SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 693

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ansonowicz Damn dood, that stinks. Whereabouts are you in SoCal? If Renick doesn't work out for you, ...

  1. #10381
    Registered User PaulSaidHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    Damn dood, that stinks. Whereabouts are you in SoCal? If Renick doesn't work out for you, Santa Monica Subaru is also an option. They are very warranty friendly to aftermarket parts. The guy there is Reza, he tells me the service dept can't detect the stage 2 map anyway, so it won't matter. He also opens the service ticket (instead of the service tech) to ensure it is warrantable.

    good luck.
    yea reza is a kewl guy mr rezalah u cant miss him
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

    F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

    |[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #10382
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714
    so running with no cats is not a fix it ticket....

    only if u get cought and the cops are smart enough to visually know which car has which cats, i had a cop shine a flashlight up my tail pipe and then ask me if I had cats, i told him u tell me, what did u see? I was a **** to him b/c i had doen nothing for him to pull me over, but yes it's a federal offense i think....
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  4. #10383
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by UR MOTHA
    I'm confused. Not to be a ****, but why would you go into 3rd gear at 10-15 mph? Seems like 2nd would have been a better choice...
    like how gus broke his 2nd gear when he "SHIFTED" into 2nd while going up a "HILL"

    (we all know you were racing someone gus)
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  5. #10384
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    only if u get cought and the cops are smart enough to visually know which car has which cats, i had a cop shine a flashlight up my tail pipe and then ask me if I had cats, i told him u tell me, what did u see? I was a **** to him b/c i had doen nothing for him to pull me over, but yes it's a federal offense i think....
    if a cop asks me if i have cats ill be like "nah, im allergic to them, but my cousin has two cats named jingles and snowball"
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  6. #10385
    Registered User AspirinWhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Diamond Bar, CA
    Posts
    654
    I called the court and found out the breakdown of my violation pricing:

    no proof of insurance.... $600
    No catalytic converter... $400
    Whistle tip exhust... $800

    Having a dumbass cop that writes up my HKS as a whistle tip exhaust and having to go through all these crap... priceless
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

  7. #10386
    Registered User Blofe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    cool
    lol <---- ?
    So Cal F4 # 10

  8. #10387
    Registered User Blofe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    683
    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    one of the mechanics told me that my whole tranny blew up, he said its from "power shifting".they did not open it, this is just hearing it because he said you can hear the teeth clicking.. and i dont abuse this car. not even under warranty god dammit
    cool
    So Cal F4 # 10

  9. #10388
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Seal Beach
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite
    Having a dumbass cop that writes up my HKS as a whistle tip exhaust and having to go through all these crap... priceless

    I have an HKS...i didnt think it was THAT loud to draw attention...maybe because its so big? Of course i have a high flow cat on my dp. That may quiet the sound some. If i have that on there visually its ok if i ever had this problem right?
    where were you at anyway?

  10. #10389
    Registered User Hytek714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    one of the mechanics told me that my whole tranny blew up, he said its from "power shifting".they did not open it, this is just hearing it because he said you can hear the teeth clicking.. and i dont abuse this car. not even under warranty god dammit
    did you put your whole car back to stock and what do they mean "power shifting"

  11. #10390
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite
    I called the court and found out the breakdown of my violation pricing:

    no proof of insurance.... $600
    No catalytic converter... $400
    Whistle tip exhust... $800

    Having a dumbass cop that writes up my HKS as a whistle tip exhaust and having to go through all these crap... priceless

    you should take your muffler to court and show them that it's not a whistle tip, the law is not clear cut like math there are ways around it, or take pics of it or bring a video...
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  12. #10391
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by snorlax
    im jsut going to go there and try my luck

    go to renick subaru they don't care for mods, sh1t they sell ecutek their
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  13. #10392
    Registered User Hytek714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    go to renick subaru they don't care for mods, sh1t they sell ecutek their
    they told snorlax to put his car back to stock?

  14. #10393
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714
    did you put your whole car back to stock and what do they mean "power shifting"
    yeah i put everything back to stock, power shifting is when you drag race or from a stop. you dont let off the gas when you shift gears, so your rpms dont drop.

  15. #10394
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714
    they told snorlax to put his car back to stock?
    yeah they told me to put it back tos tock because, just in case. if it was modded then they'll suspect that it has been abused.

  16. #10395
    Registered User Hytek714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,504
    does anyknow what type of heat wrap is good to wrap my downpipe....i was thinking of buying some copper heat wrap....any suggestions..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •