm... the sound of a turbo on a diesel...
    I was talking to a dude and he mentioned the "chemical breakdown" method was preferred and safer for the motor. He runs a 12vdc pump in his car to gather the oil, and went to the local pool supply house to get several filters & strainers before he introduced the chemical process. He can process a 55 gallon batch in less than an hour (55 gallon drum). Instead of running on just grease, it's pure biodiesel and can be stored for a long period without going stale. ???? interesting topic.

stock VW TDI Golf 1.9 = 40MPG
    turbo swap = 30MPG?
    my wagon = 16-23mpg.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

I was talking to a dude and he mentioned the "chemical breakdown" method was preferred and safer for the motor. He runs a 12vdc pump in his car to gather the oil, and went to the local pool supply house to get several filters & strainers before he introduced the chemical process. He can process a 55 gallon batch in less than an hour (55 gallon drum). Instead of running on just grease, it's pure biodiesel and can be stored for a long period without going stale. ???? interesting topic.

stock VW TDI Golf 1.9 = 40MPG
    turbo swap = 30MPG?
    my wagon = 16-23mpg.
    bio diesel is used if you dont want to make any modifications to the car. running straight vegetable oil will run pretty much the same as diesel but you would need a kit with a separate tank and some way to heat up the vegetble oil to keep the viscosity low. either way, biodiesel and waste vegetalbe oil is better than petrolium based diesel. golf tdi still go for quite a lot right now. unless i go look for an old 80s mercedes benz 300D. but i kinda llike how hooked up golfs look.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

hey guys imma head off to michigan for my student competition a big road trip....!!!! i'll be back in the week
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

hey chris, i think i need that cable back..
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

any of u guys wanna trade my sti seat with stockers? i'll do f4 special for 400. or 450 with door cards...
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

hey chris, i think i need that cable back..
    k. ill drop it off tomorrow or tuesday. how much you want your strutbar for? and what car you plannin to get?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.