SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 413

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by blarg RDC won't work unless you're a member of the "remote users" group....I don't know if he's ...

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    RDC won't work unless you're a member of the "remote users" group....I don't know if he's in a workgroup or a domain...but if he's in a domain and he knows how to get around it, he's probably an admin anyway and wouldn't be as restricted.

the site is

http://www.rimoftheworldrally.com/
    that sight is also blocked because it's classified as a sports sight.

well kinkos it is then
    So Cal F4 member #19

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hows this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lancaster-Map.jpg  
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

you'll proabably take 5N to the 14, and drive until you see the fairgrounds.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    So if he's part of the AD, he can't even remote OUT to any public-ly availabe pc? hey I learn something new everyday. My background is mostly *nix, so I'm always open to new windows tips.

Are you upgrading your drivetrain in order to accomodate the 16g? Or are your goals okay with your current setup?
    they locked down A LOT of stuff in 2003. My guess is that if they have an admin who knows what's up (and they're using 2003...i'm not well-versed in 2000) he won't be able to RDC out without permissions. Its a security risk - people could be making RDC connections off-site and dumping confidential data. you MAY be ablel to do it through HTTP RDC, but there's a way to lock that out as well...of course you're assuming he has an off-site machine to RDC to.

if you have local control over your browser's proxy settings you might be able to proxy to the site...or if you can install firefox (again, this requires permissions) you might be able to get to the site if the filter is on IE and not somewhere else like DNS or a firewall.
    Last edited by blarg; 04-27-2006 at 12:13 PM.
    go f*** yourself

you'll proabably take 5N to the 14, and drive until you see the fairgrounds.
    that kinda works. was also looking for the directions from the fairgrounds to the other sight to watch the race.

if i remember from previously looking it up, it's 5 north to 14 east? that's why i would like to see a better map.
    So Cal F4 member #19

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    that kinda works. was also looking for the directions from the fairgrounds to the other sight to watch the race.

if i remember from previously looking it up, it's 5 north to 14 east? that's why i would like to see a better map.
    I believe the 14 only goes one way from there...otherwise take the one that goes to Palmdale/Lancaster...I believe its east.
    go f*** yourself

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar

by the way, I thought about getting 20g w/ very mild protune on my stock injectors. I know 20g's prefer 700+ cc flow, but would rather have a turbo that can handle future growth instead of an 18g that might top out. So for sure, TMIC and 18/20g will go in by the end of the year. Injectors, fuel rail, and 2nd protune, and drivetrain upgrades will be the 2nd round (if i get a 20g)

any feedback guys?
    i think the stock injectors would be ok for a mild tune...u might want to ask a tuner but i don't see the point in paying for two dyno tunes just to change injectors...you should do it all the first time and you can have a daily 91 octane map and a more aggressive 95+ octane map
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    i think the stock injectors would be ok for a mild tune...u might want to ask a tuner but i don't see the point in paying for two dyno tunes just to change injectors...you should do it all the first time and you can have a daily 91 octane map and a more aggressive 95+ octane map

Okay, n00b question here. depending on the map, having Helix 860cc injectors & fuel pump will probably take my 25mpg ----> poor mileage, no? I mainly daily drive, "punch it" to merge on the freeway, and that's about it. Oh, I try & keep up with Ed every once in a while also....

There's a guy on Nasioc selling Helix 860s for less than 500 bucks
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Okay, n00b question here. depending on the map, having Helix 860cc injectors & fuel pump will probably take my 25mpg ----> poor mileage, no? I mainly daily drive, "punch it" to merge on the freeway, and that's about it. Oh, I try & keep up with Ed every once in a while also....

There's a guy on Nasioc selling Helix 860s for less than 500 bucks
    why the fcuk would you get 860???!?!??!??!

they'll make your car idle like crap, and you won't have the "fine control" that you have with smaller injectors for your tune...and you will also have to use resistor packs to make those injectors run because they're low impedence and WRX's run high impedence. They will also probably spray bigger droplets which don't burn as well...if there were no disadvantages to running monster injectors, we'd all just get 1200cc's and be done with it.

you don't want bigger injectors than you need...and you probably don't need more than 650's
    go f*** yourself

why the fcuk would you get 860???!?!??!??!
    I dont' know why, tha't why I'm asking here. Ran a search, but since I'm on an 06, not much came up. Thanks for straight answer, much appreciated. Glad you're on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    06 ALREADY HAS 565
    I already know that, but it's not enough fuel if I want to take advantage of most of the potential of td05-20g. I'm going for TD05 for better spoolup vs TD06 top end.

Quote Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
    COBB ALSO HAS 18G MAPS ALREADY FOR THE 06 AT 300 WHP AND THOSE ARE MILD COBB MAPS, THATS WHAT IM GOING WITH
    very true.
    go f*** yourself

I say if you are going with the tdo5 it might work fairly well if you don't replace the injectors right away. It will add more lag but if you get the cobb combined with the new 2.5 liter block and 565 inj with the 06 it might just not be that bad. It would be opitimal to replace it all at the same time however, like Blargy states.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

ok my clutch is almost dead, the guy at renick said a new stock clutch is $130 adn the springs are $140. do i need to replace the springs if i put in a new clutch? or can i be cheap for alittle while and just replace the clutch intill i can put an act in next month?
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

$500 isn't that great a deal for injectors.

you can get brand-new cylinder-matched 630's or 660's from Ultimate Racing for $495, right from the manufacturer...these are flow matched to each cylinder to compensate for the unequal nature of the stock fuel rails...they will give you even EGT"s across all 4 cylinders. (this is what I'm getting...but I'm most likely getting the 600's 'cause they're $425 and 600cc's is plenty for the 16g.
    go f*** yourself