Subaru WRX Forum banner

Louisiana subies post here!

38K views 383 replies 50 participants last post by  borderstates 
#1 ·
Posting here because there is too much traffic to wade through at NASIOC. I have to look through 2 dozen posts from Atlanta and Florida to find anything there. Sooooooo, if you are from the crawfish capital of the world, post here and make yourself known.

#104 ·
Hey rickyh,

I dont know of anyone in LA running H2O injection. I dont know much about it, but shouldnt you use pure water. It seems like the blue washer fluid would leave a precipitate behind in the combustion chamber.

But then again, I dont know much about WI.

AND..... Are you going to IFO?

#105 ·
wish I could go. I am working all night. I get off at 730 am, and I have to be back at 7 pm for another 12 hours.

the blue windshield fluid is 40% methanol. I was using plain water, and it did allow me to run a bit more boost and timing, but I have read about people making more power with the blue stuff so I thought I'd give it a try.

#107 ·
Actually it is the blue stuff in your wiper tank :) As far as meeting up, I usually have time during the week, but work most weekends. I'd really like to go to npr one day and see what kind of times I can get, but it would probably have to be on a weekday.

#108 ·
rickyh said:
Actually it is the blue stuff in your wiper tank :) As far as meeting up, I usually have time during the week, but work most weekends. I'd really like to go to npr one day and see what kind of times I can get, but it would probably have to be on a weekday.
We should goto a Test-n-Tune on a Wed. I could leave right after work and meet you out there or we could caravan.

I need to go some time and see what my 1/4mi times are. Yesterday they only gave us times for the1/8th. :unhappy:
I was haveing boost control problems also. Good thing I got the race gas or might have blown up my engine.

#109 ·
chudlo said:
We should goto a Test-n-Tune on a Wed. I could leave right after work and meet you out there or we could caravan.

I need to go some time and see what my 1/4mi times are. Yesterday they only gave us times for the1/8th. :unhappy:
I was haveing boost control problems also. Good thing I got the race gas or might have blown up my engine.
If ya'll go next wed, the 9th, I'll meet you at the track. I work right by the sunshine bridge.

I went a couple a fridays ago and only got one run.
After my first run it got dark and they couldn't get the lights at the end of the track to work.
So they cut it down to 1/8 mile on us. I didn't even bother with it and went home.
It was my first pass in my STI. I did a 13.51 with a crappy 60 foot.
Really wanted to work it down, but didn't waste my time on the 1/8.

#110 ·
chudlo said:
Hakira, welcome.

Are you going to Import Face Off tomorrow? If you go look for me. I have a black wagon that is pictured earlier in this thread.

Thanks, I live in Germany right now. ( in the army) I wish I could go to some meets and do some 1/4 to see how much power I got.

Heh, I've been on these forums for awhile and I didn't think this many people owned wrx's in orleans area.

#111 ·
wrmax2002 said:
If ya'll go next wed, the 9th, I'll meet you at the track. I work right by the sunshine bridge.

I went a couple a fridays ago and only got one run.
After my first run it got dark and they couldn't get the lights at the end of the track to work.
So they cut it down to 1/8 mile on us. I didn't even bother with it and went home.
It was my first pass in my STI. I did a 13.51 with a crappy 60 foot.
Really wanted to work it down, but didn't waste my time on the 1/8.
Hey man that sounds good. I will have to check to see what is happening next week and clear it with my wife. I may be able to get some other WRX peeps out there.

#112 ·
hakira said:
Thanks, I live in Germany right now. ( in the army) I wish I could go to some meets and do some 1/4 to see how much power I got.

Heh, I've been on these forums for awhile and I didn't think this many people owned wrx's in orleans area.
There are more and more each month it seems. I just met a guy that lives about 30 seconds from my Mom's house and had no idea he was there.

Next time your on leave, let us know and we can maybe plan a welcome home party for ya.

#115 ·
chudlo said:
There are more and more each month it seems. I just met a guy that lives about 30 seconds from my Mom's house and had no idea he was there.

Next time your on leave, let us know and we can maybe plan a welcome home party for ya.
That would be cool, thanks :)

#118 ·
The forcast is calling for rain wed, so I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorow to decide if I'm going to NPR.
If we do go, my girlfriends brother-in-law is taking his 8sec. turbo mustang out there.
You got to hear this thing run, it's sick.
If it don't break it's somethin to see.

#126 ·
wrmax2002 said:
Well, I work about 15 min from the track and it rained for about 10min today and then the sun came out. :mad:
The next wed I could possibly go would be the 30th.
HAHA.
I just talked to my GF brother-n-law and he said it started to pour as soon as he got into the staging lanes.
Too bad for him, but we made the right choice in not going last night.
Maybe we can get together some other Wed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.