SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 464
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by subaru3169 the fit is only SINGLE CAM.. hence the caps gus, didn't you tell us that the ...

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    the fit is only SINGLE CAM.. hence the caps

gus, didn't you tell us that the ra gears with synchros installed was 2000? 3600 is not even hookup cost, not even close

yeah, thats what me and chirs tought it was gonna be...but apparently I got no hookup
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wth dude.. take your car outta there.. find another place to do the gear swap.. that is messed up.. price was agreed upon prior to bringning in your car
    always bored.. someone help me get out of this madness!!

sorry gus. ill keep an eye out for RA gearsets for ya
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

The owner of the Speed Factory said they'd rebuild my tranny for $400 labor and swap it into my car for $350...

of course that doesn't cover parts.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO
    yeah, thats what me and chirs tought it was gonna be...but apparently I got no hookup

hey gus talk to that speed factory place in puente...their labor is cheap and blarg is happy with them and he's smarts wh0re....
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    hey gus talk to that speed factory place in puente...their labor is cheap and blarg is happy with them and he's smarts wh0re....
    they charge $45/hr labor. they just did my clutch yesterday (which involves taking the transmission off the car) and put it back together with no parts left over...and so far it runs great.

just remember to bring some movies with you if you're going to wait...they have a plasma TV in the waiting room, but the only movies they own are Teh Fast and Teh Furious....and Teh Fastarrr and the Furiousarrr.
    go f*** yourself

i myself am ok with speed factory.. however, i do have some irks.. i only place my trust in the mechanics in the back cuz they're the ones actually doing the work

as for the guys in the front, i feel as if they're REALLY trying pretty hard to get some money outta you instead of lookin out for the customer's best interest
    and i don't trust ray driving my car.. i let him drive it around to the back and he was rompin on my clutch and tryin to put my car back into 1st gear at 10 mph..i've never done that the whole 5 yrs i had my car and here is this random dude treating my car like it's a beat up civic or something..

i told him if you keep trying to force it he's gonna ruin my gears and i'll have to get a new set sooner.. and guess what his response was.. "it's ok, you're rich"

i was like fcuk you, i sure hope you know i can break your legs.. next thing i know i hear shawn squeeling tires on a customer's car.. and i mean like he was trying to drift the thing in the parking lot

cn - drive your car in the garage yourself, drive it out yourself at speed factory
    always bored.. someone help me get out of this madness!!

whoa why not gus >_< that is ouch!!!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    they charge $45/hr labor. they just did my clutch yesterday (which involves taking the transmission off the car) and put it back together with no parts left over...and so far it runs great.

just remember to bring some movies with you if you're going to wait...they have a plasma TV in the waiting room, but the only movies they own are Teh Fast and Teh Furious....and Teh Fastarrr and the Furiousarrr.
    LOL blarg is that funnie !!!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    i myself am ok with speed factory.. however, i do have some irks.. i only place my trust in the mechanics in the back cuz they're the ones actually doing the work

as for the guys in the front, i feel as if they're REALLY trying pretty hard to get some money outta you instead of lookin out for the customer's best interest
    and i don't trust ray driving my car.. i let him drive it around to the back and he was rompin on my clutch and tryin to put my car back into 1st gear at 10 mph..i've never done that the whole 5 yrs i had my car and here is this random dude treating my car like it's a beat up civic or something..

i told him if you keep trying to force it he's gonna ruin my gears and i'll have to get a new set sooner.. and guess what his response was.. "it's ok, you're rich"

i was like fcuk you, i sure hope you know i can break your legs.. next thing i know i hear shawn squeeling tires on a customer's car.. and i mean like he was trying to drift the thing in the parking lot

cn - drive your car in the garage yourself, drive it out yourself at speed factory
    yeah, they have a couple of clowns in there, but i didn't even have to ask them to stay away. Ray just sells parts now so he doesn't drive customer's cars...only person who drove my car was the mechanic - once before he started to work to make sure I diagnosed the problem right and put the car on the lift (about 200 yards total) and again after the clutch went on for the test drive and initial break-in. He said it would be about 3 miles before he left, and that's exactly how many miles it was. They were bought my another guy, he's in the office now, first he sold the place but kept working them...and then after a few weeks
    there were some "problems" and he left. There are a couple of guys in there that I would have gotten nervious about if they got in my car (they just hand around all day, and seem to do nothing...don't know what they do...tires maybe?) but they never did.

hey, I'm not trying to talk you into going to a mechanic you're not comfortable with, just offering an alternative that might run you less than $3600

Ray tried to pull that "hey, car parts are expensive, you have to pay to mod" crap on me. So I called Ferdie and got all my parts from him.
    Last edited by blarg; 05-19-2006 at 08:03 AM.
    go f*** yourself

well heres the thing..they charged me 900 in labor to drop the trannt..(part of that would cover parts too) however if I decide to just say "no" and take the car back..all that cash goes to them as the "Service" charge.

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

well heres the thing..they charged me 900 in labor to drop the trannt..(part of that would cover parts too) however if I decide to just say "no" and take the car back..all that cash goes to them as the "Service" charge.
    yeah, that's true.

I'd at least give them a call and see if you'd still save money. still worth a phone call.
    go f*** yourself

ok ok heres my brake down (using gruppe-s prices)

1399 for RA SE gearset
    255 for new syncros
    so

1399 + 255 = 1564 parts
    3600 - 1654 = 1946 labor

1946 labor WTF???? thats mroe than the parts!

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

ok ok heres my brake down (using gruppe-s prices)

1399 for RA SE gearset
    255 for new syncros
    so

1399 + 255 = 1564 parts
    3600 - 1654 = 1946 labor

1946 labor WTF???? thats mroe than the parts!

well like I said, they quoted me $400 labor for the rebuild and $350 to drop my tranny, and install it (basically, a clutch job, but installing a different tranny than they took out).

call it $800? $900 just to be on the safe side. Add to that the $900 you'll spend at the other place for work already done, puts you in the same price range either way.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well like I said, they quoted me $400 labor for the rebuild and $350 to drop my tranny, and install it (basically, a clutch job, but installing a different tranny than they took out).

call it $800? $900 just to be on the safe side. Add to that the $900 you'll spend at the other place for work already done, puts you in the same price range either way.

that still makes my labor like 1k more..

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.