SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 941
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Im in Anaheim hills which isnt too far but im not into drag racing :P bad for the tranny. Let ...

Im in Anaheim hills which isnt too far but im not into drag racing :P bad for the tranny.

Let me know if you need help -most of people here enjoy track/autox i think a few people have ran the 1/4 though

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mikercp View Post
    Helo Just wondering, but the car club of sorts you guys are in, are there any members that live out in Chino Hills Area or Riverside? Also are any of you guys into drag racing? Jus curious. I don't know too many people out here that are into Subies, mostly hondas. I have the best of both worlds but my roots are honda. Im just trying to network in case I need advice or help workin on my car. I got a 03 Wrx and 94 Civic HB.
    The closest I can think of, and I'll name each member by location, Mira Loma, Ontario, Pomona.

I graduated from Ayala back in the day, so Chino Hills is my old stomping grounds.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Oh Ok. Yeah I've had my car since 2004 and I was all into drag racing, an trying to get my car fast but I took a few steps backwards and sold most of my parts off and I was planning on selling. I changed my mind, and now Im starting suspension and building from there. I need help getting advice from others with their setups etc that live close enough to meet etc.. Im trying to get my alignment and overall suspension dialed in for good street, and drag setup. This is my weekend car now, so I can take my time with it.

Any help would be appreciated, also if you guys ever have any meets and such, I appreciate cars and would be down to roll if I have time.

My name is Dodge C.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    yes?

that is a good deal isn't it. only like 15k miles on them. i thought it was pretty good. want them when i get them?
    how much
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

hey Fahren how do you like the forester? im thinking of getting one, i might the Rex to my little brother. i need something that can tow some weight and the forester can tow like 2400lbs which is enough for the trailer and two bikes, dont remember how much the wrx can tow but dont know how comfortable i would be with towing stuff in a car like i have, not sure yet but i might be going the forester route or something else.
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

hey chris, what kind of riding boots/shoes can you recomend for everyday use. i saw one from sidi that i really liked
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I got a few pics for u guys later
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by scoobytime View Post
    hey Fahren how do you like the forester? im thinking of getting one, i might the Rex to my little brother. i need something that can tow some weight and the forester can tow like 2400lbs which is enough for the trailer and two bikes, dont remember how much the wrx can tow but dont know how comfortable i would be with towing stuff in a car like i have, not sure yet but i might be going the forester route or something else.
    i can't imagine that the towing rate would be very different. it's the same car. only with a 2.5 block. but yeah i wouldn't want to tow it with yours.

i love the forester. it has a higher feel to it. and you sit a little more upright in it than i did in the wagon. i really like it but i'm a truck lover. so it fits me well.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    hey chris, what kind of riding boots/shoes can you recomend for everyday use. i saw one from sidi that i really liked
    i had some sidis and they are great, only thing was they were a little small for me so i sold them and will be getting some astars supertechs soon. But Sidis are really good boots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    i can't imagine that the towing rate would be very different. it's the same car. only with a 2.5 block. but yeah i wouldn't want to tow it with yours.

i love the forester. it has a higher feel to it. and you sit a little more upright in it than i did in the wagon. i really like it but i'm a truck lover. so it fits me well.
    yeah i really like the forester, the wrx says it has a max of like almost 2000 lbs but you need to have electric brakes on the trailer and stuff so its not really for towing and stuff, i dont really want to get a full SUV or anything like that. At the moment i go to the track like once a month and when i start working i will be able to afford to go more then that so i really need something that will be able to tow a small trailer, two bikes and all the gear and stuff so thats why i was looking at the forester. Its either that or i will have to look iinto some type of SUV.
    to bad my car isnt stock or close to it cause i would just trade it in, and i cant really sell it cause not gonna get anywhere near what i put into it and i would imagine it would be hard to sell a heavily moddified car anyway. Unless someone wants to swap engines and stuff hahaha then i could trade it in.
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

thanks charlie for letting me borrow your accessport cable. i was able to do some logging with it and my fuel trims are all over the place. im thinking of going with smaller injectors. also im getting misfire codes in all cylinders and the stock ecu pulls timing really bad when i barely step on the gas (not in limp mode tho)
    im about to use enginuity to see if i can do a reflash to be used in conjunction with the utec. hopfully it will work and help out the drivability problems im having. hopefully i dont mess anything up
    ANSON: do you still have your stock injectors?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

thanks charlie for letting me borrow your accessport cable. i was able to do some logging with it and my fuel trims are all over the place. im thinking of going with smaller injectors. also im getting misfire codes in all cylinders and the stock ecu pulls timing really bad when i barely step on the gas (not in limp mode tho)
    im about to use enginuity to see if i can do a reflash to be used in conjunction with the utec. hopfully it will work and help out the drivability problems im having. hopefully i dont mess anything up
    ANSON: do you still have your stock injectors?
    wow, so those plugs really worked.

Just bring it back with ur bike cause i wanna see it
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite View Post
    wow, so those plugs really worked.

Just bring it back with ur bike cause i wanna see it
    i still need the flash block plug. but ya, i can fix your idle. i raised mine about 25rpm so it idles about 720-735 instead of stock 690-710. i just downloaded all the software i need to use openecu and enginuity. so, im going to do a bunch of reading so im well informed before i proceed with the reflash. if it becomes a success, i will offer free ecu reflashes to f4 members (using basemaps offered by enginuity and openecu and maybe some fine tuning after)
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

i checked my engine codes and it keeps saying that im getting misfire in all 4 cylinders..... i wonder what the cause is
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

i checked my engine codes and it keeps saying that im getting misfire in all 4 cylinders..... i wonder what the cause is
    maybe u need 1 step colder spark plugs?
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

hmm. dunno. ill probably check the plugs and do a compression check while im at it.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.