***WARNING*** Do not got to Southeast Subaru

This is a discussion on ***WARNING*** Do not got to Southeast Subaru within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; The wrx threw a cel code a few weeks back. On cold starts it would idle rough, but once it ...

***WARNING*** Do not got to Southeast Subaru

The wrx threw a cel code a few weeks back. On cold starts it would idle rough, but once it warmed up it was fine. I started making plans to drop the car off and get it checked out. I spoke with Jonathon, the Service Manager, at Southeast Subaru to see if my mods would b an issue. At this point all I had on the car was a bov, and a cut out in the exhaust. He assured me that unless the problem was directly caused by the mod it wouldn't be a problem.

2 weeks later I finally get a chance to drop the car off. The rough idle has gotten worse and now persist even when the car is warm. Since the mods were minimal, and to alleviate any issue I return the car to stock. 30 minutes later I'm running the stock catback and stock bov.

Dropped the car off 5 ish Tuesday evening.

I hadn't heard from Jonathon by close to 11 on Wed so I call him up. He gives me **** saying the car has been modified. "Well no **** I told you it was" He said he's not sure it will be covered under warranty. I ***** at him a bit tell him the cel code it was hrowing 0508 isn't uncommon and it not related at all to the bov. After I threaten to come pick the car up he says he'll see what he can do.

Thursday morning 8 am

More **** about the car being modded, he'll see what he can do.

Thursday 5 pm.

"Again Jonathon never calls me I have to call him"

Yeah uhhh we found the problem. An air sensor had gone bad. We covered it under warranty, but your're gonna have a bill from me.

WTF for

He says he had to get the car back to stock to tell what the problem was. That unless the car is absolutle stock he can't touch it. "BIG change from out previous conversations"

Said he spent an hour doing what takes me 10 minutes. "He replaced a gasket on the bov and put a bolt in.
    I expressly told him those parts were not the cause of the problem, to look elsewhere, but yet he went ahead and did what he wanted. Now he expects me to pay and hour or so labor charges for stuff I told him not to do.

I'm going tomorrow to pick up the car, and I''m sure have another argument.

I don't remember signiing anything when I dropped it off, so unless I'm liable those guyes are ****ed.

I'll try to work it out with the GM and report back afterwords.
    Totally stock...yep uh huh :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Southeast Subaru is actually where I just bought my '05 WRX and my experience was excelent overall.

Except for a little fiasco with getting the keys from the dealer in Houston that they ordered the car from, I felt that I got pretty good service from the managment and the sales guys. The key thing wasn't really their fault but it could have been handled a little better.

I did have a brief conversation with Johnathan, the service mgr, about our keyless entry remotes. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but I couldn't be sure.

I'd talk to Vince Garafola, he's the owner. He's a really nice guy and I can't imagine that he'd let their service dept. charge for work that you didn't agree to.

Just explain to Vince that all Johnathan had to do was give you a call BEFORE he did the work and, one way or another, you guys could have come to an agreement.

You brought your vehicle in for WARRANTY service with the understanding that any billable work would have been brought to your attention before it was done.

Based on my experience with them they aren't going to jerk you around on this. But, my impressions are based on me going in there and dropping ~$24,000 on the table so what do I know.
    Last edited by jdevee1; 08-12-2004 at 05:15 PM.