SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 625
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; damn. im having trouble figuring out what compression ratio i want to run. if i use the stock sti head ...

damn. im having trouble figuring out what compression ratio i want to run. if i use the stock sti head gaskets. i will be at 8.9:1 and if i use the cometic .051" (1.3mm) ill be at 8.5:1. but i also heard that running a thicker head gasket isnt too great. they sell a .045" (1.1mm) head gasket that should leave me around 8.7:1 compression ratio.
    im about to start on my porting of the heads (just a light port and i dont think im going to take off too much material alter the flow)
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like I'll be following Gus's footstep. I picked this baby up for 80 bucks!!! Of course, the downside was the crack in the exhaust housing...

Either I need to replace the housing or fix it? I dunno what the next step is but I got VF30 now!!!
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

And the pics...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03039.JPG   DSC03045.JPG   DSC03044.JPG  
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

nice. im in the middle of cleaning up the heads right now. i noticed that on the heads for cylinder #4 (the bad cylinder) had lots of carbon build up and cylinder #1 had a lot of oil on it. as for the porting. i decided not to port anything, but i am polishing up the exhaust port. making it a little more smooth. im deciding if i should get some new valves for the heads. might set me back another 4 hundred. well see tho if my valves are still in good condition
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

lol, you're still awake...
    2003 WRB WRX Stg. 4
    2008 HTM xB

yep. i just got done polishing up the exhaust ports. big day later on today, i gotta drop off my new block at GTmotorsports then head down to Garage Tuning to drop off my heads and cams. i wonder if sam would consider matching their price? hmmmm
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Damn i wondering how long my clutch gonna last lol i am worried about that i stalled the car twice driving it yesterday and i bogged the car a few time i cant drive it smooth yet 1-2nd is werid sometime i can get it smooth sometimes i cant... >_< but damn u guys got bigger turbo and stuff now holy smokes
    Last edited by dragonwrx1; 08-24-2006 at 09:12 AM.
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    yep. i just got done polishing up the exhaust ports. big day later on today, i gotta drop off my new block at GTmotorsports then head down to Garage Tuning to drop off my heads and cams. i wonder if sam would consider matching their price? hmmmm
    what time you going to garage tuning..i work are there

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    Damn i wondering how long my clutch gonna last lol i am worried about that i stalled the car twice driving it yesterday and i bogged the car a few time i cant drive it smooth yet 1-2nd is werid sometime i can get it smooth sometimes i cant... >_< but damn u guys got bigger turbo and stuff now holy smokes
    steady movements...i guess you're not the greatest at the game of Operation. You might be concentrating too hard.

Imagine how / what the the clutch is doing.....

1) you've got the motor spinning at a certain speed
    2) your transmission is spinning at a different speed
    3) getting the clutch to meet up at the same spinning speeds will keep it smooth.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    put it this way when you left go of the clutch and you feel the car moving just gas the motha F0cker

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    steady movements...i guess you're not the greatest at the game of Operation. You might be concentrating too hard.

Imagine how / what the the clutch is doing.....

1) you've got the motor spinning at a certain speed
    2) your transmission is spinning at a different speed
    3) getting the clutch to meet up at the same spinning speeds will keep it smooth.
    I know lol sorry just i was confuse and some problems with my dad lecturing about family emergnecy car and stuff automatic cars are better ay dunno...
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

hey kyle, imma bout to head to callaway.

i just dropped off my new short block and heads to sam at GT. ive decided just to have sam work on the heads since my block is there and he can address any problems if any should occur. ill be paying a little more but it should be worth it. sam told me that he will check out the heads and see what work is needed on it and it should take about a week. so it looks like ill have my car done by mid september or so.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    so whats the plan for saterday, what time are we meeting? i get off at 5
    im down, just hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    F4 movie night
    when: saturday
    time: 6pm
    where: the block AMC theaters
    movie: SNAKES ON A MOTHER ****IN PLANE
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

some pics of my polish job

SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.