Louisiana subies post here! - Page 16
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Louisiana subies post here! within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by jdevee1 What year did you graduate? I was MHS class of '97 Um....shhhhh... I graduated in '90........ ...

Quote Originally Posted by jdevee1
    What year did you graduate? I was MHS class of '97

Um....shhhhh... I graduated in '90........

Was Mr Soto still there? Coach Gaines?

I miss the NS....
    Now with more V8 powa!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

OK.....my car ran great today, i thought i was trouble free...but then it started over heating.
    Is that cause my coolant never circulated yet? i didnt fill up the coolant reservoir by the turbo...is that my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    i filled up my coolant by the radiator, but i can't fill up the second,smaller , resevoir. the cap can loosen but wont open...would i have to unscrew the 5 bolts that holds the entire lid down to fill it up with coolant?
    The reservoir cap is kinda delicate. Be careful removing it. But if you can losen it you should be able to remove it. Just turn and pull up gently until it can be pulled straight up.
    Then get some coolant in there, you are probably low if you are overheating. Filling up the overflow is not as good as getting it in the reservoir and getting the level up to where it needs to be.
    Now with more V8 powa!

dumb question...which one is the overflow tank? shouldn't coolant spread through my lines through time? also should i worry about air bubbles?

Quote Originally Posted by chudlo
    Um....shhhhh... I graduated in '90........

Was Mr Soto still there? Coach Gaines?

I miss the NS....
    HA! I'm not the oldest one here. '92
    Your signature sucks

dumb question...which one is the overflow tank? shouldn't coolant spread through my lines through time? also should i worry about air bubbles?
    Vinh, check posts 205 and 206 where ricky and I posted links to the coolant faqs. It would be best if you read them again, as they describe in detail what to do.

And
    1. the overflow tank is right next to the radiator.
    2. not fast enough
    3. yes

later
    Now with more V8 powa!

Quote Originally Posted by wrmax2002
    HA! I'm not the oldest one here. '92

Damn you!
    Now with more V8 powa!

I'm an old fart at 33 yrs old.

I left my windows down yesterday when I got home from work. I went inside, went to sleep and it poured. Now my car smells like mildew.......good think I have the blue sti carpet on the way. I just have to deal with the smell for a week. Febreze time!

Maybe I can use this as an excuse to justify purchasing some v7 seats?

I'm happy to say my car is now running! it's been so long it just feels nice to drive it around. You've guys have been alot of help and i must say i learned alot workin on my car...

i believe the next mod is a chargespeed v2 kit, a forum member on nabisco is selling an authentic kit for 300, price dropped from 500.

i have the jdm replica front bumper but i haven't decided if i wanted cs front or jdm front...opinions?

I'm happy to say my car is now running! it's been so long it just feels nice to drive it around. You've guys have been alot of help and i must say i learned alot workin on my car...

i believe the next mod is a chargespeed v2 kit, a forum member on nabisco is selling an authentic kit for 300, price dropped from 500.

i have the jdm replica front bumper but i haven't decided if i wanted cs front or jdm front...opinions?
    Nabisco? Is this some new Scooby snack?
    Hook me up with that URL.
    Your signature sucks

Quote Originally Posted by rickyh
    I'm an old fart at 33 yrs old.

I left my windows down yesterday when I got home from work. I went inside, went to sleep and it poured. Now my car smells like mildew.......good think I have the blue sti carpet on the way. I just have to deal with the smell for a week. Febreze time!

Maybe I can use this as an excuse to justify purchasing some v7 seats?
    That sucks. I did the same thing with my work car(01 Chevy Metro ) awile back. Left the windows down all day while at work.
    Fabreze works really well for awile, but I got to spray it every couple a weeks or it starts to smell again.
    Your signature sucks

Yeah, it stinks like sour milk! I'm gonna pull all the carpet out this weekend. I'lldrive around without any until my ;new carpet comes ;in on wednesday or thursday.

I think we have the longest thread in the south central states forum!

Yeah, it stinks like sour milk! I'm gonna pull all the carpet out this weekend. I'lldrive around without any until my ;new carpet comes ;in on wednesday or thursday.
    FYI: You might want to replace the jute under the carpet. Especially if you are getting an STI interior. When my car got flooded they just ripped the jute out and put new in. The carpet was shampooed and I havnt had any smell problems.

I think we have the longest thread in the south central states forum!
    Yay!!!! We rule!

Although, I think it is sad I havent met many of you, and most of you are pretty close.
    Now with more V8 powa!

I'm going to get a roll of carpet padding. It is pretty cheap at most carpet/flooring places. My seats aren't too bad, but I'm gonna change em anyway.

I would like to meet some people, but my weekends and evenings are pretty much booked with work and family. I do have some free time in the mornings and afternoons.

I would really like to get together with you guys and go to the track some time. I have never been to NPR before and I would really like to see what kind of quarter mile times I can get.

Anybody want to roll there Fenders?

I am thinking about doing this so that I can get some 8" wide rims on my wagon.

It is $50 for five days and if I can get just a couple more people it could be Very reasonable money wise.

Then I would have to buy wheels and tires!

Let me know if your interested.
    Now with more V8 powa!