Subaru WRX Forum banner

Louisiana subies post here!

38K views 383 replies 50 participants last post by  borderstates 
#1 ·
Posting here because there is too much traffic to wade through at NASIOC. I have to look through 2 dozen posts from Atlanta and Florida to find anything there. Sooooooo, if you are from the crawfish capital of the world, post here and make yourself known.

#178 ·
ok i got the wrong part again from subaru parts. so far thats the 3 time.

i'm missing the seal on the injector tip(side that the fuel sprays into the engin)

it's really not a ring, but more of a seal that connects the injector to the slot the injector goes in.

can ne one help me with the part number, i believe its part # 16608
and if that part is correct which of the 2 should i order since theres 2 parts to number 16608

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?model=5A&year=2002&style=WRX&body=sedan&scn=0&category=050-1

#179 ·
Vihn, I am a little confused about what you need.
From the diagram there are 2 parts at the seating point of the injector. Parts#: 16608 and 16698 (No. 2)

I would email or call those guys and ask them if they can help. Or get us some pics or something.

Personally, I would buy a couple of each just to make sure something would be right. ;)

Disclaimer: I have never messed with injectors.

chud

#181 ·
Doyou need the one at the top of the injector that fits in the fuel rail, or the ring at the bottom that sits in the manifold? IIRC, there was a vendor that was selling a kit with all new rings for injectors. I'll see if I can find the site. I've changed injectors 3 or 4 times and I only remember there being 2 on each one. The one on the bottom that sits in the manifold is kind of thick and has a habit ofcoming off and getting stuck in there.

#188 ·
not a bad idea...ne body live by the shreveport area?

all the car enthusiasts, if u can call them that, meet every fri-sat and do races.

wondering if ne body goes to those...evo's have been dominating up there but when i went up there w/ stage 2 i beat everyone i raced. (srt-4,3000gt...)

#193 ·
Yea the one in covington. Koby subaru in mobile Al. tore my car apart and decided not to cover it and handing me my transmission and other parts of my car back to me in cardboard boxes so i need to fond someone that can put it all back together he shortly when my sti ra tranny comes in. Cause i think there some tings missing and im not really sure how to put it back together.

#194 ·
EmsTraumajunke said:
Yea the one in covington. Koby subaru in mobile Al. tore my car apart and decided not to cover it and handing me my transmission and other parts of my car back to me in cardboard boxes so i need to fond someone that can put it all back together he shortly when my sti ra tranny comes in. Cause i think there some tings missing and im not really sure how to put it back together.
I hear that Performance Subaru in New Orleans is very mod freindly but I've never had work done there either.

#196 ·
I got some stuff done at Performance but i only have bad things to say about that place. The guy who does the work name is Dale Dumas and hes a lazy mo fo and hes moody like a lil girl. Seriously like one day he'll be like " yeah sure i can do that" and the next be like O maybe not. Most of the time he just sits there and gets his son to do most of the work. Anyways yeah performance sucks but i guess if you got the money the job will get DONE bu t the quality sucks. If you got any questions just give me a call 504 251 7040... Mo

#198 ·
i got my part in, its the right one so i'm very happy. got the seals on the injectors on one side but never had enuf time to do the other side.

other than that i'm all done, nervous about crankin up my car its been so long.

i have a few questions though, i heard from somewhere that i had to pour oil into the top of the turbo(where the metal oil/coolant? line is, directly in the middle of the turbo held down buy a bolt)

also my coolant is all gone, should i fill up all the coolant resevoirs? like the small coolant box that has like five hoses comin out of it by the airbox and injectors.

#199 ·
EmsTraumajunke said:
Hey nice wagon! You have great taste in choosing color and model.
Black Wagonz Ownz!!!!!

I had my RA gearset installed at Performance by Dale. It was the first set he did, I have over 20,000 miles on the gears, and have had no trouble related to the work he did on the transmission. Now it did take too long, but that is another story.

They do lots of modding for people who want aftermarket stuff done. Early on, they were doing Cobb Stages 1&2, MRT kits, and I think presently APS stages.

You can call me also, if you like: 504-473-1352.
chad

#200 ·
Definately fill up the coolant reservoir. fire it up, let it run a bit, and add more coolant. You may have to fill it up a few times. Pour a little bit of oil in the top of the turbo, right where the metal line goes in. It will lubricate the bearings/bushings. Even at idle the turbine spins at over 5k! Imagine spinning that fast with no lube.

Glad to hear that the seals were the right ones. Now get that thing on the road and start kicking some ass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.