Louisiana subies post here! - Page 14
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Louisiana subies post here! within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I got some stuff done at Performance but i only have bad things to say about that place. The guy ...

I got some stuff done at Performance but i only have bad things to say about that place. The guy who does the work name is Dale Dumas and hes a lazy mo fo and hes moody like a lil girl. Seriously like one day he'll be like " yeah sure i can do that" and the next be like O maybe not. Most of the time he just sits there and gets his son to do most of the work. Anyways yeah performance sucks but i guess if you got the money the job will get DONE bu t the quality sucks. If you got any questions just give me a call 504 251 7040... Mo

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

O yeah and i think Baldwin isnt really a good place to get mods put on your car their really just a good dealership so most of the guys dont know much about modding cars just about selling them and do stock work like tires, oil, etc....

i got my part in, its the right one so i'm very happy. got the seals on the injectors on one side but never had enuf time to do the other side.

other than that i'm all done, nervous about crankin up my car its been so long.

i have a few questions though, i heard from somewhere that i had to pour oil into the top of the turbo(where the metal oil/coolant? line is, directly in the middle of the turbo held down buy a bolt)

also my coolant is all gone, should i fill up all the coolant resevoirs? like the small coolant box that has like five hoses comin out of it by the airbox and injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by EmsTraumajunke
    Yea the one in covington. Koby subaru in mobile Al. tore my car apart and decided not to cover it and handing me my transmission and other parts of my car back to me in cardboard boxes so i need to fond someone that can put it all back together he shortly when my sti ra tranny comes in. Cause i think there some tings missing and im not really sure how to put it back together.
    Hey nice wagon! You have great taste in choosing color and model.
    Black Wagonz Ownz!!!!!

I had my RA gearset installed at Performance by Dale. It was the first set he did, I have over 20,000 miles on the gears, and have had no trouble related to the work he did on the transmission. Now it did take too long, but that is another story.

They do lots of modding for people who want aftermarket stuff done. Early on, they were doing Cobb Stages 1&2, MRT kits, and I think presently APS stages.

You can call me also, if you like: 504-473-1352.
    chad
    Now with more V8 powa!

Definately fill up the coolant reservoir. fire it up, let it run a bit, and add more coolant. You may have to fill it up a few times. Pour a little bit of oil in the top of the turbo, right where the metal line goes in. It will lubricate the bearings/bushings. Even at idle the turbine spins at over 5k! Imagine spinning that fast with no lube.

Glad to hear that the seals were the right ones. Now get that thing on the road and start kicking some ass.

are u talkin about like mobile 1 synthetic motor oil? approx. how much oil should i pour in there?

thanks for the help ricky u've been alotta help

EARLY WARNING: Going to the Dragon again!!!!!!

Check this thread on NABISCO for info on the Fall Dragon Meet.

I will be going on this weekend (Oct.6-9) with the Subaru peeps and the following weekend (Oct 13-15) with my Dad's Corvette club.

Info about the Dragon here

Look here to see a motorcycle run the Dragon!

If you love twisty roads, then you have to drive this road sometime!

Let me know if ya'll are interested.

chad
    Now with more V8 powa!

Hey Vinh, good luck now that you have your parts.

ricky, shouldnt he fill up the radiator first, then fill up the overflow tank?
    Now with more V8 powa!

can someone be more specific with the fill up of the coolant? i just dont want ne more problems so i'm being a little anal.

chudlo i've decided to take ur advice and leave my suspension stock for the time being, despite what my friends say about rolling on stock suspension...

still hopin to have a meet with the subaru community of LA

Drag, auto-x, anything?

I only have on cap, and it is on the coolant reservoir. If he has two, then yeah, he should fill the radiator first.

As far as the oil. whatever oil you put in the car. mobil 1, regular oil, 5w30, You don't need to pour a whole bunch in there. Just a couple ounces.

Here is a good thread all about coolant. It has the factory coolant refill instructions in it.

click for coolant info

If you lost a lot of coolant from the radiator, you would want to fill the radiator reservoir and the overflow bottle.

Check this thread if you need help getting the air out: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hreadid=142667

If it is the coolant in the turbo, I cant really help except to say that having a properly filled radiator should allow the turbo coolant hoses to fill right up. It shouldnt take very long for the waterpump to get coolant there.

Hope this helps.

PS: ricky was fastar!
    Now with more V8 powa!

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    still hopin to have a meet with the subaru community of LA
    Haha! me too! And I have had my car since Oct 01.

We should all goto the Dragon together. We could caravan. Or maybe just the Lake or something..........
    Now with more V8 powa!

caravan?

how far is the dragon?

it's kinda hard for me to take time off for a long drive, but a weekend trip would work out great...

thanks again for ur pointers guys

It is about 11hrs. I will leave on a Fri night, get there late, wake up fairly early and start driving. That's right I will drive over 10 hrs just to go driving. Then I leave as late as possible on Sun so that I can enjoy the scenery a little longer.

I wish that I could move closer.
    Now with more V8 powa!

Baldwin vs. Performance

Having gone to both Baldwin and Performance, I'd definitely have to say bring your car to Performance. Baldwin doesn't seem to have anyone on staff over there that I'd trust to work on my WRX, not even my Legacy, really. I live down the street from Baldwin, and I'd rather drive 40 miles across the lake to have Performance take a look at it.
    In Mandeville, though, there is Munchen (actually pronounced Munich). They sell and work on bimmers and benzes, but the guys that work there really know their stuff when it comes to mods! I'd expect to shell out some serious green, though.

BTW, anyone heading to the SCCA autox this weekend or next?