SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 215

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; im thinking of parting out my car then selling it and use the cash as a downpayment for a new ...

im thinking of parting out my car then selling it and use the cash as a downpayment for a new car. spend what it costs to fix my car as a downpayment for maybe a evo ix or something
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    i just checked my compression and i got
    cylinder 1 ~ 150
    cylinder 2 ~ 150
    cylinder 3 ~ 150
    cylinder 4 ~ 110

the spark plug for cylinder 4 was super clean and looked new while the others (1,2,3) had the normal wear on them.

time to start looking into getting a new block since building my current one would need lots of work. any suggestions? crawford? custom build it? im thinking of keeping it 2.0 since i would need lots of other mods to support 2.5 i.e. heads, porting etc.
    kinda sounds like a blown head gasket.

so wahta re the plna for this weekned? we meeting up? if so what day/time?

someon call me and let me know whats happening 610.509.1948

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    kinda sounds like a blown head gasket.
    really? i hope it is. i need to get a leak down test. where can i get that done? or a wet compression test (but i heard that its impossible due to the engine being flat)
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

well i am looking at some oil coolers, so maybe ill have something to install at the next meet
    Socal WRX Club F4#3

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    hey you're the scruffy looking guy with the big turbo right? and i met you that day we went to southcoast?

really? i hope it is. i need to get a leak down test. where can i get that done? or a wet compression test (but i heard that its impossible due to the engine being flat)
    if you have a blown head gasket check your oil stick and see if it has water?

ive been getting water in my catch cans. but just a little. i hope its just a gasket. i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg just to get a new block
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714
    if you have a blown head gasket check your oil stick and see if it has water?
    that depends on how the gasket is blown. if it's only blown between the cylinder and water jacket, then there won't be water in the oil. but you should still check oil just in case though. if coolant did into the oil system, can be very bad for bearings.
    hope it didn't blow that bad.
    as for leak down test, you might be able to borrow the adapter from parts store, and since anson is bringing compressor to the install meet we can check it there.

I used to ride dirt bikes at el mirage. that's where i learned to drive stick, in a 1980 volvo, i was 11 yrs old.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

ive been getting water in my catch cans. but just a little. i hope its just a gasket. i dont wanna spend an arm and a leg just to get a new block
    if your getting water in your catch can then it must be a blown head gasket

i just checked my compression and i got
    cylinder 1 ~ 150
    cylinder 2 ~ 150
    cylinder 3 ~ 150
    cylinder 4 ~ 110

the spark plug for cylinder 4 was super clean and looked new while the others (1,2,3) had the normal wear on them.

time to start looking into getting a new block since building my current one would need lots of work. any suggestions? crawford? custom build it? im thinking of keeping it 2.0 since i would need lots of other mods to support 2.5 i.e. heads, porting etc.
    i would still go wit a crawford since they havea a hi rep and they also make 2.0 blocks so that would be great for you since you still want a 2.0 block

hey since im getting defi gauges i am going to sell my omori boost gauge if any one is interested and possibly the indash bezel pod if i dont think a 60mm gauge can be fit into it so if any one is interested let me know

if it is a bad cylinder ring then i might go with AXIS stage 1 2.2L block
    it might be a crack in the head since when i was tightening down the spark plug for #4 it wouldnt tighen down all the way while the other 3 spark plugs tightened down nicely. hmmmmm any ideas?
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by facelesskillah
    hey since im getting defi gauges i am going to sell my omori boost gauge if any one is interested and possibly the indash bezel pod if i dont think a 60mm gauge can be fit into it so if any one is interested let me know
    how much?

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    hey anyone doing anything tonight

i think i'm going to drive around and listen to my huck finn book on tape and get beat by SRT-4's all night
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.