SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) - Page 1028

This is a discussion on SoCal WRX FlatFour (F4) within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by dragonwrx1 ****!! that sounds good hahaha Yo guys, check it. Lateral G Website...

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwrx1 View Post
    ****!! that sounds good hahaha

Yo guys, check it.

Lateral G Website
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lets go to dave n busters
    wings, beer, and games

nothing more fun than to be drunk and playing a racing game. the only legal way to drink and drive
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

mMmmMm beer
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

hey guys in about a few thousand more miles i be due to changing my tranny oil.. should i stick with OEM 75w-90 fluid? it seems like we cant even purchase a few quarts from them so i might just pay the dealership to change the oil
    Or should i find some other 75-90w at the stores to change myself which is kind of hard because alot of them are synthetic. I see all these cocktail mix but i am fine with my tranny shifting...
    thanks dudes!
    "Love each other or perish" Morrie Schwartz
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz
    06 crystal grey metallic wrx wagon SOCAL F4 #24
    MY SPACE! Hawk-Eye Alliance #039
    Originally Posted by Speedette
    "modding is a disease...but a positive disease, like Chlamydia!"

hey guys in about a few thousand more miles i be due to changing my tranny oil.. should i stick with OEM 75w-90 fluid? it seems like we cant even purchase a few quarts from them so i might just pay the dealership to change the oil
    Or should i find some other 75-90w at the stores to change myself which is kind of hard because alot of them are synthetic. I see all these cocktail mix but i am fine with my tranny shifting...
    thanks dudes!
    Since you're all stock, feel free to buy any name brand oil at local store. I like the Lucas stuff, its very slippery petrol based oil. Not synthetic. If you want to change it yourself, it's pretty easy if you have the tools and patience.

You'll see a Torx70 screw underneath the tranny. Undo it, let it drain for a long time. I raised the back of the wagon to make sure all gravity poured out the drain as well (not necessary).

Fill through the top using funnel (but you'll need to remove the TMIC). Start with 3 quarts & check with dipstick. Not everything gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    Since you're all stock, feel free to buy any name brand oil at local store. I like the Lucas stuff, its very slippery petrol based oil. Not synthetic. If you want to change it yourself, it's pretty easy if you have the tools and patience.

You'll see a Torx70 screw underneath the tranny. Undo it, let it drain for a long time. I raised the back of the wagon to make sure all gravity poured out the drain as well (not necessary).

Fill through the top using funnel (but you'll need to remove the TMIC). Start with 3 quarts & check with dipstick. Not everything gets out.
    ty anson !!! yeah i saw some of the Lucas stuff.. will look into it haha i dont feel like taking off the TMIC so imma get a funnel with a tube to it... lol i'll see whats up!
    "The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." Morrie Schwartz

ty anson !!! yeah i saw some of the Lucas stuff.. will look into it haha i dont feel like taking off the TMIC so imma get a funnel with a tube to it... lol i'll see whats up!
    Yeah, I tried the tube funnel thing and I failed miserable with the funnel I hand. Luckily my FMIC piping gives me enough room to get my hands down there & fill w/o a funnel.

I have a T70 sized bit if you need it. You'll need a 1/2" drive ratchet/breaker bar/impact to get that thing loose. When I emptied mine at 45k, it was pretty tough.

thanks dudes!
    you can purchase tranny oil from Renick subaru, thats what i did, it was $14 a quart though. I would stick to the dealer oil just in case or warrenty issues.

but you have to supply your own container because they buy there oil in bulk

hmm thanks guys for the reponses oo u might be right about that!
    Anson at 45k? hmmmm my car is barley hitting 15k.. i thought i had to change my tranny oil or should and then do it every 30k... haha hmm maybe i should try that independently owned shop here in monorovia they only allow appointments heh when it come to that time

Suby Specialties
    804 E Huntington Dr Ste C
    Monrovia, CA 91016-3661
    (626) 358-4235

http://www.subyspecialties.com/

this place i heard good things about them
    Last edited by dragonwrx1; 10-05-2007 at 03:17 PM.

Anyone biting for the fozzie? found a place yet?

canyon drive of sorts & end up at hooters? long beach is meh, but i went on a weekday. a short chase through Rancho PV. Ortega hwy? newport or costa mesa hooters. GMR / mt baldy? hwy 2? or stunt road up in the la hills?
    Dude I run GMR sometimes 2-3 times a week.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO View Post
    Dude I run GMR sometimes 2-3 times a week.
    i used to run azuza and gmr alot during the summer on my bike. damn cars cuttin corners and scattering dirt all over the turns. nothing more scary than to hit some dirt and have your front tire give out on sharp turn
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by WRX13oy View Post
    i used to run azuza and gmr alot during the summer on my bike. damn cars cuttin corners and scattering dirt all over the turns. nothing more scary than to hit some dirt and have your front tire give out on sharp turn
    Oh yeah? I run to the bathroom every morning when I need to take a dump. And there's nothing more scary when I realize I'm only using 8 fingers to piss instead of my usual 10.

Oh yeah? I run to the bathroom every morning when I need to take a dump. And there's nothing more scary when I realize I'm only using 8 fingers to piss instead of my usual 10.
    haha
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

ROFL!!!