SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 457
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by blarg I-speed just posted all the dyno results from Rim of the World...I had the most power/torque ...

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I-speed just posted all the dyno results from Rim of the World...I had the most power/torque of any WRX they dyno'd

My torque curve was also one of the flattest.

post link
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    post link
    http://www.i-speed.us/events/late_ap...06/db_view.cgi
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

i thought you had 260 something tq?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    i thought you had 260 something tq?
    as it turns out, that was "calculated" tq at the flywheel...and their calculated readings are really off. my the printouts I got were a bit messed up too. the numbers on the site are all actual numbers at the wheels. last year they gave me wheel HP and flywheel torque...they messed up. I thought the numbers were a little wierd...that's why. I the gains were still corect, just not the numbers.
    go f*** yourself

just got back from John's a lil while ago. My car is now completely stock. I am also having serious doubts about getting the 06 STI. I might need some help, Opinions will be highly valued. It is between 06 PSM STi or 06 SGM STI

04 STi Pros
    can swap w/my Tein RA's
    cheaper to buy
    can put more mods(cause of $$$ saved)
    lower ins rates
    Can swap w/ wrx spoiler

04 Sti cons
    Don't know how the person drove it
    Will have to sell my car privately (no trade in)
    higher miles
    lower resale value
    General wear and tear
    Will have to be rebuilt sooner cause of the new mods I can afford
    Have to compete w/ ED

06 STI Pros
    1st to drive and mod (u know I baby my car)
    New everything
    can get w/ wrtd. sunroof
    longer warranty
    Head lights seems better
    The air bags w/ new sensors and more of them (safety is HUGE issue w/ me)
    Never had a new car before
    Like the color more
    won't have to rebuild as soon as a used STI(see above)

06 STI cons
    MORE MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    higher ins.
    Front end (no ofense Anson or Kyle )
    loss of resale off the lot

On second thought I might just keep this car till it dies, so maybe exclude the resale parts but still keep in mind just in case. This is the largest investments I will make so I am trying to think of every avenue. Flaws in my theories will be greatly apreciated when pointed out. Thanks
    Michael
    PS. Please don't quote this it is long.....................
    Last edited by rx4mj; 05-14-2006 at 12:27 AM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

ya know what would have been really cool? if someone gave me the address of the meet today so I could have dropped by.
    go f*** yourself

Sorry man John posted it and I was the only one that replied to him. It would have been cool if you showed up. Damn, I think it was in your area too! North Hollywood.
    Add F4 Calander to your subscriptions. If we are doing something thats where it will be posted, even though it didn't happen this time.
    Last edited by rx4mj; 05-13-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    Sorry man John posted it and I was the only one that replied to him. It would have been cool if you showed up. Damn, I think it was in your area too! North Hollywood.
    I KNOW! I told him I wanted to help.

bleah.

I was gonne show off my new horn.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I KNOW! I told him I wanted to help.

bleah.

I was gonne show off my new horn.
    That would have been nice. We got my coilovers off w/ record ease. Plus the girls that live there are hot
    So what do you think about my car dilema?
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

That would have been nice. We got my coilovers off w/ record ease. Plus the girls that live there are hot

I was going to bring a girl with me.
    go f*** yourself

So what do you think about my car dilema?
    OK mike get the 06 sti SGM because its new you got that cool rear roof spoiler and rear diffuser, since you baby ur car you will know this car will last unlike a used car because UR like gambling if something happens to it, u have to spend more money to fix it then that might be at the price of a brand new car this is the reason why i am choosing to buy a brand new wrx. the PSM 04 sti first like u say thats a down side u dont know how the person drove it. i happen to like the front end u get HID projectors . In the summer i might get a CGM wagon cuz i already went to irvine subaru today still debating between wagon/sedan LOL. i just gotta wait until my bro to get his lisence. so i hope my opinion helps mike heh
    Last edited by dragonwrx1; 05-13-2006 at 11:26 PM.
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

mike, if you know you can afford ins. and payments on an '06 i would go for it. in the long run i think it's nicer having something that you know only you have driven and modded. something of your own to care for. if i could have afforded ins on an '06 wagon i would have been driving it in a heartbeat. $0.02
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Mike,

Would you consider an 05 STi w/ 22k miles on it? It's the same white STi you see on the socalf4 board. My friend has a baby on the way and he wants to ditch t he thing for $26.5K. He's got a mustang & toyota wagon, so 3 cars isn't necessary for 1 dude.

Pros:
    Still like new, looks clean & sharp
    I know the guy personally, so I can vouch for his honesty. He's a car freak, much more mechanical ability than myself, and very meticulous when it comes to his own cars.

Cons (Okay, a really big Con)
    - White
    - Got into an accident, rear passenger quarter. The BBSs were smashed in, so everything back there has been replaced, realigned. All linkages & suspension were replaced (except coilover, it survived). Halfshaft & bearings in rear diff were replaced & corrected. Purchased in April 2005, accident occured @ 19k mi

I drove it last weekend, and the rear seats creak a bit. But right now, everything on it is stock except Tien Flex Coilovers & Apex N-1 catback. I'm not sure if he will put things back to stock, but it's another alternative.
    Last edited by ansonowicz; 05-14-2006 at 01:44 AM.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

thank you everyone for your opinions. Part of the bennifits of getting an 04 (rather than a used 05) is that it is more compatible and an easy swap w/ the mods I have now(endlinks, sways, coilovers, rims). 05 has the same set up as an 06 and that would be included in the cons category: having to sell and get new mods for new car. Including loss $$ I spent on mods, selling, and getting new ones.

Very good thoughts though, keep them comming.
    My payments will still be around $330 but one would be for a longer time period
    Last edited by rx4mj; 05-14-2006 at 02:53 AM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

05 has the same set up as an 06 and that would be included in the cons category: having to sell and get new mods for new car.
    DOH! I thought the 04-05s were the same...

In that case, I would say 04 STi. Have some cash around, like a reserve $1500, in case something major fails. I would say the $$$ / Mod fluidity is much more important. Hell, an 04 with a GOOD detail, inside & out, will make it feel new. Plus, there are many more parts available, and the techincal hurdles have already been dealt with. I like my 06, but getting info for it is hard to come by.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.