2012 WRX bought from New River Nissan - Christiansburg Va
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 WRX bought from New River Nissan - Christiansburg Va within the South Eastern States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey everyone! I am new to clubwrx. I just bought a 2012 WRX from New River Nissan in Christiansburg Va. ...

2012 WRX bought from New River Nissan - Christiansburg Va

Hey everyone! I am new to clubwrx. I just bought a 2012 WRX from New River Nissan in Christiansburg Va. This car has been modified by previous owners. I would like to know what has been done to it. Due to privacy acts I can not get any information from the dealer.

Here is what I can visually tell you about it. It has been lowered slightly, has black 18" XXR 530 rims, a larger Turbonetics turbo, Grimmspeed turbo controller, aftermarket motor mount, FMIC, 3" exhaust, upgraded fuel injectors, came with a cobbs tuner, custom air intake, and I'm sure much more.

There is wiring for a subwoofer, boost gauge, and I'm guessing turbo timer as well.

Looking to find the original owners to see what else has been done so I can get a true tune done on it. Let me know what other info might be useful!!

It was purchased in Covington Va by owner one, and in Clifton Forge by owner two, and I am lucky number three. New River Nissan bought it at an auction. I found this information from the CarFax.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day!!

Pr3dat0r
    Last edited by Pr3dat0r; 04-24-2015 at 03:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

I hope it's tuned properly.
    Modded cars are always a gamble.
    Do you have a way to datalog?
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

I can post, is there a better way to dialogue? I am a newb to the forum. I am running a cobbs stage two tune on it. The fuel air ratio is running rich, but it pulls well and idles well.

And thanks for the welcome!!!
    Last edited by Pr3dat0r; 04-24-2015 at 03:36 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is there a Cobb AP in the car?
    If there is an AP, go to Cobbs website and do some reading.
    You could get a Tatricx cable for logging but it's not compatible with Cobb.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Pardon my misreading lol yes I can data log with my cobbs tuner.

Downloading the AP Manager software now. I can log one data point at a time with the Cobbs AP. Not sure how helpful it will be.

Update: okay, I can log all the information through the Cobbs AP. What kind of a run should I do? I have several logs on the AP already, so I am going to delete them and start fresh.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If it has a stage 2 tune, but bigger injectors and turbo.. it is going to blow up. lol
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Only running 18.5 psi from the turbo, fuel mixture runs ritch but is not leaned out under load. No knocks from data logs.

Stage 2 tune only requires high flow cat and exhaust, intake, and 93 octane.
    Last edited by Pr3dat0r; 04-25-2015 at 08:53 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    ....and bigger injectors require more than a stage 2 tune. Unless it's been protuned to run stage 2 with the injectors, and scaled for stockish boost with the bigger turbo. Even at 18.5 psi, if the turbo is bigger, then the characteristics are vastly different.

Do you have any photos to verify that it's an aftermarket turbo, etc, or is this just all things the dealer told you?

...I know what stage 2 is.
    I have an STi with an intake and no tune, I never change my oil, and my wheel spacerz are mad tyte.

Don't have any pics yet, can get some after work. I visually checked. It is a Turbonetics turbo. Not sure which one, sent the serial numbers in to Turbonetics with no response yet.

Wasn't trying to offend you about the tune, just trying to give more info

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    OP you should log the basics - IAM, knock learning, feedback knock, rpm, throttle position, boost, boost target, wastegate duty cycle, MAF voltage or load. Upload it to google docs., set to public, and post the link. 2nd gear pull from 2.5K all the way to redline WOT the WHOLE time.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    ....and bigger injectors require more than a stage 2 tune. Unless it's been protuned to run stage 2 with the injectors, and scaled for stockish boost with the bigger turbo. Even at 18.5 psi, if the turbo is bigger, then the characteristics are vastly different.

Do you have any photos to verify that it's an aftermarket turbo, etc, or is this just all things the dealer told you?

...I know what stage 2 is.
    You lost me here. A protune is a protune - just because a Cobb AP is used for the process doesn't necessarily make it hack up of a stage II map at all. Regardless of what map is used to start, it is all adjusted in the end. That includes the fueling and timing and boost, taking into account the higher flow from the larger turbo and scaling for the larger injectors.

I see nothing in this entire thread to indicate that the car is "stage II" - the parts don't fit and there is no telling what the tune is.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dat0r View Post
    I am running a cobbs stage two tune on it. The fuel air ratio is running rich
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post

I see nothing in this entire thread to indicate that the car is "stage II" - the parts don't fit and there is no telling what the tune is.
    That's where I got that he has a cobb stage 2 tune, and not a protune.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dat0r View Post
    Only running 18.5 psi from the turbo, fuel mixture runs ritch but is not leaned out under load. No knocks from data logs.

Stage 2 tune only requires high flow cat and exhaust, intake, and 93 octane.
    Just FYI - the off the shelf maps do not have "minimum" requirements like that - you have to have the exact specified parts types.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    That's where I got that he has a cobb stage 2 tune, and not a protune.
    Sorry I missed it. Yeah, he can't do that. It could easily be rich enough that it is doing damage.

OP what did you do, change the map? Do you still have the original that came loaded? Or is that the one you are calling stage II?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.