SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 412

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by WRX13oy hey chris, i might buy an old honda c50 (cub) or a honda s90 (all in ...

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    hey chris, i might buy an old honda c50 (cub) or a honda s90 (all in pieces, no motor). haha i can probably use that to putt around town since the scooter is slow and now allowed on most of the streetes near my place since the posted speed limit is over 30mph
    im taking some classes in may to get my motorcycle license and how to ride...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gonna have to head down to kinkos to get online since my work has blocked out google, mapquest and any sports related websights among many other sights. need to get info and directions to rim of the world again.

damn the man....
    So Cal F4 member #19

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    gonna have to head down to kinkos to get online since my work has blocked out google, mapquest and any sports related websights among many other sights. need to get info and directions to rim of the world again.

damn the man....
    they're on the web site...want to me to post them here to save youa trip?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

damn the man....
    apparently they don't block clubwrx.net, so be happy for that!

who else is heading to rim of the world on sat? i'll be goin, just seeing if anyone wants to meet up before heading out there to cruize up together.
    Might have to head up to NorCal for the weekend. BTW, sorry I haven't made time to head down to your shop....Hopefully tomorrow?
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

damn the man....
    What kind of computer are you using at work? Is it a PC w/ XP, win200? I think I get around the blockage

I've been talking to Gruppe-S over the last week or so, and their ProTuner rates are WAY cheaper than Harmon... They charge $195 per map! and they'll send me a "limp around until you can get tuned" map.

I'm going to make a weekend of it. Drive up there, get tuned and then spend a day in Napa with my girlfriend...it'll probably still cost the same, but I'll get my AP tune, and a romantic weekend with teh girlfriend.

guess I have to get off my a$$ and get that turbo and injectors installed sooner rather than later.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    What kind of computer are you using at work? Is it a PC w/ XP, win200? I think I get around the blockage
    not if he's on a domain and they're using GPO's to enforce the policy.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    not if he's on a domain and they're using GPO's to enforce the policy.
    I was thinking about using RDC to remote to another PC and using it's deskotp. Don't know if 3389 is blocked

they're on the web site...want to me to post them here to save youa trip?
    which websight? and yeah, see if i can access that sight.
    So Cal F4 member #19

the only way i know i can get around the block is bring in my laptop, but unfortunately it doesn't work right now.
    part of this sight was blocked for a few hours until they realized it also blocked the bmw websight too.
    this sight isn't classified as a forum sight so it helps.
    So Cal F4 member #19

guess I have to get off my a$$ and get that turbo and injectors installed sooner rather than later.

by the way, I thought about getting 20g w/ very mild protune on my stock injectors. I know 20g's prefer 700+ cc flow, but would rather have a turbo that can handle future growth instead of an 18g that might top out. So for sure, TMIC and 18/20g will go in by the end of the year. Injectors, fuel rail, and 2nd protune, and drivetrain upgrades will be the 2nd round (if i get a 20g)

any feedback guys?

I was thinking about using RDC to remote to another PC and using it's deskotp. Don't know if 3389 is blocked
    RDC won't work unless you're a member of the "remote users" group....I don't know if he's in a workgroup or a domain...but if he's in a domain and he knows how to get around it, he's probably an admin anyway and wouldn't be as restricted.

the site is

http://www.rimoftheworldrally.com/
    go f*** yourself

by the way, I thought about getting 20g w/ very mild protune on my stock injectors. I know 20g's prefer 700+ cc flow, but would rather have a turbo that can handle future growth instead of an 18g that might top out. So for sure, TMIC and 18/20g will go in by the end of the year. Injectors, fuel rail, and 2nd protune, and drivetrain upgrades will be the 2nd round (if i get a 20g)

any feedback guys?
    yeah, you COULD do that...but then you'll have more lag, AND know that your setup is capable of more. just because you tune down the 20g doesn't mean you get less lag. I'd say if you're going to get a 20g, then set that as your goal, and start collecting parts like I did. I bought my 16g over a year ago! In the grand scheme of things, new injectors are another $500...its not a fortune.

if you start slapping on parts that aren't compatable with your final goals, you're just waring time and money. I know its not as much instant gratification, but the end result will be much nicer.
    go f*** yourself

RDC won't work unless you're a member of the "remote users" group....I don't know if he's in a workgroup or a domain...but if he's in a domain and he knows how to get around it, he's probably an admin anyway and wouldn't be as restricted.

the site is

http://www.rimoftheworldrally.com/
    So if he's part of the AD, he can't even remote OUT to any public-ly availabe pc? hey I learn something new everyday. My background is mostly *nix, so I'm always open to new windows tips.

Are you upgrading your drivetrain in order to accomodate the 16g? Or are your goals okay with your current setup?
    Last edited by ansonowicz; 04-27-2006 at 12:02 PM.