Subaru Impreza or Mazda 6 S, which is better?

This is a discussion on Subaru Impreza or Mazda 6 S, which is better? within the South Western States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Subaru Impreza or Mazda 6 S, which is better? Why? Sorry, I am a newbie....

Why?
    Sorry, I am a newbie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You'd get a better repsonse in the car purchasing forum here.

They're both nice cars. A WRX kicks the living hell out of a Mazda anything, but the 6 is nice if you want a little more refinement and luxury to go with nice handling. Can't beat the WRX or STi for all-out performance value for the buck, though.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    Hm... GM vs. Ford question. I think the 6 interior is quite nice and I like what they've done to the rear seat and storage areas. The V6 option is attractive and the auto'box looks neat too. OTOH I'd look at the Impreza b/c of its provenance and despite the poor paint finish compared to the 6. I think the Impreza will be more practical to maintain and work on yourself too. Frankly, I'd look at the Saab 9-2x (a friend and I might go to the Saab dealer this week!) since it's an Impreza with the wagon body that's more practical than the sedan, and it's unlikely the Swedes or anyone else can mess the exterior finish up worse anyway. Plus, they've only sold a handful of cars, GM is trying to move inventory, and you might get a good deal.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

SD_GR I feel smarter everytime you post.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

well if its just the reg impreza then the v6 6 is gonna be more powerful,
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EllinikoScooby
    SD_GR I feel smarter everytime you post.
    Se efcharisto file mou!

Thanks!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Actully I'm asking about Subaru Impreza WRX vs Mazda 6 s. Thanks.

Parakalo file, esei ene poli exipnos.

The Legacy GT is a better car to compare with the Mazda 6, the WRX is not a true sedan like the 6, or the LGT.
    Honda's are like tampons every P---y has one.

I really liked the looks and handling of the 6 but was dissapointed in the fun to drive department. We came close to getting one but got the WRX instead. The Legacy GT is definitly the main competitor for the 6 though, not really the WRX and I would take the GT anyday over the 6.

BTW, we have a Mazda 3 as well and while it is a looker and handles great.....gas mileage sucks and service is the worst I have ever experienced. Is it just me or does Mazda make a lot of cars that get really crappy gas mileage relative to other cars in their class. I can understand the rotary RX-8 but I have read articles commenting on this about the 3 and the 6.