SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 587
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So if I do drop in the Deadbolt super 16g in the STI it would stand to gain ~100 cfm. ...

So if I do drop in the Deadbolt super 16g in the STI it would stand to gain ~100 cfm. That sounds like a substantial increase right? I am not looking to make crazy power just a little more than what I have.

If people like Ed and many others are pushing 330whp on a protuned VF39 I could theoreticly make my goal of 350whp right. I already have the turbo and do stand to loose a lot if I sell it as is, or spend the extra cash to fix it to brand new condition to sell for what I paid for it; But I can use it myself w/o fixing it and get my moneys' worth.

Anything else I want to do to the car is going to be all suspension. Aside from a protune that I will get either way (maybe lightned pully). So to add on to the final will be ( for power):

-P&P'd exhaust manifold (have)
    -My Spearco TMIC w/ P&P'd elbows (have)
    -that pully maybe (is it really worth it?) (Don't have)
    -intake (have)
    -TBE (have)
    -Cobb AP ( protuned) (have but not protuned)

So does it sound logical or not? Keep in mind that the 16g is clipped also.
    Last edited by rx4mj; 08-01-2006 at 01:18 AM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    So does it sound logical or not? Keep in mind that the 16g is clipped also.
    it actually sounds like a great idea. If you plan on selling your old TMIC and stock turbo, you'll make back some cash & everybody wins.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

I got this thing about not selling any of my stock parts. But I might be making some money on ebay to pay for the protune. Then again maybe I am just deluding myself.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

your 16g flows about 550cfm right? you should use it then if you arnt looking for massive power. the 16g should give you a very nice powerband with little turbo lag
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

I could have sworne that it was around 580cfm and the 18g was 585cfm. Either way I know it is 5cfm less than the Monster ported 18g-td05. I think I just want to hear it is a good idea. Do you think it would still require 660 injectors and fuel pump?
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

the 550cfm i got was based on 14.7psi i think you might be able to use the stock injectors but it wouldnt hurt to upgrade the fuel pump
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

you should get these injectors http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/turbo/perrin_injectors.htm
    you send your injectors in. they moddify them (no like the modded stock wrx injectors which suck) the only downside is that you wont have them back for about a week
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

is there a better top mount intercooler than a stock one that makes a diff with the stock vf39...

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714
    is there a better top mount intercooler than a stock one that makes a diff with the stock vf39...

no the stock one u have is excellent for most VF ihi turbos, dan at harman told me that...but unless we lived in arizona or texas where heatsoak is an issue then u may go FMIC...
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    no the stock one u have is excellent for most VF ihi turbos, dan at harman told me that...but unless we lived in arizona or texas where heatsoak is an issue then u may go FMIC...
    Hi Jason,

I might be getting the 20g from Chris' friend. Since he lives in your neck of the woods, would we be able to arrange a swap out at your place?

It'll be my car & his car swapping turbos, that way no one's car is rendered completely useless.

Do you think it would still require 660 injectors and fuel pump?
    The tuner @ gruppe-s tells me with confidence the helix 660s are enough for a 20g. but the fuel pump is mandatory.

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    Hi Jason,

I might be getting the 20g from Chris' friend. Since he lives in your neck of the woods, would we be able to arrange a swap out at your place?

It'll be my car & his car swapping turbos, that way no one's car is rendered completely useless.

my apt can be a meeting place...but we can't work on cars here...FTL!
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

I found this info cruising around on NASIOC. I thought everyone should read it and be educated. here
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

I found this info cruising around on NASIOC. I thought everyone should read it and be educated. here
    so do you have to participate if they pull you aside or you have no choice

hey mike were you on the 5 this morning going towards the 55

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.