**ATTN: All Texas members read this thread!!!** - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on **ATTN: All Texas members read this thread!!!** within the South Central States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Jebus +1, maybe we will have to start our own John! Braden 02/white San Antonio aim: awkfan03 ...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    +1, maybe we will have to start our own John!

Braden
    02/white
    San Antonio
    aim: awkfan03
    pm for msn
    I'm down,I got two subie driving friends that'll be up for it,I'm thinking a saturday night thing,I mean whats up with the "universal"car meets on week days?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lustwrx View Post
    anyboby knows anything about where fellow wrx owners hang out in austin, texas?? just moved to this city....
    I am also in Austin. Can anyone recommend a good performance shop in the Central Texas area to get some work done? I would be willing to go as far north as Dallas and as far south as San Antonio.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    I am also in Austin. Can anyone recommend a good performance shop in the Central Texas area to get some work done? I would be willing to go as far north as Dallas and as far south as San Antonio.
    Oh yeah...Something in or around the Austin area would be good too...I am new to the import scene and don't really know what's around here...

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    Oh yeah...Something in or around the Austin area would be good too...I am new to the import scene and don't really know what's around here...
    I heard good things about MZM performance in austin,I wanna go there to get my car tuned.They got their own website mzmperformance.com,I think their shop labor time is 90$ an hour

Quote Originally Posted by johnaru04 View Post
    I heard good things about MZM performance in austin,I wanna go there to get my car tuned.They got their own website mzmperformance.com,I think their shop labor time is 90$ an hour
    Yeah...I have been doing some research and they came up. Most everything seems positive and looks like people are happy with the work. I am going to try to get by there in the next week and talk with them about what I am wanting to have done. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.

I went up to MZM a coupole of weeks ago and have had several conversations with Mutasim since. He and the rest of the staff seem to be very knowledgable and don't try to sell you a bunch of crap just to make the money. Like he told me, they are a performance shop, not a parts store, I went in there knowing roughly what I wanted to accomplish and had a budget set. Mutasim told me that they could do it for less than I had set aside for the work. Imagine that...a bill LESS than you expected. So far I am impressed with the professionalism of MZM and look forward to seeing their work. We should be getting started within the next two weeks. we are waiting on the availablity of a couple of parts. Here's what we are up to:

APS 3" Turbo back exhaust
    Denso Iridium spark plugs
    Cobb Access Port -Version II
    Cobb stage II suspension
    OZ Ultraleggera 18 x 8 wheels- Black
    Goodyear Eagle F1 -GSD tires
    Custom Tune

*Trying to locate an 2007-2008 STI VF43 or VF48 Turbo & Intercooler

I will attach pix and Dyno sheet when done.

Name: Uriel
    Car: 06' STi (Silver)
    AOL: NA

Name: Judd
    Car: 2006 Steel Gray WRX- Modified
    E-mail: whohash74@yahoo.com
    Steel Gray Metallic '06 Wrx: STi TMIC, VF43 Turbo, APS 65mm Cold Air Intake, APS 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, Cobb Access Port II, Cobb Stage II Suspension, 18x8 O.Z. Ultraleggera Wheels, Tuned By MZM

Well, I got my car back from the guys at MZM last week. Wow! This cannot be the same car that I took dropped off. The workmanship is top notch and the guys up there were very personable and didn't try to bleed my dry. Mutasim and the guys did not try to sell me a bunch of crap that I didn't need. After everything was installed they put t on the dyno to tune it, of course a storm rolled in that day and made it take 4 times as long. They did an excellent job of balancing good power and torque with reliability. I would highly recommend MZM to anyone in the state looking for some serious work to be done to their WRX/STi, Evo or RX..

www.mzmperformance.com
    Steel Gray Metallic '06 Wrx: STi TMIC, VF43 Turbo, APS 65mm Cold Air Intake, APS 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, Cobb Access Port II, Cobb Stage II Suspension, 18x8 O.Z. Ultraleggera Wheels, Tuned By MZM

just moved to town...
    Tara
    Houston-galleria area
    wrb 06 wrx

although i was reversed into today! anyone know of a good body shop in houston- i'll need a new front bumper and paint job.(maybe i'll upgrade bumpers while i'm at it)
    Last edited by bwhere; 03-18-2008 at 04:57 PM.
    The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.
    I'm too shy to express my sexual needs except over the phone to people I don't know.
    God will forgive me. It's his job.

Quote Originally Posted by bwhere View Post
    just moved to town...
    Tara
    Houston-galleria area
    wrb 06 wrx

although i was reversed into today! anyone know of a good body shop in houston- i'll need a new front bumper and paint job.(maybe i'll upgrade bumpers while i'm at it)
    welcome to H-town AkA Humid town

Apollo paint and body they do good work .Now about a different bumper..you might be able to pull it off

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by uacolon View Post
    welcome to H-town AkA Humid town

Apollo paint and body they do good work .Now about a different bumper..you might be able to pull it off

good luck
    thanks...i look into the shop.
    The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.
    I'm too shy to express my sexual needs except over the phone to people I don't know.
    God will forgive me. It's his job.

Name: Gonzo
    Car: 08 wrx sedan, silver

Name: Travis
    Car: '02 Silver WRX
    AOL s/n: fuocoso

I knew there had to be some other rex owners here in town. Glad to see the mzm performance post, i've been looking for a shop.

danny osborne
    just moved to elpaso tx
    02 psm wrx wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.