SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 209

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by hellbilly1342 how much do you want? i dunno.. depends on you.. i'll try to describe them to ...

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    how much do you want?
    i dunno.. depends on you.. i'll try to describe them to you first and then you decide

rims: no curbs from what i can see.. normal daily wear.. i'm pretty sure all wrxs have this, those very tiny black dots that keep sticking to the stock rim.. you can paint them if you want.. whatever

tires: falken ziex 512s, i only drove them for a couple hundred miles before getting new rims and tires.. so i don't need these now.. they even still have those color dots they put on tires.. they still have the hair too.. and they're already balanced

so there you are.. if you're serious i'll bring 'em
    Last edited by subaru3169; 01-23-2006 at 10:43 PM.
    always bored.. someone help me get out of this madness!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you have a oil catch can installed? your turbo may not be blown. from talkin to others and alot of reading it may just be blow by.
    i have 2 catch cans installed. one for the crank and one from the valvecover. im not getting that much blow by. and when i checked the inlet pipe there wasnt that much oil in there. but the pipe right after the turbo was heavily coated with oil. im going to check my compression to see if in fact i am getting a lot of blowby and im just not seeing it in the intake. im starting to not like my car anymore...
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

oh and if you guys want help with the food i can help bring some.. just list some things needed and i'll get some

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    i have 2 catch cans installed. one for the crank and one from the valvecover. im not getting that much blow by. and when i checked the inlet pipe there wasnt that much oil in there. but the pipe right after the turbo was heavily coated with oil. im going to check my compression to see if in fact i am getting a lot of blowby and im just not seeing it in the intake. im starting to not like my car anymore...
    I'm more referring to oil catch can for intake. from what i am beginning to understand from research there is some blow by through turbo that does leave oil deposits in the intake after the turbo and in the intercooler. that is why alot of people with turbo cars install oil catch cans. there are a few threads on here that refer to this. being fairly new to the turbo world, I have been reading as much as i can to understand more. if you had blow by through the cylinders though, you would have smoke coming from your exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by subaru3169
    i dunno.. depends on you.. i'll try to describe them to you first and then you decide

rims: no curbs from what i can see.. normal daily wear.. i'm pretty sure all wrxs have this, those very tiny black dots that keep sticking to the stock rim.. you can paint them if you want.. whatever

tires: falken ziex 512s, i only drove them for a couple hundred miles before getting new rims and tires.. so i don't need these now.. they even still have those color dots they put on tires.. they still have the hair too.. and they're already balanced

so there you are.. if you're serious i'll bring 'em
    damn, they're all seasons. lookin more for performance tires.

damn, they're all seasons. lookin more for performance tires.
    ehh you can still drift the hell outta them if you want though

if hellbilly wont get it.. maybe i would. can you post pics? i might be selling my rims.
    ::..Drive It Like You Stole It..::

Be Green... Stay Catless

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy
    don't give up chris
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04

Quote Originally Posted by JBee
    if hellbilly wont get it.. maybe i would. can you post pics? i might be selling my rims.
    i don't know how to insert images here
    can you email me first.. that way it's easier for me.. haha

subaru3169@asianavenue.com

Arrow

hmmm just a idea maybe we need a thread just for selling f4 parts
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04

i like that idea... do we get discount?
    ::..Drive It Like You Stole It..::

Be Green... Stay Catless

Quote Originally Posted by JBee
    i like that idea... do we get discount?
    JB, did you find your springs? Are you going to have them by the 5th for the install? By the way everyone, I'm bringing my air compressor, so let's bang out as many installs as possible!
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz
    JB, did you find your springs? Are you going to have them by the 5th for the install? By the way everyone, I'm bringing my air compressor, so let's bang out as many installs as possible!
    nice, bring the spring compressors too, i have a guy coming wanting to do srpings and there's a chance i mgiht have springs also
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

My Avatar

inspired by the last meet when it was noticed how the '04 '05 hood scoop looks like a wave.

Arrow

o ya
    SO CAL FLAT 4#04