SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 453
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by WRX13oy i dont mind the manual labor. my last job with the usps was soooo boring because ...

  1. #6781
    Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    SoCal, Whales ******
    Posts
    1,590
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    i dont mind the manual labor. my last job with the usps was soooo boring because i sat at a computer terminal for 6 hours. a i might benefit from doin some manual labor too. im not too stressed about my car anymore since i have another vehicle i can use. i plan on having my car fixed before 2007

    that';s kool.....yea i'm gonna keep the VF39 setup for awhile since this is my daily driver...maybe sell the car when it's paid off and get a new STi in a few years....maybe an S205 or s206 when they come out...i would love a turbo porsche though =/
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #6782
    Registered User dragonwrx1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    california, LA
    Posts
    1,204
    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    that';s kool.....yea i'm gonna keep the VF39 setup for awhile since this is my daily driver...maybe sell the car when it's paid off and get a new STi in a few years....maybe an S205 or s206 when they come out...i would love a turbo porsche though =/
    haha soo cool !! and turbo porsche are sweet man !!!!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

  4. #6783
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    i dont mind the manual labor. my last job with the usps was soooo boring because i sat at a computer terminal for 6 hours. a i might benefit from doin some manual labor too. im not too stressed about my car anymore since i have another vehicle i can use. i plan on having my car fixed before 2007
    ....and you get a cool brown truck to drive around so you don't have to worry about having no car
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  5. #6784
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    california, whittier
    Posts
    275
    well tomorrow im leaving for wilow springs for the race. to bad i couldnt find a place to put tires on for me i was going to pay 25$ a rim to get tires put on at pep-boys

  6. #6785
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ....and you get a cool brown truck to drive around so you don't have to worry about having no car
    nah. i wont be driving the truck. ill be loading/unloading the ups plane. once i get my bike up and running. that would probably be my daily driver
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  7. #6786
    Registered User projectwrx31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    mission viejo
    Posts
    1,456

    Arrow

    at least its a job and you get paid
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04

  8. #6787
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    but i wont make enough over this summer to get it fixed by the end of august (when id like to have it fixed by) but we'll see if i can get a loan or something to get my car fixed. if i do get a loan. im going to get top of the line stuff into my car so it wont break again
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  9. #6788
    Registered User WRX13oy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SOCAL!! 91752
    Posts
    6,979
    ok. i did a little research. im going to go with 2.5 (about $400 cheaper than the 2.2) and get some 264 cams in the heads and that should help out in the top end area.

    oh ya chris. do you still have that sr55 turbo for sale? if you do. save it for me. ill buy it off you
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

    2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

  10. #6789
    Registered User hellbilly1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    764
    hey Blarg. you still have your old TGV's? can I get them from you so I can port them out to replace mine? i'll give you back my old ones in return.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails untitled3.bmp  
    So Cal F4 member #19

  11. #6790
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    hey Blarg. you still have your old TGV's? can I get them from you so I can port them out to replace mine? i'll give you back my old ones in return.
    Blarg, you think I need to modify my TGVs if I'm going for the 20g setup?

    Noel,
    Nice screen cap. Did you ever get that laptop fixed? I posted some info on the Gorman Ridge Rally on the other forum & realized you didn't have an account there. Don't know if you've ever been out there, but I'm trying to get course maps and go on a scout run (Hungry Valley OHVRA). And El Mirage has been setup for June 24.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  12. #6791
    Registered User hellbilly1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    Nice screen cap. Did you ever get that laptop fixed? I posted some info on the Gorman Ridge Rally on the other forum & realized you didn't have an account there.

    Don't know if you've ever been out there, but I'm trying to get course maps and go on a scout run (Hungry Valley OHVRA)
    it's pretty much in the same location as the rim of the world
    So Cal F4 member #19

  13. #6792
    Registered User hellbilly1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    764
    also trying to get info about Treeline Rally in West Covina on july 15. no info on their sight yet. just an address. check out californiarallyseries.com
    So Cal F4 member #19

  14. #6793
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    also trying to get info about Treeline Rally in West Covina on july 15. no info on their sight yet. just an address. check out californiarallyseries.com
    yup, already took a look at it. ran into the same dead end as you. however, i'm trying to get my friend's old STi stock springs to use for rally type events. i don't think the lowered stance of my prodrives will be too happy.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

  15. #6794
    Registered User hellbilly1342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    764
    the way our cars are set up now the only rally type thing we can do is rally-x. to run a stage rally we need a roll cage, 5 point harness minimum, and a few other esentials. in rally-x it's on a flat dirt surface with no jumps.

    i was trying to get the full regulations off nasarallysport.com but since im blocked from that page here i can't get the full pages. i had to do a copy and paste from the remote computer to microsoft word on here, but i couldn't get the images which is what i really need too. basically i'm looking into all regulations to see what i need to do to set my car up for either group N or open class rally. our cars stock would be put in performance GT because of awd and turbo, but our cars have to be mostly completely stock.
    So Cal F4 member #19

  16. #6795
    Registered User ansonowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    LBC
    Posts
    2,263
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    the way our cars are set up now the only rally type thing we can do is rally-x. to run a stage rally we need a roll cage, 5 point harness minimum, and a few other esentials. in rally-x it's on a flat dirt surface with no jumps.

    i was trying to get the full regulations off nasarallysport.com but since im blocked from that page here i can't get the full pages. i had to do a copy and paste from the remote computer to microsoft word on here, but i couldn't get the images which is what i really need too. basically i'm looking into all regulations to see what i need to do to set my car up for either group N or open class rally. our cars stock would be put in performance GT because of awd and turbo, but our cars have to be mostly completely stock.
    Until I have a 2nd car, reliable & driveable, I'll stick with the rally-x. As it stands now, when entering driveways, etc, my wagon is flexing like a mofo. I hear all sorts of things creaking back there, so I need to stiffen up the chassis.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G


    Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •