SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 1087

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Hytek714 hey guys, i need your opinion. I'm thinking of getting a FMIC on ebay for the ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714 View Post
    hey guys, i need your opinion. I'm thinking of getting a FMIC on ebay for the time being, will these FMIC do the job?
    yes. any fmic is still better than a stock tmic
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey driving in new york finally caught up with me, I just had my car towed for being 1 1/2 feet into someones driveway (5 car wide driveway that had PLENTY of room to get out). Does any one know if there is any possible way my tranny could have survived?

It was towed without the bed, meaning just the front wheels were lifted in the metal contraption.

I am looking for as much info as possible. If the tranny suffered severe problems can I hold the towing company, city responsible? would insurance cover? Sorry to hit u guys up only when I need help but I have no idea what to do.
    Thanks guys.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rx4mj View Post
    Hey driving in new york finally caught up with me, I just had my car towed for being 1 1/2 feet into someones driveway (5 car wide driveway that had PLENTY of room to get out). Does any one know if there is any possible way my tranny could have survived?

It was towed without the bed, meaning just the front wheels were lifted in the metal contraption.

I am looking for as much info as possible. If the tranny suffered severe problems can I hold the towing company, city responsible? would insurance cover? Sorry to hit u guys up only when I need help but I have no idea what to do.
    Thanks guys.

Ouch, only way to tell is to have the tranny removed & examined. When you picked your car up, did the driver explicitly mention that's how it got towed away? I'm hoping the car was at least in neutral and your DCCD was on auto.

IF ANYTHING is damaged, it would be rear diff & center diff gears. But at that point, they should just swap the whole tranny, it might be faster. And yes, the towing company is definitely responsible for not towing correctly. They will need to hash it out with your Insurance company. The dealer is the one doing the work, so they don't care where the money comes from.

Good to hear from you mike. I hear you make some "mean" cookies
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Thanks for responding so quickly, I am still trying to locate my car right now. The city said I don't have enough tickets for them to tow it, so I think it was a private tow co. wich should be responsible, but I am not a 100% sure as of yet.
    I actually chased the tow truck barefoot for a half mile,( my feet are now f$$$ed) so I saw it in a sling and the rear tires touching the ground. DCCD was on auto. But I am still freaked out a lil since I don't have that much money in my back pocket to pay for repairs. thanks for the help Anson I can always count on you, and the team.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

that sucks. i would raise hell if there is any damage to the tranny.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Thanks for responding so quickly, I am still trying to locate my car right now. The city said I don't have enough tickets for them to tow it, so I think it was a private tow co. wich should be responsible, but I am not a 100% sure as of yet.
    I actually chased the tow truck barefoot for a half mile,( my feet are now f$$$ed) so I saw it in a sling and the rear tires touching the ground. DCCD was on auto. But I am still freaked out a lil since I don't have that much money in my back pocket to pay for repairs. thanks for the help Anson I can always count on you, and the team.
    Do you think it's possible someone may have just plain ol' jacked it? Obviously someone with access to a tow rig. I'm assuming you attempted to talk to the property owner & asked if there was a particular towing company they called, etc, etc. Pride set aside, I'm hoping they'll talk to you in a civilized manner.

The night I was driving up to NorCAL to get a tune, I stopped to pick my friend up & get his gear...came out 4 min later, the wagon was gone.

I would try calling the INS company just to get a conversation going. If it's not part of a claim, they don't have any real right to start investigating.

well the guy aparently made an atempt to find out who owned it. I spoke to some people at the corner bodega (polish not gheto) and they said he was asking around for the owner before it was towed. I left a note with all my contact info and am awaiting a call.

If I don't hear back from him tomorow and the city still doesnt have it in their posession I am going to report it stolen. I am really frustrated because I have done all I can do with no results. Especially since it is all my fault.
    My main concern is that I am stuck with a messed up drivetrain. That I cant fix, this city is expensive enough as it is.

Woodford reserve is doing its best to keep me at ease, but its just not good enough. At least I am done picking the asphalt from my feet, when I chased after the tow truck.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

I feel as if someone stole my child and they are asking me to wait 24hrs before I can report it stolen. [wipes a single tear away]
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

I feel as if someone stole my child and they are asking me to wait 24hrs before I can report it stolen. [wipes a single tear away]
    Yowsa, good luck...seriously. Depending on how far the car was towed, it might not have any damage at all (less than 10mi) Is the STI still under warranty? I would definitely have it checked out. Also, is the AWD sticker still on the back window? That could be used as some argument on towing negligence. I'm sure there are some automotive type lawyers who love to take this case if it becomes an issue. Something can be worked out if they don't win, there aren't any fees (imagine how many high-end AWD cars there are in manhattan that get towed)

As for the Woodford reserve You need some good CatDaddy Moonshine

sorry to hear what is happening mike. when my wagon got towed to my house last year the tow truck driver disconneccted the driveshaft from the rear diff before he towed it. i would bet the same happened in your case. tow truck drivers are supposed to be aware of towing damages from awd cars.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

yeah sorry mike!! i hope everything is ok...
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

what do you guys think of perrin front mounts, are they any good? Will a FMIC from and 07 fit on my 05 Sti?

shouldnt the fmic fit onto any subie? i dont recall looking for year specfic intercoolers, but yea. either way it should fit, you'll just have to cut ur bumper to make it fit right.
    SOCAL F4 #25

2007 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX Stage 2

"sleep is for suckers. It's all about sleeping in the bathroom..at work." -berny277

Quote Originally Posted by Hytek714 View Post
    what do you guys think of perrin front mounts, are they any good? Will a FMIC from and 07 fit on my 05 Sti?
    They're both made for the 2.5L clearance you will be fine (just like Chad said). I did run into some close fitment problems with the washer fluid resevoir, so depending on where that's located on your vehicle, that should be the only worry.

MIKE, WHAT'S THE NEWS?!!