North Carolina Anyone?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on North Carolina Anyone? within the South Eastern States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just wanted to start a thread for any proud suby owners from NC. I see them around, but what I ...

North Carolina Anyone?

Just wanted to start a thread for any proud suby owners from NC. I see them around, but what I don't see is a community for them. I can be found hanging around Locust / Cabarrus county area...blue 03 bugeye.

Also looking for a local track to simply have some fun on. not looking for competitive racing or trading paint, just want to legally test the rex's limits

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum! I'm in Charlotte (Huntersville, actually). There is the Central Carolinas Subaru Club:

CarolinaSubies.com • Index page

I've seen them at meets in the past in the area.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Whats up! I live in Randolph County, North Carolina. You can find me around High Point, Thomsville, and Archdale. I just got myself a 2005 WRX and I have absolutely no idea what I should do with my first mods, EM, etc.. So ay help is appreciated!

Nice! is your 2005 stock? I'd probably start with just the basics: a good cold air intake, exhaust, etc... I guess it really comes down to how much $ you have to work with.

I'm eager to clean mine up and take some good photos. I have some body parts coming from japan so I'll probably wait for those to arrive and install before taking some shots.

nice to have another carolinian in the group! hope it keeps growing...maybe we can all have a meet sometime when the weather gets nicer

im in summerville sc but im from statesville nc. statesville is like 30 min north of charlotte where 77 and 40 cross. i'll be movin back to NC as soon as i get out of the air force but im always going back to NC like once a month.

great! looks like we may have a little community of NC rexes growing. maybe we can all have a small meet once spring comes around.

and thanks for your service to our country and upholding our freedoms!

im down for a meet when the weather is nicer!!

I'm in NC and have a blue 03 bugeye as well. i just got mine 3 or 4 weeks ago and its stock. I'm down for a meet whenever.

superb! if we decide to meet, where would be a good central location for everyone? I'm in the charlotte area, about 30 miles due east of charlotte to be exact. Anyone ever heard of the little town of locust? close to oakboro, NC?

Oakboro is where they have the monthly 'cruise in' and burnout contest. people come from all over to meet and show off their rides.

so what are your plans for your new stock bugeye?

I'm in Raleigh. I've never heard of locust but i don't mind drivin out to roll with some other rex's. I don't know if anyone has ever heard of it, but theres this road called the tail of the dragon out in western nc on the border with tennessee. I saw a couple youtube videos and some research and its 318 turns in 11 miles and basically scooby heaven. Maybe we could have a meet out there? - I just figured if we're gonna meet we should definitely take advantage of the best part about the scooby = AWD.

I don't really have big plans for it since its really my daily driver but I wouldn't mind doing an auto-x. I'm in college and broke so for now I'm just saving some money for a borla xr-1 catback and invidia downpipe. I have the manufacturer installed shortshifter and I wanna get rid of the ugly yellow cornerlights and replace em with some nice clear ones. I also have coilover springs that lower my car but I don't know how much it's lowered or what springs are in but the guy that had it before me took really great care of the car so I'm sure they're quality. Any suggestions, criticisms, thoughts, or contributions otherwise would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Scooby22; 02-17-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Charlotte NC here. I have a silver 02 bugeye. I am down for a meet.

When would you guys like to meet?
    Last edited by Scooby22; 02-17-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    High Country area here. Unfortunately too busy to meet and we're getting hammered with snow again today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    Whats up! I live in Randolph County, North Carolina. You can find me around High Point, Thomsville, and Archdale. I just got myself a 2005 WRX and I have absolutely no idea what I should do with my first mods, EM, etc.. So ay help is appreciated!
    It is all spelled out for you here:
    First Modifications - what to do and not to do
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i've heard of the dragon run. its a big thing on 8thcivic.com. I'm down to meet near Charlotte. Maybe Mooresville or something. Boone would be awesome to have a meet. I used to go to school at App so i'm always looking for an excuse to go to Boone! Lol

Boone sounds fun. Any ideas on some roads to cruise through?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.