This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 oh, by the way. what was the outcome of your car??? did you buy it back ...
Not that you asked, but here's what you've missed: 06 20g'd Wagon -----> 06 STI Tranny!
I need to change my clutch fluid.. How do i do that?
2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
2008 HTM xB
2) follow the lines to the transmission
3) you'll see a steel-iron like assembly with the line going into it (looks like a brake line)
4) if you look closely, there will be a bleed connector nipple (8mm)
5) attach a 3/16" or 1/4" inner diameter tube to the bleeder housing
6) loosen the bleeder about 3/4 turn
7) have someone press the clutch & use their hands to pull the pedal back
8) repeat until most of the fluid is out
9) close the bleeder
10) fill with new fluid
11) tape the vinyl hose line up onto the hood of the car (so air will rise but the liquid stays down)
12) depress the clutch
13) release the bleeder for about 1min
14) you should see either air/fluid or both come up the line
15) close bleeder
16) lift back the pedal
17) you should see the clutch fluid level go down a bit
18) go back to step 12
repeat until all the bubbles are gone. DO NOT PUMP THE CLUTCH when the new fluid is in. it will create a million tiny bubbles & you'll start hating life.
this can take up to an hour or so.
Hey when do i become a damn F4 member? I've already met some of you in person...
I might not be their on saturday - but i'll be there sunday for sure.
when i bought my 240 i had a sick thought of transplanting a suby motor into it just for the sh1t's and giggles of it. could you just imagine hearing the awesome suby rumble but no suby nowhere in sight....
ok, is it just me or does it seem very odd that there is a advertisement for the mitsu lancer up top???
Last edited by hellbilly1342; 04-27-2007 at 10:17 PM.
So Cal F4 member #19
Hey guys, i havent been on in a really really long time. I am Chris remember?? well im not dead or anything but my car has been for some time now, it might be back up and running sometime soon but who knows. Well i wanted to say whats up and let you know i am still alive i wear my F4 sweater all the time even though i dont have a car at the moment. But its cool i graduate in June and then i will actually have spare time some money to burn
Socal WRX Club F4#3Originally Posted by subaru3169
hey guys I think I might go to the rim rally. I am going to try to catch you at Jason's house but if I don't make it, can you call me on my cell w/ directions or something? I lost all my #s. Thanks
Hey guys, I'm back!!!