SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 513
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Wheat Thanks for the responses and help guys. I do have a 2.0L 2002 WRX, I was ...

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    Thanks for the responses and help guys. I do have a 2.0L 2002 WRX, I was looking at upgrading the turbo, someone mentioned the vf39 over the vf34 what are your opinions on that? Also I need to upgrade to the STI injectors as well right? Is it necessary to get a walbro fuel pump or is the stock one sufficient? I have cobbs accessport so I can get the maps from them. Thanks a lot for your help. Hopefully Ill get to join up with the F4 crew soon.

get the jdm sti injectors, the turbo is ur choice but the 39's are responding very well to tuning on the 2.0l, i have one in mine, yes u must upgrade the fuel pump...and u can use the OTS cobb map vf34 for the 39, bc/ it has the proper injector scaling, but stay off boost and *****foot it until it is tuned
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    wait you saw randy?

i'm planning on driving by his apt in O side tonight
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

hey whats up guys, long time since i have talked to you all, but i am finished with school for the summer, thank god. right now i am im mexico with family and i come back in a week. so i just wanted to rep F4 south of the boarder
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

Quote Originally Posted by scoobytime
    hey whats up guys, long time since i have talked to you all, but i am finished with school for the summer, thank god. right now i am im mexico with family and i come back in a week. so i just wanted to rep F4 south of the boarder
    beaner
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    beaner
    beaner
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    beaner
    damn right!! and you cant call me that..Its kinda how "only" black people can call them selves the "N" word..because if we do
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

suuuuuurrre....
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    beaner

i'm only half beaner but i still got cursed with NECKHAIR!

jason i was at the bulldog.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    i'm planning on driving by his apt in O side tonight
    bring protection...

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    get the jdm sti injectors, the turbo is ur choice but the 39's are responding very well to tuning on the 2.0l, i have one in mine, yes u must upgrade the fuel pump...and u can use the OTS cobb map vf34 for the 39, bc/ it has the proper injector scaling, but stay off boost and *****foot it until it is tuned
    thanks a lot for the advice, ill have to look into the 39, especially if i can just use the same map as the 34. So the 39 is pretty comparable to the 16? Do i need an STI intercooler for the 39? Im assuming no since the map for the 34 says its for the stock intercooler, so that would be nice to buy one less thing.
    Also how do you tune the turbo? Lay easy on it for a while?

whats the word for sunday? im thinking the HB meet n drie..looked like big fun last time a
    F420

sorry for asking SO many turbo questions but i have been reading a little on the vf30 now as well...whats the story behind that one compared to the 34 and 39? Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat
    sorry for asking SO many turbo questions but i have been reading a little on the vf30 now as well...whats the story behind that one compared to the 34 and 39? Thanks for your help!
    they're VERY VERY simliar. Some people have run VF39's on Cobb's VF34 maps without problems. The 39 is slightly smaller, so you'd be running a bit leaner, which won't hurt you too much. VF39 slightly faster spool, and slightly less top end ovef the 34.

39's also have a MAJOR history or cracks developing in the exhaust housing. search for "VF39 crack"on NASIOC.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    YEAH LIKE NUN CHUKS
    lol....whats everyone doing this weekend.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.