SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 454

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by ansonowicz Until I have a 2nd car, reliable & driveable, I'll stick with the rally-x. As it ...

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    Until I have a 2nd car, reliable & driveable, I'll stick with the rally-x. As it stands now, when entering driveways, etc, my wagon is flexing like a mofo. I hear all sorts of things creaking back there, so I need to stiffen up the chassis.
    from my experiance here, wagons and suv's tend to be noisier and flx a bit more.

is there a way to print from a remote computer back to the printer i have here? i can give you the ip address of the printer by me.
    So Cal F4 member #19

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hellbilly1342, my TGV housings are already at a shop getting ported for someone else. Sorry, someone beat you to it

as for needing them on a 20g....they made a difference even on the stock turbo. The low end feels A LOT stronger. According to the dyno I only picked up 7 hp and about 2.5 lb/ft or torque, but it feels like a lot more...maybe the dyno is calibrated differently from last year.

I did them and I'm getting a 16g...I can only assume that they'll make even MORE of a difference with a 20g. It won't be a HUGE difference, but I guess its just a matter of how much you want to do. For me, it was just a matter of not doing anything half-assed. If the injectors had to go, I figured I'm half way to the TGV's already, and I had just finished a particularly lucritive project and had an extra $500 in the mod fund.

I don't know if I'd bother with the modified stock housings. I know a lot of people do them, but I think that metal shaft has the largest cross-section of any part of the TGV system, so why would you remove all the small stuff, and leave the big stuff in the way?? Unless you can get a CEL fix like Jason did so you can take that shaft out, I don't know how much good it would do...with the APS units, which have a bigger bore than stock, no shaft, no holes where the shafts used to be, and CAST into a perfect shape, I gained 7 HP (I know...it feels like more, but that's all I could measure). If you went with a less ideal setup...and you gained 5 HP would it still be worth the trouble? up to you I guess...I'd probably still do it out of principle more than actual gains, but I'm wierd.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    from my experiance here, wagons and suv's tend to be noisier and flx a bit more.

is there a way to print from a remote computer back to the printer i have here? i can give you the ip address of the printer by me.
    Unfortunately, no. I'll setup a "print to PDF" on the remote computer. You can print the pages to a PDF, email the PDF to your yahoo/hotmail/gmail account. Then you'll be able to print that PDF at your shop.

A bit of a workaround, but nonetheless, a way around the system.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Until I have a 2nd car, reliable & driveable, I'll stick with the rally-x. As it stands now, when entering driveways, etc, my wagon is flexing like a mofo. I hear all sorts of things creaking back there, so I need to stiffen up the chassis.
    I got a front H-brace, sedan 20mm rear sway bar and strut bar, and solid rear end links...worked for me. However I didn't have any creaking to begin with...the only creaks in my car come from the driver's seat I think. I've been thinking of pulling out the seats, cleaning all the crap that gets under the rails you can't get to and bolt them back on...that might take care of my creak.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I'd probably still do it out of principle more than actual gains, but I'm wierd.
    I'm still planning out my budget for the summer, so I had the APS deletes as an "optional" item instead of "necessary". I wanted to avoid touching the stock system anyway. In the event of something major (accident, had to get rid of the wagon, etc) I wanted to put everything back to stock. Hell, I might end up doing what Mike is doing now, who knows.

For right now, the wagon is destined to be a "spirited" daily driver with occasional track / rally events. I'll have to sift through the garage and sell more stuff to make up for the budget.

Unfortunately, no. I'll setup a "print to PDF" on the remote computer. You can print the pages to a PDF, email the PDF to your yahoo/hotmail/gmail account. Then you'll be able to print that PDF at your shop.

A bit of a workaround, but nonetheless, a way around the system.
    how does that work? a bit computer iliterate
    So Cal F4 member #19

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I got a front H-brace, sedan 20mm rear sway bar and strut bar, and solid rear end links...worked for me. However I didn't have any creaking to begin with...the only creaks in my car come from the driver's seat I think. I've been thinking of pulling out the seats, cleaning all the crap that gets under the rails you can't get to and bolt them back on...that might take care of my creak.
    Oh, forgot to mention. the next install meet might be busy for me, good problems though!

- APS FMIC w/ aps intake
    - Cop horn
    - Whiteline Adj Sways Front / Rear / endlinks all the way around

I just might do some of this during my off time in the garage. The new tires are BEGGING me to hit the canyons.

I'm still planning out my budget for the summer, so I had the APS deletes as an "optional" item instead of "necessary". I wanted to avoid touching the stock system anyway. In the event of something major (accident, had to get rid of the wagon, etc) I wanted to put everything back to stock. Hell, I might end up doing what Mike is doing now, who knows.

For right now, the wagon is destined to be a "spirited" daily driver with occasional track / rally events. I'll have to sift through the garage and sell more stuff to make up for the budget.
    hehe thats cool anson hey what camera do u have again i forgot >_< lol my dad wants to get a canon powershot s2 IS
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

how does that work? a bit computer iliterate
    Sorry. When you go to the "print" menu, you'll end up with a file on the desktop. That's it

Sorry. When you go to the "print" menu, you'll end up with a file on the desktop. That's it
    ok, let me know when you get it set up so i can try it out.
    So Cal F4 member #19

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1
    hehe thats cool anson hey what camera do u have again i forgot >_< lol my dad wants to get a canon powershot s2 IS
    Canon 10D
    75-300mm 3.5 - 5.6 Zoom
    20mm 2.8 Fixed / Prime / Static Lens

i need to get a video camera fro future rally events, and to mount in my car for my excursions and rally-x
    So Cal F4 member #19

haah thanks anson i knew u have the 10d lol cool hehe tommrow i am going to irvine subaru with mi dad to check out the dealer over there since my aunts live in lake forest hehehe YAY!!
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz

i need to get a video camera fro future rally events, and to mount in my car for my excursions and rally-x
    hahah coool

my canon SD400 can take about 2 hours of 640X480 @32 FPS video on a 2 gig SD card.
    go f*** yourself