SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 524
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i had a question for you suby gurus, i had made up my mind to get a 16g turbo with ...

i had a question for you suby gurus, i had made up my mind to get a 16g turbo with the bigger top mount ic, but then i was reading on cobbs site that to use their map you need to remove the pill inside the hose and redrill the whole to broaden it some more...it sounds like a lot of extra work...but i will do it if it is worth it. However does anyone know how much more, approx, hp gain you get with that set up over a vf34 with the stock intercooler and the cobb map>?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    that is so easy, i have a drill press, i thought i would be hard, me & chris drilled it out in like 2 seconds
    ya. that was way too easy. i want a drill press now!!
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

chris, peter said it cost about 4g's for a tribeca motor is that true....cause for a sti motor its about 6g's

Arrow

i was playing i don't know how much it would cost
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04

Quote Originally Posted by projectwrx31
    i was playing i don't know how much it would cost
    your BOOTLEG!!!!

to remove the pill & drill it takes 3 mins tops to do
    sweet guys thanks a lot, ill go ahead and go with that setup then if its not that big of a deal. Is there pretty significant difference between that 16g set up and the vf34 one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    i had a question for you suby gurus, i had made up my mind to get a 16g turbo with the bigger top mount ic, but then i was reading on cobbs site that to use their map you need to remove the pill inside the hose and redrill the whole to broaden it some more...it sounds like a lot of extra work...but i will do it if it is worth it. However does anyone know how much more, approx, hp gain you get with that set up over a vf34 with the stock intercooler and the cobb map>?

Let me know if you want to buy a super16g from deadbolt I have one.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    Let me know if you want to buy a super16g from deadbolt I have one.
    does cobb make a map for the super16? Is that the same as the big16g? how many miles does it have on it? how much do you want for it?

how much do you want for it mike...

Is there anyone that can spare a lil time to help me move some furniture today? I am having the tiles cleaned tommorrow morning for my sisters' grad party and I have a house full of cripples.

Regarding the turbo: It is brand new but has a lil' dammage due to shipping. I am sending it in to Jerry @ deadbolt to see what he can do. It is mostly cosmetic so I am gonna see how much it is to make it like new, and how much it is to buff it out too work w/ cosmetic damage. It is the same as big16g super16g, etc. with the coatings and p&p. Ron you don't want it, it is best suited for a WRX.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Is there anyone that can spare a lil time to help me move some furniture today? I am having the tiles cleaned tommorrow morning for my sisters' grad party and I have a house full of cripples.

Regarding the turbo: It is brand new but has a lil' dammage due to shipping. I am sending it in to Jerry @ deadbolt to see what he can do. It is mostly cosmetic so I am gonna see how much it is to make it like new, and how much it is to buff it out too work w/ cosmetic damage. It is the same as big16g super16g, etc. with the coatings and p&p. Ron you don't want it, it is best suited for a WRX.
    its not for me...i might know someone that might want to buy it....he has a wrx

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    sweet guys thanks a lot, ill go ahead and go with that setup then if its not that big of a deal. Is there pretty significant difference between that 16g set up and the vf34 one ?
    vf34 = 460 cfm
    16g = 505 cfm
    deadbolt 16g = 525 cfm
    super16g = 585 cfm

the "regular" 16g as the same spool time as the vf34. The super 16g is a "big 16g". A bit slower spool, but more top end as well.

a normal 16g will do on pump gas what a VF34 will do on race gas. A big 16g is the middleground between the 16g and the 18g as far as power and turbo lag goes.

they're all VERY good turbos.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    So I Just Talked To Harman & Cobb, I Either Need To Port My Wastegate Or Get A High Flow Catted Down Pipe, To Make This Code Stop Then I Can Get It Tuned

port the WG, i think there's a place in irvine that'll do it

i think they're called aerosim or something
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    vf34 = 460 cfm
    16g = 505 cfm
    deadbolt 16g = 525 cfm
    super16g = 585 cfm

the "regular" 16g as the same spool time as the vf34. The super 16g is a "big 16g". A bit slower spool, but more top end as well.

a normal 16g will do on pump gas what a VF34 will do on race gas. A big 16g is the middleground between the 16g and the 18g as far as power and turbo lag goes.

they're all VERY good turbos.
    thanks a lot for that info man! i really appreciate all of your help in this decision! if youre going to spend over a grand total you might as well get the best set-up for the money!

i would be interested in it if it will work properly, obviously. How much are you looking to ask for it?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.