Louisiana subies post here! - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Louisiana subies post here! within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I got the utec used for 500 bux. the egt you should be able to get for under 200 new. ...

I got the utec used for 500 bux. the egt you should be able to get for under 200 new. For a wideband, you can get one for 350 new. The utec manual is a good place to start, and wrx hackers.com has a lot of info. there is also a quick tuning guide that pretty much goes step by step with the whole process. I use an old laptop that I got off of ebay for 175 bux. it doesn't need to be really fast. I was using a p2 266 and it was fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok so i've had miserable experience modding my car...whenever i touch the intercooler, theres a leak and i end up having to take it apart. So now i took off the up pipe heatshield and i have a big leak from the o2 sensor. Now i'm kinda hesitant to install my vf30, up pipe, and injectors, fearing that something worst might happen. Can ne one help with my o2 sensor problem? it's jammed and it wont get ne tighter but i see thread still left to screw in. I sprayed wd40 but it wont budge.

all these problems might turn me to the easy route and just get someone to do it for me...

where do you live? It sounds like you cross threaded the o2 sensor. a spark plug has the same size thread. pull the o2 sensor out, and try threading a spark plug in there. I'd rather ruin a spark plug than an o2 sensor.
    Last edited by rickyh; 06-18-2005 at 10:53 PM.

i live in monroe. today i've pulled out my turbo and up pipe.i got the o2 sensor out and the thread on the o2 sensor seems fine, so i think its the socket thread that got messed up. tomorow i'll be puttin in my vf30 and injectors. how should the studs be put in? i cant really screw it in all the way and if i use pliers or something i might mess up the thread...wish there were more subaru people in monroe...

ps: how would i be able to fix the o2 sensor? its the socket and o2 for the headers so i have no idea what to do about that.

Studs? You mean put studs in the uppipe? Use two nuts and two wrenches. place both nuts on the side of the stud that isn't threading into the uppipe. using two wrenches, tighten the top nut against the bottom nut. you should then be able to use the nuts to put a wrench on and thread the stud into the uppipe. If you have any loctite, you might wanna put some on the uppipe threads. It will prevent the studs from backing out later.

As far as the 02 sensor, if the threads in the bung are messed up, the only way to fix em is to chase the threads with a tap. I don't remember the size of the theads, but I had a similar problem and used a spark plug to straighten out the threads. I don't know how far down your o2 sensor threads in, but if it is only a couple of threads showing, you might be able to put a washer or two on to make up the difference. I dunno, just throwing some ideas out there. An exhaust shop should be able to weld in another 02 sensor bung. I needed another one in my downpipe so I took it to a mitey muffler and they welded one in. you are talking about the o2 sensor in the passenger side manifold right?

yea i'm talkin about that one. i've got the brackets off...it's everything everyone said it was.

now i'm about to put on my turbo. i think i did the uninstall in the wrong order cuz i did not empty the fuel in the injectors and i dont want it to spill when i remove the injectors.

should i install the up pipe and turbo then start my car to remove the left over fuel? or should it be a problem?

on a side question i spilled alot of coolant on the engine should i rinse it down with wateR?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    yea i'm talkin about that one. i've got the brackets off...it's everything everyone said it was.

now i'm about to put on my turbo. i think i did the uninstall in the wrong order cuz i did not empty the fuel in the injectors and i dont want it to spill when i remove the injectors.

should i install the up pipe and turbo then start my car to remove the left over fuel? or should it be a problem?

on a side question i spilled alot of coolant on the engine should i rinse it down with wateR?
    As long as your car has been sitting at least over night the pressure should be off the fuel system. At least it was the 3 times i changed injectors on my car.
    The real adventure will be the green brackets of death A royal PITA.

Antifreeze should harm the outside of the engine.
    Your signature sucks

antifreeze is the same as coolant? i got one bracket off the driver's side but the passenger i'm still workin on. my car's actually been sittin for 3 days already.

i've lost track of alot of where the bolts went is there ne thing i can go by to put it back in? like the numbers on top of the screws?

this is become a really REALLy long process and i just hope everything works out fine so i dont have to take everything apart again.

If you are really worried about depressurizing the fuel system, look inside the car on the passenger side. to the right of the ecu, just in front of the passenger side door, is a little kick panel. It would be by the passengers right foot if someone was sitting in that seat. There are three little plastic thingees holding it on. remove that panel, and there will be three plugs there. you want to unplug the green one that is closest to the front of the car. After you unplug it, attempt to start the car. It may start and burn whatever fuel is left in the rails. crank it a few more times and that should be it. If the car has really been sitting for a few days, you shouldn't have any problems with it. As far as any bolts/nuts, I believe that most of them are the same size, 14mm if my memory serves me correctly. I didn't put the green brackets back on, but that is your choice.

i've found that i'm missing an o-ring that everyone says they lost, i didnt even notice it was missing. i think its only one.

is there ne where i can go to buy an o-ring ex. autozone?

if not does ne one have extras? i'll pay for overnight shipping etc...

I don't have one, but I have overnighted stuff from subaruparts.com before.

o ring

manifold diagram scroll to the bottom of the page for the diagram that has the injectors and o rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    i've found that i'm missing an o-ring that everyone says they lost, i didnt even notice it was missing. i think its only one.

is there ne where i can go to buy an o-ring ex. autozone?

if not does ne one have extras? i'll pay for overnight shipping etc...
    I just robbed one off of my stock injectors.
    Your signature sucks

my stock one is the one i'm missing, but i've ordered o-rings from mcmasters already.

hopefully mo more problems

I should be ordering my fmic this week. I may need help with the install, as I've never done one before.

when will it be in? i'll be on n.o. this weekend.

i dunno how to install it, but it helps to have another pair of hands

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.