SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 682

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ansonowicz I don't know if it's closer for you to go to huntington or up to long ...

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    I don't know if it's closer for you to go to huntington or up to long beach.

Associated Drilling
    17842 Sampson Lane, Huntington Beach, CA 92647
    (714) 848-1713

I just found this through yellowpages...
    http://www.superpages.com/yellowpage...tington+Beach/

You might have to just call down the line & see who wants to provide a one-sy drilling job.
    Hey thanks a lot Anson! I appreciate it bud! Ill have to for sure give them a call and see if its possible...i just am still waiting for that part...i think ill call the dealership and see what is up with it. If not i have my original but i cant take it out and have them drill it because then id have to put it back in and then until i install my stuff i could have some serious boost problems

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    LOL sofaking... HAHAH or PHOKING works too ^_^ are u enjoying ur monsta wagon?
    Dont have it back yet. I'm flying up to SF tomorrow night to get it My friend was playing around with a viper on an on-ramp, then got smoked when shifting between 3rd-4th (about 80mph)

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    If not i have my original but i cant take it out and have them drill it because then id have to put it back in and then until i install my stuff i could have some serious boost problems
    It's not as dangerous to have a less restrictive pill vs more restrictive pill. I found out the hard way. During turbo swap, I didn't realize I threw out my line w/ the pill. So driving around with no pill resulted in super lag, low boost.

The pill was replaced, but too small & too restrictive. Then the wagon was OVERBOOSTING.

You should be okay for a few days with a drilled out pill.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

just outta curiosity, is it better to remove the uppipe by removing the turbo or going from the bottom?

How hard is it to remove the turbo anyway?
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite
    just outta curiosity, is it better to remove the uppipe by removing the turbo or going from the bottom?

How hard is it to remove the turbo anyway?
    From what I remember, Paul was attacking you uppipe from underneath. Since he's pretty experienced, I would assume that was easier than removing the turbo

I've never done an uppipe before so I can't say which is easier. Removing the turbo is easy, putting it back could get frustrating because of the tight fits & possible oil leakage if not sealed correctly (compression washers).
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

It's not as dangerous to have a less restrictive pill vs more restrictive pill. I found out the hard way. During turbo swap, I didn't realize I threw out my line w/ the pill. So driving around with no pill resulted in super lag, low boost.

The pill was replaced, but too small & too restrictive. Then the wagon was OVERBOOSTING.

You should be okay for a few days with a drilled out pill.[/QUOTE]

got ya..well thats cool...i actually just called the dealership and it came in today so i just need to go and get that drilled a little bigger and then wait for my intercooler to come in the mail...i hope that transaction goes smoothly and that it works fine....im nervous buying a $250 top mount intercooler off ebay , i sure hope it performs well enough, but from what i have read plenty of people have got intercoolers off ebay and like them a lot. I guess the intercooler isnt something thats easy to screw up as long as the welds are decent? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    Dont have it back yet. I'm flying up to SF tomorrow night to get it My friend was playing around with a viper on an on-ramp, then got smoked when shifting between 3rd-4th (about 80mph)

You should be okay for a few days with a drilled out pill.
    WAAH haha viper's are scary lol... but woot ur getting ur car back soon !!!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    does anyone know of a machine shop in the area that can drill the hole on my brass restrictor pill? thanks guys!
    harman motive in torrance did mine and it fixed a minor issue I had as well, Dan over there knows his stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    harman motive in torrance did mine and it fixed a minor issue I had as well, Dan over there knows his stuff and u might feel better getting it done by someone who knows what it is for...it's worth a shot, but good luck man!
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

hey chrris do u think kevin from gt will give me a discount if im in F4? can u talk to him. i need my headers installed

today dint work out well
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

|[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaidHi
    hey chrris do u think kevin from gt will give me a discount if im in F4? can u talk to him. i need my headers installed

today dint work out well
    gt giving a discount??
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSaidHi

today dint work out well
    try garage tuning...there cheap

Yay I am back. Or I mean booo I am back Howz it going guys
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    Yay I am back. Or I mean booo I am back Howz it going guys
    how was hawaii?

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    harman motive in torrance did mine and it fixed a minor issue I had as well, Dan over there knows his stuff
    cool deal, thanks man...i think ill ask that HB shop first because they are more local but if they are unable to, Ill definitely take it over to Harman motive. Do you have a 16g turbo? how is the difference from stock? im really stoked to see how fast it is after its all put in!

whats going on for the weekend PEOPLE!!!!!!