SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 635
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Hytek714 get them installed at motor werks... they're really not that bad, Anson i'm sure you can ...

  1. #9511
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714
    get them installed at motor werks...

    they're really not that bad, Anson i'm sure you can do it, just give ur self about 3 hrs, the part that scares people is that the injectors are so buried in there, take some pics along the way so u don't 4get how they go back in....
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #9512
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    they're really not that bad, Anson i'm sure you can do it, just give ur self about 3 hrs, the part that scares people is that the injectors are so buried in there, take some pics along the way so u don't 4get how they go back in....
    3day weekend coming up, so I'm probably going for it. thanks for the encouragement.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  4. #9513
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    make sure when you are putting back the injectors to lube up the o-rings or else they will rip (like what happened on blarg's car)
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  5. #9514
    Registered User PaulSaidHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    799
    chris u still intrested in the jacket let me know my friend is waiting for a reply
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

    F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

    |[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

  6. #9515
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    you think you can get a picture of it? what brand is it? im still interested.

    i just got back from a late night/ early morning bike ride. i feel a bit more comfortable riding now. the only thing that really bugs me are thoes stupid lights that dont realize that im there waiting. stupid sensors... but anyways, i got the bike up to 70 (since i felt more comfortable) and wow!! what a rush!! i love it. so far ive put 80 miles on it since i got it.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  7. #9516
    Registered User Hytek714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    make sure when you are putting back the one eye monster, to lube up the tip or else it will rip (like what i did to blarg's o- ring )

  8. #9517
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    make sure when you are putting back the injectors to lube up the o-rings or else they will rip (like what happened on blarg's car)

    You mean just lube it up with some fuel or fuel additive? (injector cleaner, fuel treatment, etc). That's what I was GOING to do, unless you guys have some suggestions.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  9. #9518
    Registered User PaulSaidHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    799


    there u go same color
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

    F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

    |[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

  10. #9519
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    You mean just lube it up with some fuel or fuel additive? (injector cleaner, fuel treatment, etc). That's what I was GOING to do, unless you guys have some suggestions.

    when we did mine we used a white grease like compound. chris what was that stuff called? lithium grease?
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  11. #9520
    Registered User scoobytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    you think you can get a picture of it? what brand is it? im still interested.

    i just got back from a late night/ early morning bike ride. i feel a bit more comfortable riding now. the only thing that really bugs me are thoes stupid lights that dont realize that im there waiting. stupid sensors... but anyways, i got the bike up to 70 (since i felt more comfortable) and wow!! what a rush!! i love it. so far ive put 80 miles on it since i got it.
    nice chris, have fun man you gotta let me know when you want to go riding man
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

    Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

  12. #9521
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    when we did mine we used a white grease like compound. chris what was that stuff called? lithium grease?
    are you sure that "white stuff" was grease? I have a tub of that lithium stuff, it dries up when exposed to oxygen over time....safe, not safe?
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  13. #9522
    Registered User UR MOTHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    are you sure that "white stuff" was grease? I have a tub of that lithium stuff, it dries up when exposed to oxygen over time....safe, not safe?
    White lithium grease is generally for metal-on-metal applications. I'm not sure I'd want to put it on my injector rings, but frankly I don't know what I'd use instead.

  14. #9523
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by UR MOTHA
    White lithium grease is generally for metal-on-metal applications. I'm not sure I'd want to put it on my injector rings, but frankly I don't know what I'd use instead.
    Google is my friend. 3 How-To pages have all agreed on clean motor oil.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  15. #9524
    Registered User life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, CA
    Posts
    65
    what uppp

  16. #9525
    Registered User PaulSaidHi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cerritos
    Posts
    799
    just use BUKAKE grease! it works
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

    F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

    |[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •