SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 937

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 oh, by the way. what was the outcome of your car??? did you buy it back ...

  1. #14041
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 View Post
    oh, by the way. what was the outcome of your car??? did you buy it back from the insurance??? get another car??

    he has a fozzie now....
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #14042
    Registered User Fahren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 View Post
    oh, by the way. what was the outcome of your car??? did you buy it back from the insurance??? get another car??
    yeah i bought it back. i've been parting it out and tearing it down.

    i bought a forester xt. loves it.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

  4. #14043
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 View Post
    what's up guys??? golly jeepers it's been like forever since i've been in this joint. not even gonna try to read and see what all i missed.
    wassup bud.

    Not that you asked, but here's what you've missed: 06 20g'd Wagon -----> 06 STI Tranny!
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  5. #14044
    Registered User AspirinWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    654
    I need to change my clutch fluid.. How do i do that?
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

  6. #14045
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite View Post
    I need to change my clutch fluid.. How do i do that?
    1) look for the clutch fluid reservoir
    2) follow the lines to the transmission
    3) you'll see a steel-iron like assembly with the line going into it (looks like a brake line)
    4) if you look closely, there will be a bleed connector nipple (8mm)
    5) attach a 3/16" or 1/4" inner diameter tube to the bleeder housing
    6) loosen the bleeder about 3/4 turn
    7) have someone press the clutch & use their hands to pull the pedal back
    8) repeat until most of the fluid is out


    9) close the bleeder
    10) fill with new fluid
    11) tape the vinyl hose line up onto the hood of the car (so air will rise but the liquid stays down)
    12) depress the clutch
    13) release the bleeder for about 1min
    14) you should see either air/fluid or both come up the line
    15) close bleeder
    16) lift back the pedal
    17) you should see the clutch fluid level go down a bit
    18) go back to step 12

    repeat until all the bubbles are gone. DO NOT PUMP THE CLUTCH when the new fluid is in. it will create a million tiny bubbles & you'll start hating life.

    this can take up to an hour or so.

    good luck!
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  7. #14046
    Registered User P8baller07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    179
    Hey when do i become a damn F4 member? I've already met some of you in person...

  8. #14047
    Registered User Fahren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by P8baller07 View Post
    Hey when do i become a damn F4 member? I've already met some of you in person...
    haha.

    well we are kinda sorting things out at the moment. and we haven't had any real F4 meets.

    see you tomorrow.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

  9. #14048
    Registered User Fahren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Garden Grove, CA
    Posts
    0
    speaking of which. hey gus, am i aloud to go get a new sticker for the fozzie? and just change it to socal fxt flat four.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

  10. #14049
    Registered User P8baller07's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    179
    I might not be their on saturday - but i'll be there sunday for sure.

  11. #14050
    Registered User hellbilly1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    wassup bud.

    Not that you asked, but here's what you've missed: 06 20g'd Wagon -----> 06 STI Tranny!
    dude, that's gonna be sick.

    when i bought my 240 i had a sick thought of transplanting a suby motor into it just for the sh1t's and giggles of it. could you just imagine hearing the awesome suby rumble but no suby nowhere in sight....

    ok, is it just me or does it seem very odd that there is a advertisement for the mitsu lancer up top???
    Last edited by hellbilly1342; 04-27-2007 at 09:17 PM.
    So Cal F4 member #19

  12. #14051
    Registered User hellbilly1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahren View Post
    yeah i bought it back. i've been parting it out and tearing it down.

    i bought a forester xt. loves it.
    that's awesome. too bad they don't bring the STI version to the states....curse them
    So Cal F4 member #19

  13. #14052
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,260
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 View Post
    dude, that's gonna be sick.

    when i bought my 240 i had a sick thought of transplanting a suby motor into it just for the sh1t's and giggles of it. could you just imagine hearing the awesome suby rumble but no suby nowhere in sight....

    ok, is it just me or does it seem very odd that there is a advertisement for the mitsu lancer up top???
    my new 6 speed wagon & I are still in the honeymoon phase. it's like having a GF with new implants....i'm playing non stop.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  14. #14053
    Registered User scoobytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    651
    Hey guys, i havent been on in a really really long time. I am Chris remember?? well im not dead or anything but my car has been for some time now, it might be back up and running sometime soon but who knows. Well i wanted to say whats up and let you know i am still alive i wear my F4 sweater all the time even though i dont have a car at the moment. But its cool i graduate in June and then i will actually have spare time some money to burn
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

    Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

  15. #14054
    Registered User rx4mj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Freezing my arse off in NYC
    Posts
    1,709
    hey guys I think I might go to the rim rally. I am going to try to catch you at Jason's house but if I don't make it, can you call me on my cell w/ directions or something? I lost all my #s. Thanks
    808-938-1777
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

  16. #14055
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobytime View Post
    Hey guys, i havent been on in a really really long time. I am Chris remember?? well im not dead or anything but my car has been for some time now, it might be back up and running sometime soon but who knows. Well i wanted to say whats up and let you know i am still alive i wear my F4 sweater all the time even though i dont have a car at the moment. But its cool i graduate in June and then i will actually have spare time some money to burn
    sup chris. lets go ride.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •