SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 598

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; word has it that theres another renick meet this Thursday night..... would any of you want to go? i knwo ...

word has it that theres another renick meet this Thursday night.....

would any of you want to go? i knwo ill probably go cuz ill be bored otherwise

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1064384 (the NASIOC LINK)
    Last edited by twizhimself; 08-08-2006 at 12:08 PM.
    F420

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey guys, its been a while, good to be back on, I went to London for an internship, man i missed driving! Taking the tube everywhere is nothing like taking the WRX everywhere.
    Hey i had a quick question, of the V34 and the 16g i decided to go with the 16g, does anyone know a cheap source for one?
    also im still a few months out but since i moved from Utah i have not had to deal with CA emissions yet. I have a catless UP and high flow cat DP (knowing id be back in CA) and the HKS exhaust. How do you pass emissions out here with those kinds of mods? I do have the accesport. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    I have a catless UP and high flow cat DP (knowing id be back in CA) and the HKS exhaust. How do you pass emissions out here with those kinds of mods?
    you don't
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by twizhimself
    i knwo ill probably go cuz ill be bored otherwise
    look who decided to come out of the valley.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

...i decided to go with the 16g, does anyone know a cheap source for one?...
    PM "rx4mj". He MAY consider selling his 16g. Good condition...maybe even new?

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    look who decided to come out of the valley.
    meh..when youre in a rut..youre in a rut...im trying to get myself outta that rut.....and seeing as i only have 3 months left for my socal run..id like to try and make the most of it...so all of F4 should DOMINATE this meet
    F420

meh..when youre in a rut..youre in a rut...im trying to get myself outta that rut.....and seeing as i only have 3 months left for my socal run..id like to try and make the most of it...so all of F4 should DOMINATE this meet
    why? where you goin?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

yes.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    you don't
    so do you just have to replace your downpipe and cat back every year? or do you know any connections?

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    why? where you goin?
    back to Pennsylvania my freind...
    F420

so do you just have to replace your downpipe and cat back every year? or do you know any connections?
    SMOG usually happens when you exchange title or every 4-5 years depending on how "new" the car is.

back to Pennsylvania my freind...
    I was in Boston, NH, Connecticut, and NYC for about 3 days last week for work. I can say I'm not a big fan of the freeway systems out there. I'm sure the roads weren't over-engineered & planned like they are in more modern cities, but damn. I only needed to go 230mi and I had to take 8 freeways to get there.

Since when did an "interstate" freeway only last 30mi and not cross any county or state boundries?

SMOG usually happens when you exchange title or every 4-5 years depending on how "new" the car is.
    arent the emissions done every year here in CA? i was sort of under the impression that if you had the accessport then they would just plug in their computer and take a reading and the right map on the accessport would report no problems since most garages do not have a awd machine to test the actual running? or is that way off?

arent the emissions done every year here in CA? i was sort of under the impression that if you had the accessport then they would just plug in their computer and take a reading and the right map on the accessport would report no problems since most garages do not have a awd machine to test the actual running? or is that way off?
    it USED to be every year. But as the cars and their emissions got better over the years, the state of california extended SMOG tests to 4-5 years. I think my 06 is considered an ultra low-emissions vehicle, so I don't need to smog until 2010 (unless stopped by CHP or if I sell the wagon).

it USED to be every year. But as the cars and their emissions got better over the years, the state of california extended SMOG tests to 4-5 years. I think my 06 is considered an ultra low-emissions vehicle, so I don't need to smog until 2010 (unless stopped by CHP or if I sell the wagon).
    wow thanks for the info! that is awesome news! I have an 02...i guess the only problem i would have is i have utah plates on it and to get my CA plates this year i will have to go through the smog process...
    if i have the up pipe, high flow cat down pipe, and the HKS exhaust what do you think would be necessary to replace in order to pass smog? or does the accessport make it possible to pass with all of those mods?