Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#3,031 ·
volcomsoldier19 said:
ok guys thanks for the info, i'll probly have mike buy the wrap, then i'll pay on arrival and paul and anson you guys are experienced so i'll let you know when this is good for me to do...we can do this at my house, i have plenty of room

which is better for you guys, weekdays or weekends?
pizza ok after...lol
Hey I just bought a downpipe and I want to wrap it before I put it on.Could I wrap it at your house?If so then let me know when.But I still need to buy the stuff to do it.:eek:

#3,032 ·
awdriving said:
Hey I just bought a downpipe and I want to wrap it before I put it on.Could I wrap it at your house?If so then let me know when.But I still need to buy the stuff to do it.:eek:
yea same here i'm thinking maybe having a meet on the first sunday in february, which is the 5th, so Anson and mike, please be available and also Paul, i will be needing ur services and i will provide lunch/dinner depending on what time we get done...other installs welcome too

#3,033 ·
volcomsoldier19 said:
yea same here i'm thinking maybe having a meet on the first sunday in february, which is the 5th, so Anson and mike, please be available and also Paul, i will be needing ur services and i will provide lunch/dinner depending on what time we get done...other installs welcome too
If you guys are okay to wait that long, I'll be there on Feb5 (I should have my mirrors to install) For those who are impatient like myself, I am still willing to offer an evening DP install/wrap. I'm available any evening next week.

#3,034 ·
ansonowicz said:
If you guys are okay to wait that long, I'll be there on Feb5 (I should have my mirrors to install) For those who are impatient like myself, I am still willing to offer an evening DP install/wrap. I'm available any evening next week.
Well im impatient like you !!! I heard that wrapping your downpipe is bad because it traps moisture which causes it to rust:eek: I dont think im going to wrap my downpipe.Im just going to mail my downpipe to Jet-Hot Coatings and they will coated and ship it back to me for $127.It also comes with a warranty.I am still willing to offer an evening DP install/wrap. :cool:

#3,035 ·
awdriving said:
Well im impatient like you !!! I heard that wrapping your downpipe is bad because it traps moisture which causes it to rust:eek: I dont think im going to wrap my downpipe.Im just going to mail my downpipe to Jet-Hot Coatings and they will coated and ship it back to me for $127.It also comes with a warranty.I am still willing to offer an evening DP install/wrap. :cool:
Once everything is dry, there is an optional sealant spray/coating/paint to prevent moisture from seeping in. But hell, for only $127 a warranty, and professional work, it sounds like a deal :thumbup:

#3,039 ·
i bought a can of that seafoam stuff and i used it on my moms car. stuff works pretty good. the car runs great now. the fun part was having all that smoke billow out of the exhaust. it seriously looked like i was doing a burnout or something

#3,042 ·
JBee said:
what kind of tires are they???

ive used the seefoam too... it was awesome. i was thinking about whether it would be a good thing using in my car.
some cheapo tires. i was going to go for some expensive ass tires but i thought about the long run. they are Exclaim from general tires. treadwear 380 on z rated tires :eek: hopefully these will last longer than my kuhmos. ive decided to buy some grippy tires for the stock 16's

#3,046 ·
hey guys my turbo is leaking oil and also maybe the cylinder ont he pasenger side closest to the fire wall, i tightend the banjo bolt on the turbo. hopefully thats the cause of the leak. i lost about 1 full bottle of oil since my last oil change. well ima check it tomorow

#3,050 ·
Alright Guys, Feb 5th Sunday, Install Meet At My House, Please Let's Start Early So We Have Time To Hang Out After, We Can Bbq If We Want To, Installs Will Start At 10am, So If You Have Something That's Going To Take A Few Hours Get There At 10am Ok.....

I'll Start The List Of Who's Going And What Project Their Doing

1. Jason-wrapping Downpipe