Louisiana subies post here! - Page 10
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Louisiana subies post here! within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; hey chudlo who installed ur ra gears for u? and how much did everything cost u for the ra gears? ...

hey chudlo who installed ur ra gears for u? and how much did everything cost u for the ra gears? i dont really trust alot of the mechanics down here since most of them aren't very experienced with subaru's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey Vinh,

I got the gears from Rallispec $1450.00
    OEM parts came too about $600
    Labor $700
    I also got a Cusco 1-way LSD for about $800
    Not to mention air frieght from Japan........

Oh wait that doesnt include the clutch. Exedy sport, about $400.

All of it was installed at Performance Subaru down here in NOLA. Mine was the first of the RA gears they installed and have since done a few more.
    Now with more V8 powa!

Chuldo,
    How the auto-x went?
    I really want to start racing. Just need to get off my arse.
    I just got my STI going. Got cobb accessport stg. 2 catless.
    Had to port my wastegate, but it wasn't too bad. Just a litle scary to do by myself.
    Car is now a torque monster. Really pulls in every gear.
    Your signature sucks

Quote Originally Posted by wrmax2002
    Chuldo,
    How the auto-x went?
    I really want to start racing. Just need to get off my arse.
    I just got my STI going. Got cobb accessport stg. 2 catless.
    Had to port my wastegate, but it wasn't too bad. Just a litle scary to do by myself.
    Car is now a torque monster. Really pulls in every gear.
    The auto-x went well for me. I won Street Mod!!! Again.
    It's funny though because I had both the fastest and slowest times in my class.

You need to go racing. It will change the way you look at your car. Besides it is soooo much fun to toss these cars around.
    Now with more V8 powa!

Lakefront Meet!

Ok guys, I am going to try to make this meet on Sat.
    You can check here or here for more info.
    Or you can PM me or something.

Maybe we can meet out there. It is usually fun.
    Now with more V8 powa!

hey do u guys know where i can get my car tuned? i have an accessport so i believe i would need a protuner. or can they just set a map on my accessport? i'm lookin for the mississippi/louisiana/texas area.

i'm trying to get my stage 2.5 tuned cuz i dont really want an off the shelf map when i'm upgrading the turbo etc..

well, f.i.s is in dallas, and turbochargers.com is in houston, I believe. there is also a place in atlanta. I don't know of anywhere else. If you have accesport, you are limited to the maps that cobb has. you would need the protuner or whatever it is called.

I really need to get around to installing the rotors/lines and pads that have been sitting around my house for the past month. Maybe I'll buy more parts and spend a whole day working on my car.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge with the NX Ntercooler thingee? The one that sprays nitrous or co2 on the intercooler? I was thinking about using that and a wot switch or maybe use the utec to activate it at say 80% throttle or something. I dunno, just pondering where to spend mymoney.

maybe u should like into the water injection, i haven't researched THAT much about it but i've heard nothing buut great things. Thats prolly my next step to run safe yet extract some more power out of it..

i wanna do all these installs like u but its either raining or 95 degrees outside. wish i had a garage or somethin

Quote Originally Posted by Vinhtage
    maybe u should like into the water injection, i haven't researched THAT much about it but i've heard nothing buut great things. Thats prolly my next step to run safe yet extract some more power out of it..

i wanna do all these installs like u but its either raining or 95 degrees outside. wish i had a garage or somethin

I already have water/alky injection, and I was just toying around with the idea of the ntercooler.

It is pretty damn hot. I tried to install my brake lines a few days ago and it started raining on me. There I was, in the driveway with the car on jackstands. What a mess.

well please tell me ur point of view on water injection? i'm really planning to have that as my next mod. did u need a tune for it? did u install it urself? what kind of performance gains did u get from it?

I did the install myself. It wasn't complex, just time consuming. I did tune it myself with a utec. I have nothing but good to say about it. I can run gobs of boost and timing with no knock. I currently run 19 psi with an a/f of 12:1 with no knock, egt's no higher than 810C and can still push the turbo some more If I wanted to. (vf39) I am still running the stock intercooler, and I really don't think I need a larger one(although I will probably get one anyway) I have a two stage system, with a 2.3 gph nozzle that comes on at 7 psi, and a 5 gph that comes on at 10 psi. I have a 3 gallon fuel cell in the trunk that has 2 gallons of water and 1 gallon of denatured alky. It lasts a little over 2 months. I've never had the car dynoed, but the difference is night and day.

how long did it take u to learn to tune? what injection kit did u buy? seems i'm planning the same route u r, i wanted to tune myself but the task seems intimidating.

I got the kit from coolingmist.com. As far as tuning, all I did was take a txs base map, set the boost where I wanted, and I just leaned it out a bit more each day until I got the a/f that I wanted, then I just started to add more timing. It wasn't that hard cuz I did it over about a week. Everytime I pulled fuel it ran harder and harder. I had the utec for about 2 months before I got the kit, so I played with it for a while. Do you have a wideband and an egt, cuz that is all you needs.

ok i'm new to the utec, but i all i need is a wideband and egt with utec which runs like 600 used on the forums right? and then a labtop?

how did u learn to tune? from the manual of the utec?

thanks for for ur advice etc. ur helping me out alot.