SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 414
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I know how this sounds but what kind of hp could I expect on an STI with a DB big ...

I know how this sounds but what kind of hp could I expect on an STI with a DB big 16g all P&P's w/ 15psi WGA and clipped wheel with all the supporting mods( TBE, turbo inlet, Spearco TMIC, inj, and Utec tuned by harman)? And which inj would be best UR 630 or 660. I already have the turbo and don't want to sell it and get something else, plus the spool would be rideculously fast
    (blarg)
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't do a wheel clip on a 16g. I also wouldn't get the 15 PSI WG...that's too high for what we're running...you may not be running much more than 15 PSI of boost at the top, so not being able to control boost below 15 PSI is just nuts.

as for injectors, 600's will be fine. more than that is overkill.

wheel clip gives up low end to give you more at the top...the whole point of a 16g is to spool up quick, so why would you get one, and then reduce the very thing that the 16g excells in?

if you want more top end, then get an 18g...clipping a 16g is pointless.

I don't think the displacement of the motor matters when calculating HP since that's done by airflow, and how much fuel you can burn given the maximum amount of air the turbo can deliver...the Deadbolt Monster 16g is supposed to top out at ~375 HP at the crank...we'll see how close I get to that in a few weeks...looks like Gruppe-S will be doing my tune...the tuner is a Rim this weekend so I will talk to him more on Saturday.

-edit-

just re-read and see you have the BIG 16g - I still wouldn't clip it, but you're looking at performance near VF22 levels...VF22's run just fine on STi pinks and 600's should be plenty...you're probably looking at ~400 HP at the crank with all the proper supporting mods.
    Last edited by blarg; 04-27-2006 at 06:50 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Yeah I wouldn't clip it either, but that's the way it came (got a good deal from someone that needed cash) it is still new. I figured that the higher displacement and the variable valve control timing might help make up for the difference in spooling time. I don't want crazy power just a little more performance than the STI comes stock. I am thoroughly confident my set up will make me more than happy. It should push me to the 300whp mark hopefully.

**Re-edit my post: it does not have the 15psi wastegate, but WAS thinking about getting it, but no longer oh wise one
    Last edited by rx4mj; 04-27-2006 at 08:31 PM.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    Yeah I wouldn't clip it either, but that's the way it came (got a good deal from someone that needed cash) it is still new. I figured that the higher displacement might help make up for the difference in spooling. I don't want crazy power just a little more performance than the STI comes stock. I am thoroughly confident my set up will make me more than happy. It should push me to the 300whp mark hopefully.

**Re-edit my post: it does not have the 15psi wastegate, but WAS thinking about getting it, but no longer oh wise one
    15 PSI WG is for applications where you want to boost like 25-30 PSI
    go f*** yourself

hey guys whats up havent been in for a while. the computer was gone for a while how's everyone been?

Hey man thanks for all the advice I really apreciate it. It is nice to be able to ask stupid questions without getting flamed, really bad.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj
    Hey man thanks for all the advice I really apreciate it. It is nice to be able to ask stupid questions without getting flamed, really bad.
    well if you miss that....there's always nazic0ck.
    go f*** yourself

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by life
    hey guys whats up havent been in for a while. the computer was gone for a while how's everyone been?

i got my new turbo in recently

oh and guys that spring mod does work...i installed a 9lb spring and it went up to 14.7 psi today, i think with an 11lb spring I'll hit my target boost of 17-18psi
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

hey eric.. just get an aftermarket clutch and flywheel and put 'em on at the same time.. while your tranny's gonna be out get a grouppe n tranny mount.. you'll feel the wonders of new mounts.. i'm just saying this for time/cost efficiency.. taking your tranny out is gonna take a lotta time, roughly a whole day.. so i suggest get all your crap in at once.. getting a stock one, putting it in then taking your tranny out again to put in an aftermarket one takes a lotta money too.. but if you have all your crap together, i suggest going to speed factory like morris suggested to me.. basically you're not being charged to put in your clutch/flywheel, but taking your tranny out is the problem.. so if you can, just wait
    always bored.. someone help me get out of this madness!!

oh ya forgot to add.. they charge 300-350 for a clutch job.. i'm sure if you have a new flywheel and mount to put in they won't charge extra cuz it only takes like 20 min or so.. that price is pretty generous compared to other shops

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey eric.. just get an aftermarket clutch and flywheel and put 'em on at the same time.. while your tranny's gonna be out get a grouppe n tranny mount.. you'll feel the wonders of new mounts.. i'm just saying this for time/cost efficiency.. taking your tranny out is gonna take a lotta time, roughly a whole day.. so i suggest get all your crap in at once.. getting a stock one, putting it in then taking your tranny out again to put in an aftermarket one takes a lotta money too.. but if you have all your crap together, i suggest going to speed factory like morris suggested to me.. basically you're not being charged to put in your clutch/flywheel, but taking your tranny out is the problem.. so if you can, just wait

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

well kids looks like my clutch is on its last legs....every time I half-engage the clutch, I hear a whirring noise...does it in every gear....either my throw-out bearing is going...or the spring....either way, guess I'll be getting my new clutch and flywheel sooner rather than later. bleah. wasn't looking forward to spending another $1200.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    well kids looks like my clutch is on its last legs....every time I half-engage the clutch, I hear a whirring noise...does it in every gear....either my throw-out bearing is going...or the spring....either way, guess I'll be getting my new clutch and flywheel sooner rather than later. bleah. wasn't looking forward to spending another $1200.
    muahahaha i know exactly how you feel.. when i did my clutch and all that other crap in, i was thinking at the same time, "ya know, this could have paid for my whole tuition next qtr".. in any case i have no idea where to get a cheap clutch other than online if you don't mind the wait

muahahaha i know exactly how you feel.. when i did my clutch and all that other crap in, i was thinking at the same time, "ya know, this could have paid for my whole tuition next qtr".. in any case i have no idea where to get a cheap clutch other than online if you don't mind the wait
    I-speed has a decent one that's not too expensive...I'm not sure if just a re-branded Exedy or what but...I'll see them at Rim so I'll see how long it would take to get one...I'll have to contact the speed factory, but they're usually pretty good about getting quick appointments....they do have a HUGE shop.

http://www.crawfordperformance.com/p...s.cgi?Menu=5-1
    Last edited by blarg; 04-28-2006 at 12:14 AM.
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.