Recommendation on South Florida shop?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Recommendation on South Florida shop? within the South Eastern States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi all, New to the forum, and Florida. Looking for a good independent shop for general maintainence/repairs preferrably in the ...

Recommendation on South Florida shop?

Hi all,
    New to the forum, and Florida. Looking for a good independent shop for general maintainence/repairs preferrably in the Ft Lauderdale/Pompano area, but will travel a bit if necessary. Any advice? Stopped by Eddie Accardi Subaru, wasn't impressed. Very condescending and unproffesional. I know my way around cars, but my apt. complex frowns on doing all but the most basic work in the parking area.
    Thanks in advance,
    Keith

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool

I'm not too familar with the Ft.Lauderdale area.

but one of the most renowned Scooby Dealers in Florida is Mastro Subaru in Tampa.
    www.Mastrowrx.com

yeah they are like 4hrs away but definitely worth the trip
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-16-2005 at 08:37 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum!!

mechanic

If you are looking for a good South Florida Sube dealership, stop looking b/c they all suck. I have an awesome mechanic in delray who knows his way around them very well. has been working on mine with me religiosly over the past two years. I have been using him for 8 yrs now for multiple cars, i can honestly say he is very honest and listens to you when you talk. His name is Kurt, his shop is Kurt's European. I later found out that his first shop he ever had was a Sube shop a long time ago. hope this helps.

Thanks!

Cool, yeah I definitely prefer independent mechanics over dealers any day of the week. Thanks, I'll check him out.

Sweet! I've spent waaay too much money at the dealer to put up with their bungling nonsense anymore. I've paid out $80 to fix a chirp that's not fixed, they started a brake job and did not have pads so I had to run out and get some bendix pads + hassle a friend for a lift, and now they did extra work on my car without at least leaving me a message + forgot to put in new foglight twice! Considering their substantial markup I can't stand this.

I called up Kurt's shop recently and he is actually fairly close to where I work
    clutch, shift, gas, clutch, shift, gas, shift, clutch, gas, clutch gas, shift... oops!

Angry Delray Subaru Sucks!!!

Yeah, I hate Delray Subaru.... Friday, I had to go there for a recal item, the front left bolt on the drivers seat bracket stripped and fell out. apparently this is a recal item. So I went there and after 20min of B/S they took the car back to fix. yesterday when i went to replace the molding on the side of the seat i noticed that they didn't even fix it!!!! it was the same old bolt just shoved into the hole. (and yes, i had to replace the molding b/c for some odd reason they just left it on my back seat) Thank god they did that know, otherwise i'd be driving around with a safety issue.

Delray does suck!

Yeah, before I got your reply about Kurt's we took the car up to Delray Subaru for an oil change. For one thing it took forever, easily an hour and a half. There was a half quart of Mobil1 left over, so the mechanic set the container on the passenger seat. That would be fine if not for the nice drip of oil running down the side of it which made an even nicer stain on the seat (luckily it came out with some spot shot, in the orange and blue aerosol can, good stuff). Later noticed that the oil temp guage wasn't working. Crawled under the car and confirmed that he hadn't unplugged the drain plug when he removed it, just twisted the crap out of the wires. Also discovered that the oil fill cap wasn't tight and it had almost completely wound itself off. Needless to say, the car won't be seeing that place again.

Dont go to subaru of bird road

where ever u take ur car dont take it their they are liers and a bunch of criminals. they will try to rip u off. dont even buy parts from them . they suck a big one.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.