Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#7,477 ·
ansonowicz said:
**** JUNE 24 - 25 = El Mirage Dry Lake Bed (overnight optional) *****

What's the final headcount for the lake bed? it sounds like people can't make it and their cars are out of commision. If this is indeed going to be less than 5 cars, overnight might not happen and I won't have to pack my garage into the wagon :)

1) Anson
2) Eric
3) Mike?
4) Noel?

Well it doesn't look like I can make this one. My sister is the star of the family right now cause she is getting her docterette in animal medicine; and her graduation party is on the 24th. I already got in a huge fight at the near mention of this (made me feel like a teenager agin). So please take lots of pictures and get everyone else to go. Ya bunch of lolligaggers.:p

#7,479 ·
WRX13oy said:
doesnt affect tunability. ive dealt with resistor packs and they worked fine but i kinda got worried if a resistor broke or went out because of heat and vibration. thats how i felt
Oh, I see. it's just a matter of eliminating more variables. I believe Ultimate Racing's are the one's you're talking about. I'm trying to avoid getting a fuel rail if I don't have to:

I'll call them to see what other sizes they have, and if they've testing 06 motors.

----- FROM Website -------------

600cc Cylinder Flow-Matched Fuel Injector Kit
(Each injector individually flowed to a specific cylinder)
- 600cc Cylinder Flow-Matched High Impedance Fuel Injector Kit (Set of 4)

Research
Equipped with an array of EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauges, our prototype WRX displayed conditions of a un-even air/fuel mixture throughout the cylinders under load. A notorious issue with all EJ20 motors.

Development
Ultimate Racing's Cylinder Flow-Matched Fuel Injectors are individually sized to compensate for the un-even distribution of fuel. Each injector is perfectly matched to each cylinder ensuring a uniform EGT reading throughout.

#7,480 ·
rx4mj said:
lolligaggers.:p
Hey, just because I lived in SF doesn't give you the right to call me a gagger...oh wait, i'm just paranoid :rotfl::rotfl:

I would REALLY like to go the lake bed after everything on the wagon is done. all i have now is a laggy and rich wagon.

#7,482 ·
ansonowicz said:
Oh, I see. it's just a matter of eliminating more variables. I believe Ultimate Racing's are the one's you're talking about. I'm trying to avoid getting a fuel rail if I don't have to:

I'll call them to see what other sizes they have, and if they've testing 06 motors.

----- FROM Website -------------

600cc Cylinder Flow-Matched Fuel Injector Kit
(Each injector individually flowed to a specific cylinder)
- 600cc Cylinder Flow-Matched High Impedance Fuel Injector Kit (Set of 4)

Research
Equipped with an array of EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauges, our prototype WRX displayed conditions of a un-even air/fuel mixture throughout the cylinders under load. A notorious issue with all EJ20 motors.

Development
Ultimate Racing's Cylinder Flow-Matched Fuel Injectors are individually sized to compensate for the un-even distribution of fuel. Each injector is perfectly matched to each cylinder ensuring a uniform EGT reading throughout.

I have a set of these injectors, and I'm probably not going to use them (thinking of giving up the modding and getting a new car)...the 600's don't have resistor packs.

#7,483 ·
blarg said:
I have a set of these injectors, and I'm probably not going to use them (thinking of giving up the modding and getting a new car)...the 600's don't have resistor packs.
I think i'm going to need around 700s or so. Trying not to go too big for rough idle, but too small & limit future growth. Do you know if they make these in high-impedence?

what car you thinking about?

#7,484 ·
ansonowicz said:
I think i'm going to need around 700s or so. Trying not to go too big for rough idle, but too small & limit future growth. Do you know if they make these in high-impedence?

what car you thinking about?
the biggest high impedence are 630 I think.

Thinking about a V8 Mustang.

#7,485 ·
blarg said:
the biggest high impedence are 630 I think.

Thinking about a V8 Mustang.
that might be borderline too small for the 20g...as for the mustang, what's the matter, can't do donuts in the subie? :tongue:

GT, cobra? V6 mustangs are useless in my opinion. they shouldn't sell those to the public and keep them for hertz and avis.

#7,486 ·
are we still going to el mirage on the 24th then? i'd like to all nighter it.

i forgot about this and so it's too close to two weeks to request it off work, i should be able to get it still. but if not i'd like to stay overnight so i can do some running on sunday.

#7,487 ·
Fahren said:
are we still going to el mirage on the 24th then? i'd like to all nighter it.

i forgot about this and so it's too close to two weeks to request it off work, i should be able to get it still. but if not i'd like to stay overnight so i can do some running on sunday.
The count is getting smaller, so I wanted to get a final head count. Hopefully we'll know by the end of the day so you can request time off from work.

#7,488 ·
ansonowicz said:
Sorry to change the subject:

-- Kyle, congrats on the new setup!
-- Chris, good job with the install :thumbup:

What's the final headcount for the lake bed? it sounds like people can't make it and their cars are out of commision. If this is indeed going to be less than 5 cars, overnight might not happen and I won't have to pack my garage into the wagon :)

1) Anson
2) Eric
3) Mike?
4) Noel?

Perhaps this first time we can get a feel of the area and decide if there will be a much larger 2nd time.

Thanks.
I won't be able to make it to anything for awhile. in a big financial hole, and other personal sh1t goin on.

#7,490 ·
ansonowicz said:
Sorry to change the subject:

-- Kyle, congrats on the new setup!
-- Chris, good job with the install :thumbup:

1) Anson
2) Eric
3) Mike?
4) Noel?

Perhaps this first time we can get a feel of the area and decide if there will be a much larger 2nd time.

Thanks.
hey anson count me in

#7,493 ·
Hytek714 said:
hey chris if i have a nail in my tire would it be ok if i got its patched...
At 130mph+, I would be a bit paranoid with that patch and the tire heat. It would suck if you blew a tire & destroyed the car, but it would be DEVASTATING to all of us if you got seriously hurt.

We'll be in the desert out of the public eye, so safety is the priority.

#7,494 ·
ansonowicz said:
that might be borderline too small for the 20g...as for the mustang, what's the matter, can't do donuts in the subie? :tongue:

GT, cobra? V6 mustangs are useless in my opinion. they shouldn't sell those to the public and keep them for hertz and avis.
yeah, too small for a 20g.

I'm looking at the GT...I want to stay in the same price range as a WRX, it has to be new, and there's really nothing else there that I would like.

There is a Roush supercharger (factory installed) you can get that gives you like 415hp and doesn't void the warranty...its about a $7000 option.