Subaru WRX Forum banner

SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4)

949K views 17K replies 177 participants last post by  ansonowicz 
#1 ·
i think we need an official thread to post on instead of having all these random threads. MOD! PLEASE STICKY THIS!!
k now for the roll call
#
2. Chris #2 WRX13oy

#2,930 ·
Blofe said:
What's this 28th meet about?

And "ansonowicz", where in LBC you at?
I'm on linden @ 3rd, near the performing arts center. As for the meet? I have no idea, but it'll be fun to hang out a bit.

#2,934 ·
Blofe said:
im in North LB, by Jordan High.
Still new to the town, so I have NO idea where that is. Hoping to explore the city a bit more. Have you explored the twisty roads of PV yet? I hear about them, but haven't checked it out yet.

#2,935 ·
** El Mirage Lakebed **

Just as an update to those interested:

The road to the El Mirage Dry Lakebed is very well maintained. Actually, it's a newly paved street up to about 300 yards to the lakebed itself. The lakebed is only closed due to rain, so when the mud clears up, all vehicles can drive on it again. Even with my lowered wagon, i got in & out of various dirt roads without a problem. Some guys on bikes were hoping i'd go full on rally, but just didn't feel like it.

The bed looks to be about 3 miles long and extremely flat. the surface is very hard (puts up some dust) and gravel free. The roads around the lake are much rougher and made for ATVs, dirt bikes, etc.

I talked to the ranger & found out a permit is required if I want to hold an event. although it's dirt and not a real track, the AWD drifts, high speed runs, and drags would be fun. Since it's so level, i think a Gtech Pro would provide interesting info.

What do you guys think?

#2,940 ·
hellbilly1342 said:
that place looks awesome, we need to go. did the ranger say how to get a permit?? just remounted my RE92s today and gutted my up pipe. so i'm ready for dirt.
Technically, if we're just going on some recreation driving, it won't be a problem. There are no speed limits and safety, common sense, and courtesy rule the lakebed. I didn't know how large of a group it may be. I thought it might be beneficial to have a permit if the group is large enough. That way, the lake bed is "reserved" and taped off for our use only.

If we only have a handful of people, we'll just need to call in advance for weather storms, etc to avoid closures. I still wish I had my Xterra, i'd haul all the firewood, bbq equipment, tools, etc....

If we're gonna grill, let's go all out & bring a few pigs, a couple cows, oh, and some "beverages"

#2,941 ·
we can still go camp there, I think I'll borrow a truck pluss camping equipt. is never hard to bring. I don't know if to many people are stoked on going but I'm there. The weather is the hardest thing to incorperate though. Maybe have my neighber go and bring his ATV's.:)

#2,942 ·
ansonowicz said:
Technically, if we're just going on some recreation driving, it won't be a problem. There are no speed limits and safety, common sense, and courtesy rule the lakebed. I didn't know how large of a group it may be. I thought it might be beneficial to have a permit if the group is large enough. That way, the lake bed is "reserved" and taped off for our use only.

If we only have a handful of people, we'll just need to call in advance for weather storms, etc to avoid closures. I still wish I had my Xterra, i'd haul all the firewood, bbq equipment, tools, etc....

If we're gonna grill, let's go all out & bring a few pigs, a couple cows, oh, and some "beverages"
we don't have your Xterra but we got 18 wrx/sti hahaha :rotfl:

#2,947 · (Edited)
ansonowicz said:
okay guys, any recommendations for a date? once that's agreed, i'll see how much a permit costs (if required)
There is no permits required the only bad part is that I heard they are charging $20 a vehicle to go. Since we are taking licensed vehicles in there is no problems with permits special registrations or anything. Here is a link for the lake.
http://www.ca.blm.gov/barstow/mirage.html

#2,949 ·
rx4mj said:
There is no permits required the only bad part is that I heard they are charging $20 a vehicle to go. Since we are taking licensed vehicles in there is no problems with permits special registrations or anything.]
I was admitted into the park w/ no fees whatsoever. Of course this is preemptive, but if we have 15+ soobies running around, it would be nice to have it closed off for us. There's nothiing wrong with a bit of selfishness in the name of F4, no? The ranger said if it's an official event, then a permit is absolutely required. otherwise, everyone for themselves.

#2,950 ·
sup guys i know we are growing and getting bigger but it doesn't mean i want the old members not to post or n e thing i know we are busy sometimes with skool and work but i only takes a few mins to keep us updated on whats going and all so lets try to ge the ball rolling again like it use too maybe the website will help us a lot :thumbup:

#2,951 ·
projectwrx31 said:
sup guys i know we are growing and getting bigger but it doesn't mean i want the old members not to post or n e thing i know we are busy sometimes with skool and work but i only takes a few mins to keep us updated on whats going and all so lets try to ge the ball rolling again like it use too maybe the website will help us a lot :thumbup:
WORD!