Subaru Challenge!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru Challenge! within the South Eastern States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey everyone! Many of you probably visit NASIOC.com as well, but I thought I would put a sticky on the ...

Exclamation Subaru Challenge!

Hey everyone! Many of you probably visit NASIOC.com as well, but I thought I would put a sticky on the Subaru Challenge that is taking place in the SE Region.

Go here for more info...

NASIOC Subaru Challenge Thread

Or even visit http://www.subaruchallenge.com/

Late breaking news on the Challenge...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...5&pagenumber=1

Let's see if we can get 70 participants!

~Allen
    Last edited by Valien; 09-05-2003 at 10:47 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.chumpmonkeygames.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I want to go to this, but have no experience on a track or AutoX -
    will this be a good thing for me to undertake? I obviously want to learn to drive the car better and find out where the car's and my limits are.
    I also want to get done with a few brake and suspension mods before I go if possible, so donations are being accepted!

Even if you have never AutoX'ed this is a good event to learn. The courses are very safe (usually 1 car at a time) and you can drive as fast or slow as you would like

I've only AutoX'ed one time and had a blast and learned a lot (amazing how much we can put a car through and still have control).

Even if you don't participate..show up and meet other Suby owners. I'm not sure if I'll run yet...but might visit and look

Also, if you mod your car..it could bump you up to the different classes (and different competition). There are some really good Suby AutoXers there!

~Allen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by acsWRX
    I want to go to this, but have no experience on a track or AutoX -
    will this be a good thing for me to undertake? I obviously want to learn to drive the car better and find out where the car's and my limits are.
    I also want to get done with a few brake and suspension mods before I go if possible, so donations are being accepted!
    This should be a great event to get started autoxing. You'll be surrounded by fellow Scoobynauts. Don't worry about being a newbie--everyone's been there. Don't worry about eating cones--they don't hurt. Don't worry about breaking your car--you're only tearing around on flat asphalt. This is an opportunity to drive your car to the limit, legally and safely.

As for mods--if you get them installed, that's great. If not, you'll just run in a less modded class. No big deal.

Even if you decide not to race, it should be worth attending just to see other cars and meet their owners.

-Dave

I'll be there

FINALLY I'll be there pimping the newest Subie in the Greenville area..my 93 Impreza L named Starr. She may not be quite the scoob Sunny was (yet) but I love her anyway.
    2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Yellow-Goldie

1993 Impreza L Amethyst-Starr

*RIP*2003 WRX Sonic Yellow-Sunny

Subaru challenge was awesome! For you SE folk who attended...we had a blast!

Nice to meet Penguinking and his roof scooped WRX

Anyways, hope more people can make it out next year!

~V
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, had a great time at the challenge.
    Thanks to event organizers and SOA for making novices feel welcome. Thanks to all the big dogs for making the novices feel waaaayyy out gunned and putting the hurt on all of us - there were some rockets there yesterday!

Let's see some pics and video!

Hope to see everybody there soon!

It was a blast. If you chickened out, you really missed out.

The only downside: seeing STIs up close and driven all-out makes me want one so bad...

Thanks to SOA, CCR SCCA, and everyone who helped organize the event.

Originally posted by LilBlueWagon
    It was a blast. If you chickened out, you really missed out.

The only downside: seeing STIs up close and driven all-out makes me want one so bad...

Thanks to SOA, CCR SCCA, and everyone who helped organize the event.
    I second all of this.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.