SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 465
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Z3RO that still makes my labor like 1k more.. well yeah, you're already out the ~00 you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    that still makes my labor like 1k more..
    well yeah, you're already out the ~$1000 you would have saved...so it may not be worth it.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well yeah, you're already out the ~$1000 you would have saved...so it may not be worth it.
    yeah, at this point Im gonna talk to chris.. he said that they were gonna hook it up..but it seems that I got no deal whatsoever.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

ya you should gus, that's pretty messed up.. cuz normal pricing for swapping gears with brand new cryo-treated synchros are 2500 installed

btw are you going to the huntington beach meet? if you are i'll bring the weights for ya
    always bored.. someone help me get out of this madness!!

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    ya you should gus, that's pretty messed up.. cuz normal pricing for swapping gears with brand new cryo-treated synchros are 2500 installed

btw are you going to the huntington beach meet? if you are i'll bring the weights for ya

probaly not man, im pretty bummed out with the whole situation. I feel like im getting ripped off now.

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

you are.. call sam again, and ask him if he could do 2000 like chris told YOU and that was the price agreed.. if he says no, then ask him if he can do 2500 installed cuz that's really the price that EVERYBODY else gets.. even the places that import that crap in and install it for ppl like grouppe-s charge 2500

and try calling the bbb, tell 'em price was already agreed but he changed the price after some work was donw and without you knowing

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    and try calling the bbb, tell 'em price was already agreed but he changed the price after some work was donw and without you knowing
    no no 2k was the price RANGE. not a set amount.. But I was under the inpresion that that whole thing as gonna be around the mid 2k price.

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

oh my.. then i have no idea what to tell you.. i always ask for a clear set price before purchasing any product or services.. then, of course, i try to cut it down.. well now you know, lesson learned eh bud?

they refused to gimme a price till they dropped the tranny and took a look at the "damage"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    they refused to gimme a price till they dropped the tranny and took a look at the "damage"

hey gus i heard of a place called section 8 motors in lake forest, maybe they're worrth looking into...it's worth a shot or suby specialties....
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Section 8 Motorwerks
    20371 Lake Forest Drive, Suite A-3
    Lake Forest, Ca 92630
    Phone: 949.916.3102
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

droppin trannys are only 500 bones at most.. same labor like a clutch job.. it makes no sense they are getting close to 200% more for that labor.. of course replacing gears means taking stuff apart but it's no humpty dumpty.. put back in and ready to roll.. labor on top of the 500 should be not too much more.. that's why labor should be about a 1000 at most for doing that stuff.. but like i said 2500 is the NORMAL price

standard auto serice labor rate is abotu $75 an hour.....they'd be makign a killing off of you....and that job maybe takes 8 hours at most with a a few breaks and nut scratches..

oh dear at $75/hr better get your butt cleaned cuz that kind of rate rapes ppl.. ya know for 3600 or whatever it was, that's roughly 75% of the funds for a whole new tranny itself.. not just gears

I still dont see why the labor is almost 2k .. I need to ask chirs #1

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.