Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#4,381 ·
WRX13oy said:
hey. you guys should use that sea foam stuff. my gas milage went up :eek: i used to average 270-280 miles on one tank now im averaging 310-320 miles a tank.
whoa you actually emptied the tank b4??

oh and i am now #24.. muahahahaha.. don't worry peter, i'll put 'em on after i wash my car.. don't want grit under the sticker.. it'll look ugly.. and f4 don't drive ugly:rotfl:

#4,387 ·
ashbandicoot said:
I can tell the difference, as the ride is stiffer than the stockers. They are a little bouncy over rougher roads (i.e. uneven freeways), so i'm not sure if that is natural for the Prodrives or if it needs more time to settle in. I still need to get an alignment as well.

I have noticed what sounds like a metal on metal knocking noise coming from the right side I think. Usually when the car is pulling into or out of driveways or in dips in the road. Not sure if anyone else has experienced this after lowering their car. I think it may be the rear sway bar hitting my exhaust, but thats on the left side, so i dont know. I looked at the exhaust and there was blue paint from the sway bar, so that maybe the culprit.

BTW, got the seat belt harness fixed. A major pain in the ass though and for some reason the only tap tool that worked was a standard and not a metric?!!

i've never had that sway bar thing happen on any of my cars.. i don't think springs would lower the body into the sway bar.. anson???:confused:

#4,388 ·
iBetnooneelseisawakerightnow.

had do drive around and waste half a tank of gas on a sweet twisty up north of whittier to show of my new sticker :thumbup:

so when is the next meet, and or install meet, i need to get my I/C spray button wired, and get rid of that clinking in my suspension.

#4,390 ·
subaru3169 said:
granny driving or just whatever driving? cuz if i granny it the most i've gotten was 260 til the light went on:unhappy:
this is with some pretty agressive driving too. so far i havnt gotten anything below 300 yet on the tank. i wonder how much i can get doing some granny style driving :whoa:

#4,395 ·
ashbandicoot said:
I dont think so either. I heard it again when I left the meet last night. Its coming from the right side rear for sure. Next install meet i'll have it looked at.
If you don't mind, I'll drive it for a few minutes to see where it's coming from. I might also have to take the entire assembly out & see if the spring rotated out of place.

#4,397 · (Edited)
Hey you guys, sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Finally got my wagon back from the shop! Looks really good. They did a good job. Actually looks better now than ever before! Anyways, so what's new? When's the next meet?

Hey Anson, I noticed my front driver side suspension is starting to make some loud sounds when I brake. It started after we did the spring install. Any suggestions on what it might be? Thanks!