Louisiana subies post here! - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 382

This is a discussion on Louisiana subies post here! within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX Details at http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174836 Bring your WRX or STi out to Belle Chasse on August 12th for ...

  1. #301
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX View Post
    Details at WRX/STi Vs EVO Autocross August 12th
    Bring your WRX or STi out to Belle Chasse on August 12th for the WRX/STi Vs. EVO autocross. Go to the thread posted above for details. Event is hosted by Delta Region SCCA and pre-registration is REQUIRED.

    Don't make me do this by myself...again. I had to set FTD against the EVOs at the last event I ran in January. Now there are more EVOs and they've run several events to my none, so I could use some help this time out. I know some of you guys are drivers and looking for something to do with your Subies. What could be more fun than making an EVO owner wish they had spent their hard-earned money on a Subaru?

    Thanks in advance,

    Curtis
    Is this an Annual event?
    I live in Baton Rouge and never heard of it.
    I've been looking for car events (locally) to go to......especially Subie events.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #302
    Registered User bboylocob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    137
    idunno if it is annually at belle chase but they do have events all the time here and at npr.


    but as far as belle chase airforce base they use to have drag/road racing events all the time but for some reason they stopped.i hope this is the beginning of a new day for them to allow more events there.

  4. #303
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by bboylocob View Post
    idunno if it is annually at belle chase but they do have events all the time here and at npr.


    but as far as belle chase airforce base they use to have drag/road racing events all the time but for some reason they stopped.i hope this is the beginning of a new day for them to allow more events there.
    Looks like I'm too late for this one though. It says you have to email them by last month just to be a spectator.
    I try to go to all the Midnight Madness that NPR has.
    I'm tired of having to drive out of state for good car events.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  5. #304
    Registered User TurbeauxREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Des Allemands, La.
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    Looks like I'm too late for this one though. It says you have to email them by last month just to be a spectator.
    I try to go to all the Midnight Madness that NPR has.
    I'm tired of having to drive out of state for good car events.
    First, if you're in the Baton rouge area, go to http://www.autoxforum.com/forums/index.php?act=idx and look in the Louisiana forums under Delta and CENLA for autocross and track events. There is something going on usually at least twice per month with those two clubs. Then there is Red River Region in Shreveport and SOWELA in Lafayette. These are the four SCCA regions in Louisiana, which all host autocross events.

    As for your comment in the post above:

    No, you're not too late. But why would you want to spectate when you can participate? Anyway, Pre-registration is open until Midnight of August 8th.

    To answer your question in your previous post, this is not an annual event, though it could become one. It is simply our (Delta Region SCCA) regularly scheduled autocross event. Sometimes they do "themed" events to highlight a specific marque of vehicle or vehicles. This time it's the rally-inspired cars. The event is open to all makes and models and there is a class for any vehicle regardless of what mods you might have.

    If you want to race or just come out and have a look everything you need to know is in my earlier post @ WRX/STi Vs EVO Autocross August 12th
    or @ http://delta-scca.org/info/nextevent/:

    Curtis
    My username on autocross forum is CVBJr

    2007 BASE REGULATIONS

    The Navy graciously lets Delta Region autocross at their base, provided we follow their rules. Base security requires Delta to sumbit a list of all drivers and spectators to enter the base. No one, and we do mean NO ONE, will be allowed to enter the base unless pre-registered. We can not "talk to the rear gate" to get anyone in.

    We will be accepting online pre-registration ONLY (pre-register on DLB Racing's website: http://www.dlbracing.com). Drivers who pre-register are added to the base access list.

    Passengers, spectators and any other persons must e-mail their information to delta_guest@charter.net. Please include the guest's full name (Last, First MI) and their driver's license number; if the person is a minor, please note that. If you think you might make it, go ahead and register to be on the list, just in case.

    All persons MUST show a valid, state-issued ID to gain base access.

    Pre-registration and the guest list will close the Wednesday before the event. This allows us to notify the base of who will be attending. Deadline: Wednesday, August 8th.

    All base access will be through the FRONT gate.

    There may be other restrictions, so check online for the latest information.

  6. #305
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX View Post
    First, if you're in the Baton rouge area, go to http://www.autoxforum.com/forums/index.php?act=idx and look in the Louisiana forums under Delta and CENLA for autocross and track events. There is something going on usually at least twice per month with those two clubs. Then there is Red River Region in Shreveport and SOWELA in Lafayette. These are the four SCCA regions in Louisiana, which all host autocross events.

    As for your comment in the post above:

    No, you're not too late. But why would you want to spectate when you can participate? Anyway, Pre-registration is open until Midnight of August 8th.

    To answer your question in your previous post, this is not an annual event, though it could become one. It is simply our (Delta Region SCCA) regularly scheduled autocross event. Sometimes they do "themed" events to highlight a specific marque of vehicle or vehicles. This time it's the rally-inspired cars. The event is open to all makes and models and there is a class for any vehicle regardless of what mods you might have.

    If you want to race or just come out and have a look everything you need to know is in my earlier post @ WRX/STi Vs EVO Autocross August 12th
    or @ http://delta-scca.org/info/nextevent/:

    Curtis
    My username on autocross forum is CVBJr

    2007 BASE REGULATIONS

    The Navy graciously lets Delta Region autocross at their base, provided we follow their rules. Base security requires Delta to sumbit a list of all drivers and spectators to enter the base. No one, and we do mean NO ONE, will be allowed to enter the base unless pre-registered. We can not "talk to the rear gate" to get anyone in.

    We will be accepting online pre-registration ONLY (pre-register on DLB Racing's website: http://www.dlbracing.com). Drivers who pre-register are added to the base access list.

    Passengers, spectators and any other persons must e-mail their information to delta_guest@charter.net. Please include the guest's full name (Last, First MI) and their driver's license number; if the person is a minor, please note that. If you think you might make it, go ahead and register to be on the list, just in case.

    All persons MUST show a valid, state-issued ID to gain base access.

    Pre-registration and the guest list will close the Wednesday before the event. This allows us to notify the base of who will be attending. Deadline: Wednesday, August 8th.

    All base access will be through the FRONT gate.

    There may be other restrictions, so check online for the latest information.
    Ok thanks for the info........but what if I just want to come watch the event, do I have to register or give my name to someone or just show up??
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  7. #306
    Registered User TurbeauxREX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Des Allemands, La.
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    Ok thanks for the info........but what if I just want to come watch the event, do I have to register or give my name to someone or just show up??
    I purposely highlighted that specific information bold red text. Please read it.

    Thanks,

    Curtis

  8. #307
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by TurbeauxREX View Post
    I purposely highlighted that specific information bold red text. Please read it.

    Thanks,

    Curtis
    I'm on the list. See you Sunday!!!
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  9. #308
    Registered User Yulri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    89
    Hey just got my 07 wrx tr and have had it for probably only 3 weeks now. I think i saw a guy with the older style 06? front end in yellow on siegan once and he waved to me. It was kinda funny because we only waved to each other because we both had a wrx. I must admit I LOLD I was just sorta curious if that guy was here

  10. #309
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulri View Post
    Hey just got my 07 wrx tr and have had it for probably only 3 weeks now. I think i saw a guy with the older style 06? front end in yellow on siegan once and he waved to me. It was kinda funny because we only waved to each other because we both had a wrx. I must admit I LOLD I was just sorta curious if that guy was here
    A yellow '06 WRX??
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  11. #310
    Registered User Yulri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    89
    yeah sorry about that forgot to mention that slight feature. Yeah it was a yellow wrx... didnt look like a sti because it had the wrx wing. Since it's not the same front end as mine and i dont think it looked like the older bugeye I think its the 06 style before they changed it to the same style your front end and mine has.

  12. #311
    Registered User bboylocob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    new orleans
    Posts
    137
    that would be the 04-05model.

  13. #312
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulri View Post
    yeah sorry about that forgot to mention that slight feature. Yeah it was a yellow wrx... didnt look like a sti because it had the wrx wing. Since it's not the same front end as mine and i dont think it looked like the older bugeye I think its the 06 style before they changed it to the same style your front end and mine has.
    I guess he painted it cause they didn't offer yellow on the 04 & 05 models.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  14. #313
    Registered User Yulri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    89
    hmmm yeah i guess so... if it was painted then it was a pretty good job because it looked like it came from the factory that way. hah out of curiosity do any of you guys in baton rouge goto those thursday night things at buffalo wild wings? It used to be fun watching what type of random cars would show up

  15. #314
    Registered User 4me2drv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by Yulri View Post
    hmmm yeah i guess so... if it was painted then it was a pretty good job because it looked like it came from the factory that way. hah out of curiosity do any of you guys in baton rouge goto those thursday night things at buffalo wild wings? It used to be fun watching what type of random cars would show up
    Never heard of anything car related going on there. You talkin' about Buffalo Wild Wings on Blue Bonnet? When do they have the show or get together??
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

    **Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

  16. #315
    Registered User Yulri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    89
    iono if they still do it but it used to be a pretty decently big ricer event. It was funny seeing civics and rx 7s with underglow on their cars and...nothing else. iono where they meet up nowadays but they still do stop by the buffalo wild wings on bluebonnet. They used to take up that whole rear part of the parking lot in front of the grocery store

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •