Are there WREX's in NC?

This is a discussion on Are there WREX's in NC? within the South Eastern States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; A few months ago I took my almost yearly trek to North Carolina to visit friends. This time instead of ...

Are there WREX's in NC?

A few months ago I took my almost yearly trek to North Carolina to visit friends. This time instead of taking the SUV, we decided to take the WRX. We packed my 8 yr old twins in the back with DVD players and started the ride. All through the northeast, I saw lots of other rex's and dutifully waved Once I got further south, they got fewer and farther between. By the time I arrived in Wilmington, I didn't see any at all.

While in Wilmington, we stayed with friends in Landfall, which is a gated community with alot of fast fancy cars. I got so many appreciative looks and comments from people with cars that cost more than twice that of my little rally hatch. My car was a rare thing there, it seems.

Any WRX owners from that area? Did you have a hard time finding one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my dad lives up in wilmington. im in Beaufort SC

There's definitely less than in the north east, but they are around - just hiding. There really isn't enough snow (outside the mountains) to justify having an AWD car. I think you'll see a lot less non-turbo Subarus down here for sure, but there's probably more WRXs around the cities. I autoX mine all over and there really is much less WRX/STI turnout than there was back in MD.

I do get a lot more looks and compliments here as well, which is pretty funny.