SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 645

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ansonowicz by the way, when i'm all tuned & finished, I'll have an extra set of Blue ...

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    by the way, when i'm all tuned & finished, I'll have an extra set of Blue topfeed 560cc injectors available. 30k miles on them.

F4 gets 1st priority, otherwise it's going into the classifieds.
    OO cool anson!! when u gonna get it tune? Hey guys i have a question i was on a freeway ramp merging on the freeway and i was slowing down to like 20mph i tried downshifting to 2nd but it wouldnt go i tried twice so i am in N then i push my leg harder to make sure the clutch all the way down then it went in 2nd is this normal or something is up? it happens sometime which is werid cuz i think i step the clutch all the way down.. maybe im not giving it enough force? same think for reverse sometime i cant get into it thanks !!!!
    Last edited by dragonwrx1; 09-09-2006 at 10:41 PM.
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    OO cool anson!! when u gonna get it tune? Hey guys i have a question i was on a freeway ramp merging on the freeway and i was slowing down to like 20mph i tried downshifting to 2nd but it wouldnt go i tried twice so i am in N then i push my leg harder to make sure the clutch all the way down then it went in 2nd is this normal or something is up? it happens sometime which is werid cuz i think i step the clutch all the way down.. maybe im not giving it enough force? same think for reverse sometime i cant get into it thanks !!!!
    most WRX's wont go into R easily, i grind it sometimes even to this day...as for shifting into 2nd, i'd go a bit slower like 15ish to put it into 2nd, sometimes If I'm bearly rolling i'll leave it in 2nd, and ur car will never go into 1st past 10mph..
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    I've found that @ 20mph, the engine will be moving at about 2000-2300rpm in 2nd gear. So when you down shift, give a little bit of throttle to get the engine up towards 2k rpm. you'll find the gear will slip right in without too much force. Depending on what speed you're moving at, the range of RPM will be different. since we have similar wagons, you can call & ask anytime.

this is called rev-matching. It's less strenuous on the driver & tranny if the speeds match up when you're downshifting.

takes some practice, so don't worry if you can't get it right away. my .02 cents
    Last edited by ansonowicz; 09-10-2006 at 07:25 AM.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

I've found that @ 20mph, the engine will be moving at about 2000-2300rpm in 2nd gear. So when you down shift, give a little bit of throttle to get the engine up towards 2k rpm. you'll find the gear will slip right in without too much force. Depending on what speed you're moving at, the range of RPM will be different. since we have similar wagons, you can call & ask anytime.

this is called rev-matching. It's less strenuous on the driver & tranny if the speeds match up when you're downshifting.

takes some practice, so don't worry if you can't get it right away. my .02 cents

just pop the clutch and give the tranny a lil spin spinand you'll be parking ur beef wagon in tuna town in no town, helps if ya spit on it
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

HAHA thanks alot guys !! yeah i forgot about rev matching ok i'll give that a shot thanks alot!!!!
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    just pop the clutch and give the tranny a lil spin spinand you'll be parking ur beef wagon in tuna town in no town, helps if ya spit on it

spitting is for amateurs. all it takes is a bit of smooooth talkin to to get in the hot beef injection.

spitting is for amateurs. all it takes is a bit of smooooth talkin to to get in the hot beef injection.

hmm so that's why the KOBE beef injection differs, no consent required...i get it now..lol

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    hmm so that's why the KOBE beef injection differs, no consent required...i get it now..lol
    Doooooood, I'm so pissed. The wagon was leaking fuel like a mofo when I cranked it up this morning. it left a puddle of fuel & fumes in my garage & my whole garage alley. It wasn't a light trickle, it was pouring out of both passenger side injectors. a half tank of gas got me 60 mi

So my sunday was spent fixing what I payed pro's to do in the first place. I found 2 busted o-rings, tons of sediment/dirt in the block. it's all fixed & good now, more grinding was required to an aluminum spacer to put more pressure on the injectors for a better seal.

time to have a talk with the mechanic

Doooooood, I'm so pissed. The wagon was leaking fuel like a mofo when I cranked it up this morning. it left a puddle of fuel & fumes in my garage & my whole garage alley. It wasn't a light trickle, it was pouring out of both passenger side injectors. a half tank of gas got me 60 mi

So my sunday was spent fixing what I payed pro's to do in the first place. I found 2 busted o-rings, tons of sediment/dirt in the block. it's all fixed & good now, more grinding was required to an aluminum spacer to put more pressure on the injectors for a better seal.

DAMN PROS!! they were supose to get it right ayyy i guess the best mechanic is always urself!! damn what a waste of weekend that sucks anson >_<

tell them to give you half ur money back since they only completed half the job, and that you don't think that is an "unreasonable request"" or involvle the BBB...

hey, u guys know if i get a silencer for my hks hipower, will it be street legal? Aside from teh smog issue...
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

Quote Originally Posted by AspirinWhite
    hey, u guys know if i get a silencer for my hks hipower, will it be street legal? Aside from teh smog issue...
    Do some research on the Db level with the silencer on.. as long as its lower than the limit for CA you should be ok.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

californias Db level is 95..

heres some quick info

Manufacturer HKS Hi-Power

MSRP $710
    Weight 28.0 pounds
    Tip Diameter 95 mm
    Sound Decibel at Idle - Off road use only - exeeds 95 db!
    Sound Decibel at 3000 rpm 90 dB

oh and charlie could you ebay those Items for me? Ill give ya 20 bucks per item if you sell them as an Incentive.
    Last edited by Z3RO; 09-10-2006 at 08:17 PM.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

yea, what do u need?
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

good luck charlie, look on ur ticket to see if ther'e s a box that says correctable infraction, see if it's checked or not...cuz that will tell u if it's rly a fixit ticket