SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 550

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx so does anyone no if we are have a meet because first it was last month, ...

  1. #8236
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    so does anyone no if we are have a meet because first it was last month, and the about 3 weeks ago we moved it to the 9th, now everyone says they dident no, i think that we need to get a little more dedicated to make this work, i might be the newest member but i have shown up to every get together since i started hanging out in the begining of march, we havent had a meet since the pch run which was back in may now its july, so are we actually gonna have a meet or no because everytime we get close to the so called meet everyone keeps bcking out i guess it will just be me and ron again.
    F4, IMO, has lost much of its enthusiasm due to school and work and other buisness.
    its kinda like sex, its great the first time but it becomes ehhh as time goes by.
    hopefully we can revive F4 with some big BBQ event at a park or something (like what we have been planning to do since the begining of the year)

    F4 needs to do some yard work and pull out thoes weeds that just clutter up the team. like people who dont contribute to F4 in any way and this includes not posting on the F4 threads. Or thoes people who dont even give any effort to contact us with their situation. I understand that all of us have lives outside F4 but it isnt that hard to leave a post or call letting us know what the deal is. Chris #1, Noel, and John (east coast) dont post that much but at least they take the time to let us know what is happening.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #8237
    Registered User Hytek714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    WE CAN HAVE AN F5 MEET AGAIN LIKE TOKYO DRIFT NIGHT, OR WE COULD GO TO THE BEACH
    im down for whatever

  4. #8238
    Registered User Hytek714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    1,504
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    F4, IMO, has lost much of its enthusiasm due to school and work and other buisness.
    its kinda like sex, its great the first time but it becomes ehhh as time goes by.
    hopefully we can revive F4 with some big BBQ event at a park or something (like what we have been planning to do since the begining of the year)

    F4 needs to do some yard work and pull out thoes weeds that just clutter up the team. like people who dont contribute to F4 in any way and this includes not posting on the F4 threads. Or thoes people who dont even give any effort to contact us with their situation. I understand that all of us have lives outside F4 but it isnt that hard to leave a post or call letting us know what the deal is. Chris #1, Noel, and John (east coast) dont post that much but at least they take the time to let us know what is happening.
    that brought a tear to my eye..

  5. #8239
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,262
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    WORD
    Just a thought though, wasn't that the point of creating SocalF4.com? I know the website isn't in full force, but the forums were supposed to be clean of "chatter" and had appropriate places for discussion.

    I go there several times a day, but don't see any posts, so I (even as the admin) have nothing to contribute. We had some steam then it fizzled.

    I have no problem hosting it, but if it's not going to get used, it seems like a waste. Remember the day I set it up? I was changing layouts on the fly & you guys were speculating I was getting hax0r'd! Back to the subject, it didn't get enough traffic. What's the vision for SoCalF4? Other than comradery, will it generate $$$ outside of membership fees? Hold events? will it be a "premier" club that other soob owners wish to be in but can't? sponsorships?

    anyone can start a club, a business, or event, but having a vision & the motivation to maintain it is another.

    I'll admit i'm not as active as some of the other members, but i DO try my best & do my part (50hr week job, wife, kid, 24/7 tech support for work). I spread myself thin, but that's because I put myself in that position.

    This will only go as well as our weakest denominator.

    Sunday, yes or no? I can be there for sure.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  6. #8240
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    so does anyone no if we are have a meet because first it was last month, and the about 3 weeks ago we moved it to the 9th, now everyone says they dident no, i think that we need to get a little more dedicated to make this work, i might be the newest member but i have shown up to every get together since i started hanging out in the begining of march, we havent had a meet since the pch run which was back in may now its july, so are we actually gonna have a meet or no because everytime we get close to the so called meet everyone keeps bcking out i guess it will just be me and ron again.

    i know what u mean kyle, it was sad that the last pch cruise only me, jason 2 and jon and eric showed, I'm still going to try my best to be active in F4 since i moved away, but it does seem pointless at times when people always backout or say well i got family ish or work....if U really want to come out to meets, there's usually a 2 week notice and i know some members really do have issues, like noel had no car...but I do miss my 1st days of F4 when we all chilled and sat around and did nothing. those days seem like they're gone now...


    :end emo rant:
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  7. #8241
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,262
    in all fairness to all the members, being without a car and the funds to get it fixed can really bum things out. Morale boost is hard to drum up when you're in a pinch. In addition, speaking for myself and a few others, being the sole provider for an entire family is something that can't be described. Sure, I have friends & family I haven't seen in months despite their close proximity.

    I'm not saying none of you DON'T understand, but I'm simply saying weighing out the priorities can be quite a challenge. Anyone here want to drive towards San Diego? Jason keeps coming up this direction, but we're NOT going any further south. All those mountains in vista, fallbrook, and palomar mountain sound like fun.

    So, not that all that is off my chest, Jason, do you think it'd be harmful to install fuel pump & injectors BEFORE the turbo came? Of course, nothing will be tuned (maybe econo map), but would it really mess up the ECU or cause rich/lean conditions? I'll definitely be hitting up some of you for a lending hand and guidance soon.
    Last edited by ansonowicz; 07-07-2006 at 09:49 PM.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  8. #8242
    Registered User scoobytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    651
    hey guys, so i just got back from vegas, and where the heck is mike at????? ive been trying to get a hold of him all day with no luck, if any of you talk to him please tell him to call me. i have his house number if there is any other number to reach him let me know
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

    Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

  9. #8243
    Registered User scoobytime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    West LA
    Posts
    651
    okay so when is this meet on sunday? you guys do realize that the world cup final is on sunday and there is no way i am missing that, it happens only once every four years. yea yea yea i know im mexican and i like soccer
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

    Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

  10. #8244
    Registered User dragonwrx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    california, LA
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobytime
    okay so when is this meet on sunday? you guys do realize that the world cup final is on sunday and there is no way i am missing that, it happens only once every four years. yea yea yea i know im mexican and i like soccer
    ROFL chris hehehe the meet is supose to be at 3pm but i dunno some people is backing out i really wanted to go too i havent seen some peeps for a while now MUHAHA lol
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

  11. #8245
    Registered User projectwrx31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    mission viejo
    Posts
    1,456

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    F4, IMO, has lost much of its enthusiasm due to school and work and other buisness.
    its kinda like sex, its great the first time but it becomes ehhh as time goes by.
    hopefully we can revive F4 with some big BBQ event at a park or something (like what we have been planning to do since the begining of the year)

    F4 needs to do some yard work and pull out thoes weeds that just clutter up the team. like people who dont contribute to F4 in any way and this includes not posting on the F4 threads. Or thoes people who dont even give any effort to contact us with their situation. I understand that all of us have lives outside F4 but it isnt that hard to leave a post or call letting us know what the deal is. Chris #1, Noel, and John (east coast) dont post that much but at least they take the time to let us know what is happening.
    well guys i think we gotta go bak to when we started when it was small so i guess there gotta be some cuts
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04

  12. #8246
    Registered User Z3RO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    4,304
    I fully agree with chris. We need to make some changes..**** I go to the meets and my car has been down for 6 months

    Ive fought myself with a bit pf depression of not having my car.. however we do need people that are "down " with the team.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"


    SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

    (CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

  13. #8247
    Registered User projectwrx31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    mission viejo
    Posts
    1,456

    Arrow

    IMO on whos down
    gus
    peter
    both chris's
    charlie
    mike
    paul
    ed
    jason
    anson
    ron
    kyle
    eric
    i know theres more
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04

  14. #8248
    Registered User Z3RO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    4,304
    hey chris





    EDIT : I have a 6.5 hp engine now






    .
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"


    SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

    (CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

  15. #8249
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    sweet. when did you get the go kart chassis?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  16. #8250
    Registered User Z3RO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SOCAL
    Posts
    4,304
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    sweet. when did you get the go kart chassis?
    one of my lil bros friends... Im having my neigbor weld it...(longer and wider) to accommodate some big F4 guys

    *cough cough ed*

    still undecided if its getting WRB paint ..or all cusco paint.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"


    SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

    (CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •