SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 191

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hey guys my friend sam that owns srt motor sports wants to meet up wit you all so what do ...

hey guys my friend sam that owns srt motor sports wants to meet up wit you all so what do you guys think??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by facelesskillah
    hey guys my friend sam that owns srt motor sports wants to meet up wit you all so what do you guys think??
    i'm down...

Quote Originally Posted by facelesskillah
    count me there...

im down..but ill need a ride..lol

hey guys, found this thread of someone spraypainting the WRX logo on their intercooler and thought how about painting the F4 logo on our intercoolers.

Pics of newly sprayed intercooler

and also i'm gonna get ahold of a friend who does (or used to--gotta find out) embroidery. see what she can do for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    hey guys, found this thread of someone spraypainting the WRX logo on their intercooler and thought how about painting the F4 logo on our intercoolers.

Pics of newly sprayed intercooler

and also i'm gonna get ahold of a friend who does (or used to--gotta find out) embroidery. see what she can do for us.
    So Cal F4 # 10

and charlie does all of our painting, cause he's a m0tha-f0ck1ng

Pee- EYE- EMM- PEE!!!
    So Cal F4 # 10

my gf said she gonna buy me something for my car. what should i get. she said she would get me a swaybar. what about a lightweight crank pulley? hmmm SS brake lines, hmmm. what to get what to get
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

bride seats!!!!!!!!!!
    ::..Drive It Like You Stole It..::

Be Green... Stay Catless

i wish. but something under 200
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

maybe one bride seat???
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

ok, so i have this spare turbo sitting in my toolbox for about a year and a half. a friend gave it to me after he helped his buddy upgrade the turbo on his suby. this was before i knew anything about turbos, and even now i am still trying to figure this anomoly out. i always thought this turbo was off just a WRX, so out of curiousity i was looking at the housing and it turns out to be a IHI VF series turbo. now with the reading i have done in these forums, IHI only comes on the STI right?? and if this is true...now i just need the other components to compliment this turbo to put on my car.

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofe
    i know why ED is laughing, Gus did this to his suby and was called a RICER.....i think it is a cool free mod, i would do an F4 one
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    ok, so i have this spare turbo sitting in my toolbox for about a year and a half. a friend gave it to me after he helped his buddy upgrade the turbo on his suby. this was before i knew anything about turbos, and even now i am still trying to figure this anomoly out. i always thought this turbo was off just a WRX, so out of curiousity i was looking at the housing and it turns out to be a IHI VF series turbo. now with the reading i have done in these forums, IHI only comes on the STI right?? and if this is true...now i just need the other components to compliment this turbo to put on my car.

here's the breakdown i found for you noel

The VF series (VF22, VF23, VF24, VF29, VF30, VF34, VF39) are the most common direct replacement turbos. All VF-series turbochargers use the same roller bearing, water-cooled core assembly. The differences are in their wheels and housings to achieve different flows.

The VF22 has the largest potential for peak horsepower. In other words, in the IHI model range, the VF 22 supports the highest boost levels. It is capable of running up to 25 psi. Because it is a roller bearing turbo, turbo lag is minimal...the boost comes on around 3300 rpm. Expect to max out the VF22 somewhere in the 400-450 hp range.

The VF23 starts the middle ground. It comes on boost around 3100 rpm and is capable of running 20 psi of boost. Expect to max out the VF23 somewhere in the 300-350 hp range.

The VF 24 starts to come on around 2900 rpm and will significantly improve power through the midrange over the stock TD04 turbo. However, the VF 24 is only capable of running around 17 psi.

The VF23 and VF 24 are a great replacement for those who value drivability higher than maximum power.

The VF29 & VF30 delivers a very wide increase in torque over the standard TD-series turbos.

The VF 30 is a fairly new IHI model that utilizes the exhaust housing of a VF24 and the compressor housing sized between a VF 23 and a VF 22. It comes on boost down low (around the 3000 rpm range). With upgraded injectors, fuel pump, and engine management, the VF 30 is good for 365-390 horsepower. It is important to note that the VF30 is NOT a roller bearing turbo.

The IHI VF34 (which comes standard in the Japanese market STi version "RA") is a new roller bearing turbo. It has the same specifications (compressor size, etc.) as the VF 30. The difference lies in the roller bearing which, theoretically, allows quicker spool and better response. It costs a couple hundres more than a VF 30. The VF 34 maxes out around 365-390 hp. It is probably the most popular option for big turbos on the WRX.

One other turbo to note is the VF 39...it comes standard in the USDM STi. While we don't have all the specs yet, these are a new roller bearing, TWIN SCROLL design. Performance numbers are pretty similar to the VF34...maxing out just under 400 hp
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Uggh, not feeling to good. Haven't felt like this in a while. looks like no Morongo for me
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!