Are there WREX's in NC?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Are there WREX's in NC? within the South Eastern States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; A few months ago I took my almost yearly trek to North Carolina to visit friends. This time instead of ...

Are there WREX's in NC?

A few months ago I took my almost yearly trek to North Carolina to visit friends. This time instead of taking the SUV, we decided to take the WRX. We packed my 8 yr old twins in the back with DVD players and started the ride. All through the northeast, I saw lots of other rex's and dutifully waved Once I got further south, they got fewer and farther between. By the time I arrived in Wilmington, I didn't see any at all.

While in Wilmington, we stayed with friends in Landfall, which is a gated community with alot of fast fancy cars. I got so many appreciative looks and comments from people with cars that cost more than twice that of my little rally hatch. My car was a rare thing there, it seems.

Any WRX owners from that area? Did you have a hard time finding one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my dad lives up in wilmington. im in Beaufort SC

There's definitely less than in the north east, but they are around - just hiding. There really isn't enough snow (outside the mountains) to justify having an AWD car. I think you'll see a lot less non-turbo Subarus down here for sure, but there's probably more WRXs around the cities. I autoX mine all over and there really is much less WRX/STI turnout than there was back in MD.

I do get a lot more looks and compliments here as well, which is pretty funny.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.