SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 538

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 speed limit is 40. using his radar eye he guessed i was doing 70 plus which ...

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    speed limit is 40. using his radar eye he guessed i was doing 70 plus which is bullsh*t

That can easily be contested if he wasn't pacing you or have the gun than it is just an estimate. they can't give you a defined penalty based on that estimate. If you admit you were speeding but contest the speed it should helpp out w/ the penalties they tried to plea bargin.

Also a plea bargin is generally when they offer less harsh penalties for a admitance guilt. It sounds like he offered you the stiffest penalties, and no "bargin". I have faith you end up getting something better. Good luck man.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    That can easily be contested if he wasn't pacing you or have the gun than it is just an estimate. they can't give you a defined penalty based on that estimate. If you admit you were speeding but contest the speed it should helpp out w/ the penalties they tried to plea bargin.

Also a plea bargin is generally when they offer less harsh penalties for a admitance guilt. It sounds like he offered you the stiffest penalties, and no "bargin". I have faith you end up getting something better. Good luck man.

I think the part where he jumped the train tracks and got air pretty much trumps that.

man, that just sucks dude.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I think the part where he jumped the train tracks and got air pretty much trumps that.

though that is not mentioned on the ticket, only the speed and wreckless driving.
    and with fighting this ticket the officer does not need to be present. so it's not like fighting just a traffic ticket where if the officer does not show up i automatically win.
    So Cal F4 member #19

Yeah but I don't think that was noted. Just the wreckless which is 20 or more mph over speed limit. Although they might ask in court. As much as it sucks and we hate to hear it though thats what happens when you take risks to do that. But I think the penalties in this case far excede the crime.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

though that is not mentioned on the ticket, only the speed and wreckless driving.
    and with fighting this ticket the officer does not need to be present. so it's not like fighting just a traffic ticket where if the officer does not show up i automatically win.
    Oh, good. That makes this better. A lawyer should be able to get you down to just paying the fine.

I don't mean to be negative, but I wouldn't count on the cop not showing up. As someone who has been through the police application process in SoCal (and I was offered a job), I picked up a few things. Cops in SoCal (maybe elsewhere too) are paid OVERTIME for court dates, and are expected to show up to court as part of their job. In fact, some police departments will reprimand you for missing a court day and not reshceduling your cases. The days of cops not showing up to court dates because they wanted a day off and didn't feel like showing up. Their court dates are now tracked by computers, and they DO show up unless they've been injured, suspended, or no longer work there. Get a lawyer.
    go f*** yourself

Hey morris you are still saving the intercooler temp gauge and sensors aren't you?Please don't forget, thanks
    I've been looking around the house for my old parts, and I can't find my OEM Y-pipe, so I might need yours when you take my IC...of course my IC comes with the appropriate Y-pipe for THAT IC.

If that's the case, it would probably be easiest for us to meet and swap IC's. Otherwise one of us won't be able to drive to meet up.

oh, and how much were you thinking of paying me for this?

the TMIC was $250, and the gauge was $200 when it was all new.

I'm guessing you won't want the wagon A-pillar gauge pod.

by the way, the gauge can be switched from green to red, so it will match both WRX and STi gauges (not 100%, but still pretty good). It also has electronic switches that can be set to trip IC sprayer at a certain temperature, programable warning lights...its a VERY cool gauge.
    Last edited by blarg; 06-30-2006 at 12:17 PM.
    go f*** yourself

Larry H. Parker

cas he'll fight for you
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    Larry H. Parker

cas he'll fight for you
    I'd rather have Chuck Norris fight for me.
    go f*** yourself

So, today I was thinking..my engine bay would look really nice with a polished IC.. anyone know where I can find a DIY thead on this?

I checked scooby mods but no luck.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    Larry H. Parker

cas he'll fight for you
    Larry H. Parker got me 2.1 million

Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    AINT NO POOLS IN THE PROJECTS
    in the projects we have pools but with no water.....

Morris,
    dilema........ I have the 06 IC y pipe which is different and I was hoping to keep. I bought 02 IC elbows and perrin silcone Ypipe to make the Spearco IC fit in my car. Now I have the stock plastic Ypipe and know someone that has one of the elbows extra.

So I gues I would need to know what parts you have tapped for the sensors to make this work. I am sure I can get the parts so long as it doesn't involve giving away my stock 06 parts. What do you say?

Edit I don't need the Intercooler just the sensors and gauge. My spearco is already tapped in one spot for the outlet just need to tap the inlet.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Morris,
    dilema........ I have the 06 IC y pipe which is different and I was hoping to keep. I bought 02 IC elbows and perrin silcone Ypipe to make the Spearco IC fit in my car. Now I have the stock plastic Ypipe and know someone that has one of the elbows extra.

So I gues I would need to know what parts you have tapped for the sensors to make this work. I am sure I can get the parts so long as it doesn't involve giving away my stock 06 parts. What do you say?

Edit I don't need the Intercooler just the sensors and gauge. My spearco is already tapped in one spot for the outlet just need to tap the inlet.
    ah!! I might have to try to sell the whole thing as a set first...because if I just get rid of the gauge/sensors, I'd have an IC and inlet pipe with holes in it, which would be useless.

I have a cast aluminum STI y-pipe, and the inlet is tapped right on the part of the "Y" before it splits into 2. All I need is that plastic Y pipe that looks like a black accordion from the stock 02-05 intercooler. I have the end-tanks.
    go f*** yourself

Oh, good. That makes this better. A lawyer should be able to get you down to just paying the fine.

I don't mean to be negative, but I wouldn't count on the cop not showing up. As someone who has been through the police application process in SoCal (and I was offered a job), I picked up a few things. Cops in SoCal (maybe elsewhere too) are paid OVERTIME for court dates, and are expected to show up to court as part of their job. In fact, some police departments will reprimand you for missing a court day and not reshceduling your cases. The days of cops not showing up to court dates because they wanted a day off and didn't feel like showing up. Their court dates are now tracked by computers, and they DO show up unless they've been injured, suspended, or no longer work there. Get a lawyer.
    the cop doesn't need to be present for this case. it's me against the D.A.
    and i am getting a lawyer somehow.
    So Cal F4 member #19

the cop doesn't need to be present for this case. it's me against the D.A.
    and i am getting a lawyer somehow.
    bleah. I really do wish you all the best on this. damn, that just really sucks.
    go f*** yourself