Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#7,461 ·
06HKSwrx said:
yeah me & chris finished today, i just remaped it, it goes fast:)
WOW sweet lol plz dont break anything ok

#7,462 ·
#7,464 ·
Originally Posted by 06HKSwrx
Thanks Again Chris For Helping Out My Car Runs Great.

yeah man, youre in for sure..what # do you get?

#7,466 ·
AspirinWhite said:
I wanna goto dromo!! too bad im going camping this friday...

Hey Chris, if u liked the bbq last time, my b-day bbq is coming up on the 25th... bbq and sushi's will be served...
Sorry to change the subject:

-- Kyle, congrats on the new setup!
-- Chris, good job with the install :thumbup:

**** JUNE 24 - 25 = El Mirage Dry Lake Bed (overnight optional) *****

What's the final headcount for the lake bed? it sounds like people can't make it and their cars are out of commision. If this is indeed going to be less than 5 cars, overnight might not happen and I won't have to pack my garage into the wagon :)

1) Anson
2) Eric
3) Mike?
4) Noel?

Perhaps this first time we can get a feel of the area and decide if there will be a much larger 2nd time.

Thanks.

#7,468 ·
WRX13oy said:
i didnt install the turbo. :tongue: i just came by to check and see if everything was done ok and help prime the turbo before we started it. i want to get a drill press now hahah
if there was no Oil gauge during the priming, how do you judge / guess if the oil's getting through? how many wires to disconnect the coil?

#7,469 ·
ansonowicz said:
if there was no Oil gauge during the priming, how do you judge / guess if the oil's getting through? how many wires to disconnect the coil?
i disconnected the fuel pump relay and cranked the car untill the oil pressure light turned off. aprox. two 10 second turns :)

#7,470 ·
WRX13oy said:
i disconnected the fuel pump relay and cranked the car untill the oil pressure light turned off. aprox. two 10 second turns :)
sweet. i'm trying to decide the size & brand of my new injectors. gruppe-s tells me i should get the helix, but i like the idea of ultimate racing's 680cc. plus it comes with the resistor pack and flow matched. i'm getting blue balls waiting for my turbo

#7,471 ·
ansonowicz said:
sweet. i'm trying to decide the size & brand of my new injectors. gruppe-s tells me i should get the helix, but i like the idea of ultimate racing's 680cc. plus it comes with the resistor pack and flow matched. i'm getting blue balls waiting for my turbo
are the helix low impedance like the UR 680s? cas the resistor packs are only if the injectors are low impedance. if helix are high impedance, i would go with thoes since its one less thing you have to worry about

#7,472 ·
06HKSwrx said:
yeah it runs great i just destroyed a 350z on my way up van buren, the boost pulls all the way to red line now before it would sign off at around 4000 rpm
time to look for the wine sipping porches.

#7,473 ·
WRX13oy said:
are the helix low impedance like the UR 680s? cas the resistor packs are only if the injectors are low impedance. if helix are high impedance, i would go with thoes since its one less thing you have to worry about
please educate me, how would that affect it's tunability?

<----------------------- n000b

Thanks.

#7,474 ·
oh ya anson, if you get flow matched injectors, it would be wise to get fuel rails too. i forgot what company makes cylinder matched injectors to work with the stock fuel rail (since the stock fuel rails dont flow evenly and i think cylinder 4 runs lean because of that)

#7,476 ·
ansonowicz said:
please educate me, how would that affect it's tunability?

<----------------------- n000b

Thanks.
doesnt affect tunability. ive dealt with resistor packs and they worked fine but i kinda got worried if a resistor broke or went out because of heat and vibration. thats how i felt