Louisiana subies post here! - Page 15
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Louisiana subies post here! within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by nudelgruven Having gone to both Baldwin and Performance, I'd definitely have to say bring your car to ...

Quote Originally Posted by nudelgruven
    Having gone to both Baldwin and Performance, I'd definitely have to say bring your car to Performance. Baldwin doesn't seem to have anyone on staff over there that I'd trust to work on my WRX, not even my Legacy, really. I live down the street from Baldwin, and I'd rather drive 40 miles across the lake to have Performance take a look at it.
    In Mandeville, though, there is Munchen (actually pronounced Munich). They sell and work on bimmers and benzes, but the guys that work there really know their stuff when it comes to mods! I'd expect to shell out some serious green, though.

BTW, anyone heading to the SCCA autox this weekend or next?
    Welcome! Another Subie owner in LA! Yay!

I will be in Austin this weekend, so no auto-x for me.

And you have a Leagcy? GT? color....etc.......
    I went to HS in Mandeville. Some time soon, I hope to make a visit to the NS.

later,
    chad
    Now with more V8 powa!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey, Chad.

Actually, you already know me and my car. It's Lonny, the guy with the blue wagon that runs D-Stock at the autocrosses. You know, I still owe you some video of you driving at the autoX back in February.
    As far as the Legacy, yeah, it's an 02 GT wagon, platinum silver. As far as I've seen, I think it's the only one registered in the whole freakin' state!

There's supposed to be another autoX next weekend as well. I'm kind of hoping that they reschedule the one next weekend, 'cause I'd rather not drive out to Belle Chasse two weeks in a row!

Hey, do you guys know a good way to clean up engine oil? and if it's harmful if theres oil on the turbo or engine?

Quote Originally Posted by chudlo
    I went to HS in Mandeville. Some time soon, I hope to make a visit to the NS.

later,
    chad
    What year did you graduate? I was MHS class of '97

We need more D-Stockers at the CENLA events. Last time it was me and one other guy in a BMW 330. The month before there was no one running in D-Stock.

Theres a night Auto-X at the State Police EVO center on 8/20. I went to one several months ago at Lamar Dixon and was completely turned off by the level of disorganization. I decided to give it another chance and this one was great, just not enough competition in my class.
    Last edited by jdevee1; 07-29-2005 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    Hey, do you guys know a good way to clean up engine oil? and if it's harmful if theres oil on the turbo or engine?
    You mean from in the engine compartment? I've used a engine degreaser/detailing combo from AutoZone before. I believe it was made by "CD2". It's 2 cans one of degreaser and one of this detailing spray. You spray it on and hose it off a few minutes later. After that you spray on the detail spray and let it dry. It makes everything clean and shiny.

If you got it on the concrete and it's still wet then spread some cat litter over it. Allow it to absorb for a while then sweep it up. After that you can try laundry detergent to get the stain off but you usually cant get it completely off.

Well, the s202 wing is on backorder. No one has em in stock. Sooooo I ordered the sti blue floormats and blue carpet instead. Now I just need to find the time to instlal the fmic, rear brake rotors and pads, and shifter trim that I have laying around.

My greddy boost gauge has a burnt out bulb in it. Anyone know off hand which size bulb goes in it? I'm gonna pull it apart Monday.

it seems i have everything put together, my car starts...i dont see a leak but i do smell gasoline from one side of the car though...i had to kinda ghetto rig it because i think the thread was stripped(not the bolt thread but the manifold thread) where the fuel rails is held to secure the injectors in tightly. so basically my fuel rail wont tighten down all the way so i used washers so i didnt have to tighten the bolt down more.

i'm also getting a cel P1096 Tumble generator valve circuit #2 (opencircuit)

help guys?

i'm hoping these are easily fixed problems so i can drive myself home tonight.

Stupid question, but did you disconnect the tgv plugs, and did you plug them back in? That would be the first thing. Make sure the connectors are plugged in.

If you are smelling gas, you have a leak. It may not be a huge one, but you probably have one.
    Last edited by rickyh; 07-30-2005 at 09:38 PM.

i dont know what the Tumble generator valve circuit.

if i have a leak because my fuel rail bracket isn't tight enuf then i dont know how i'm gonna fix it....

i'll look at it tonight

i just found out the circuit adapter that goes into the socket next to the fuel injector wasn't connected. theres 2 adapters, one into the fuel injector and one on the side of the intake manifold. its the adapter on the intake manifold.

i thought this was the reason for my check engine light but it didnt go away.

should i reset my ecu?
    was that my problem?

other than that i think i'm ready to drive. i've started it and it idles kinda rough, but maybe because it's not warmed up, hasn't learned, etc...

that should be your problem. they were the connectors for the tgv's. reset the ecu and it should go away. as far as your idle being rough, what is your vacuum at idle. what em do you have?

i use the AP, also my vacuum is what my boost gauge is at right?

i smelled around the injectors for gas leaks but i think its just my exhaust smell from no cats...hope im right

yep. vacuum is what your boost gauge will read.

well at idle my boost needle is directly down(i forgot the number) moving a little lower every couple seconds.

i filled up my coolant by the radiator, but i can't fill up the second,smaller , resevoir. the cap can loosen but wont open...would i have to unscrew the 5 bolts that holds the entire lid down to fill it up with coolant?

i smelled some smoke...maybe from lack of coolant, since i dont think coolant reached all the rubber lines just yet...

Quote Originally Posted by nudelgruven
    Hey, Chad.

Actually, you already know me and my car. It's Lonny, the guy with the blue wagon that runs D-Stock at the autocrosses. You know, I still owe you some video of you driving at the autoX back in February.
    As far as the Legacy, yeah, it's an 02 GT wagon, platinum silver. As far as I've seen, I think it's the only one registered in the whole freakin' state!

There's supposed to be another autoX next weekend as well. I'm kind of hoping that they reschedule the one next weekend, 'cause I'd rather not drive out to Belle Chasse two weeks in a row!

Lonny!!!! Long time no see.
    I just got back from Austin last night or I would have responded earlier.
    Havent been racing lately. My car is in need of maintenance.
    When I go to the NS I will let you know, maybe we can meet up somewhere.

And yes, I would love to see those vids!
    Now with more V8 powa!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.