Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#4,402 ·
wow I just called GT motorsports and they quoted me at 3500 for the RA set and labor..thats not including new syncros and bearings. :whoa:

#4,403 ·
Z3RO said:
wow I just called GT motorsports and they quoted me at 3500 for the RA set and labor..thats not including new syncros and bearings. :whoa:
sam told me different, but i sent you a pm, let me know. and who gave ya this quote?

#4,404 ·
ansonowicz said:
If you don't mind, I'll drive it for a few minutes to see where it's coming from. I might also have to take the entire assembly out & see if the spring rotated out of place.
I dont mind at all. I got it aligned today at Renick and asked them about the sound, the mechanic drove it for awhile and said it was the rear sway bar. So I guess I need to adjust it or re-install it altogether.

#4,405 ·
Z3RO said:
holy knockers that's insane.. i don't think i'd wait til my tranny crapped out.. i'll just drive to az or gruppe-s or something before my tranny blows and have them do it.. it's cheaper.. but in your situation.. well, don't know what to tell ya since it's not driveable.. i'll ask my friend and see if he can do it since he's local.. my friend did my clutch so i'm pretty sure he'd give me a good price, just get the parts..

oh ya.. if ya need to tow, aaa lets me tow cars up to 100 miles with a flatbed:whoa:

#4,409 ·
jonathanf2 said:
damn gus, so your car is still out of commission? it sucked not having my car for 2 weeks while it was in the shop, but not having it for this long must be killer!

yeah man..I actually considered selling it about 2 weeks ago. However, I want to feel her once I get the RA set. I know I will fall for her all over again:)

#4,410 ·
Z3RO said:
yeah man..I actually considered selling it about 2 weeks ago. However, I want to feel her once I get the RA set. I know I will fall for her all over again:)
hey that's koo man.. do what you gotta do.. and btw, if you really do have to sell her.. you GOTTA keep the morettes for me!!:)

#4,411 ·
subaru3169 said:
hey that's koo man.. do what you gotta do.. and btw, if you really do have to sell her.. you GOTTA keep the morettes for me!!:)
I d prolly part her out..(all perf/ appearance mods) and sell her stock for an EVO .

#4,415 ·
ashbandicoot said:
I dont mind at all. I got it aligned today at Renick and asked them about the sound, the mechanic drove it for awhile and said it was the rear sway bar. So I guess I need to adjust it or re-install it altogether.

yea thats what i thought my noise was after my big install....then i looked over everything annd noticed that in the haste of getting everything done, we didnt tighten any of hte volts in my right front strut...so i was driving aroun wht a loose strut...double check all your bolts....

i miss my car already..its been at the body shop since monday and im stuck drivng this stupid cavalier

#4,419 ·
hey guys m selling my bov blitz dd, intake HKS, qtp downpipe, and huge X02 tmic, let me know if any of u guys are intrested.

#4,423 ·
twizhimself said:
yea thats what i thought my noise was after my big install....then i looked over everything annd noticed that in the haste of getting everything done, we didnt tighten any of hte volts in my right front strut...so i was driving aroun wht a loose strut...double check all your bolts....
haha my bad :baaa:

#4,424 ·
twizhimself said:

i miss my car already..its been at the body shop since monday and im stuck drivng this stupid cavalier
I was driving around a ford five-hundred! Compared to my subie, that car was like an old man tank! I felt like grandpa taking the kids around or something!

#4,425 ·
PaulSaidHi said:
hey guys m selling my bov blitz dd, intake HKS, qtp downpipe, and huge X02 tmic, let me know if any of u guys are intrested.
speaking of downpipe, i also have a HKS catless downpipe i will hook someone up with. Its been at my moms house forever now and she doesnt want it sitting there anymore so any F4 members want a downpipe let me know